[0.11.0] Etup's EK Build

I'm playing in onslaught and i'm a bit disappointed in EK Mara. I'm doing 1,4k DPS on lvl 65. I tought i would do some more dmg. In groups i feel useless. I'm running: purity, hatred, determination, grace and haste as auras and i have a spell dmg (60) and cast speed wand (16) furthermore i'm using a 5l with BM, Lifeleech, Faster Casting, Ek and Projectiles. Should i drop LL? I don't it's a good idea to count on life reg with vita and the build, or should i say that i'm not quite convinced that i'll be enough. Ah and i'm around 3,9 k Life right now. Close to the Templar Lifenodes - Armor Node reached -
IGN: ARGHWA
Last edited by GraveDude on Aug 2, 2013, 2:04:28 PM
@ grave with ur cast speed wand u should be able to swap faster cast to iron will....also qual on the gems is amazing..r u using q or non q....also dont run haste run vit...the builds about survivability the dps will up as u grab str nodes with iron will and more gear. also finding a shield with str helps alot the secret to ek is maximizing ur strength bonus as it is epic for iron will
I’d rather die on my feet
Than live my life on my knees

WTB ALT ART DEMIS
"
GraveDude wrote:
I'm playing in onslaught and i'm a bit disappointed in EK Mara. I'm doing 1,4k DPS on lvl 65. I tought i would do some more dmg. In groups i feel useless. I'm running: purity, hatred, determination, grace and haste as auras and i have a spell dmg (60) and cast speed wand (16) furthermore i'm using a 5l with BM, Lifeleech, Faster Casting, Ek and Projectiles. Should i drop LL? I don't it's a good idea to count on life reg with vita and the build, or should i say that i'm not quite convinced that i'll be enough. Ah and i'm around 3,9 k Life right now. Close to the Templar Lifenodes - Armor Node reached -

Using wrong gems in your 5l matey, EK (added fire and iron will these 2 will give u 1k dps EACH) then BM and faster projectiles for the 5th :)
Hi im new to EK Mara and was wandering why nobody uses iron grip node or an iron grip support gem? (notice EK is labelled as Proyectile, Spell) so as a proyectile skill it should be affected by iron g., is that right?

Also was thinking on an added lightning dmg gem and taking statics blows (as im going for the life node that's very close to it)

This is my build plan so far:

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwCcQSzBS0MfQ6tEH8TWxRNGNsZLho4HRQhYCP2J-0otSkuKaU1hjbpOrM62DrhPC09Dz38QKBDnEp9TdhN41BQVElVxlXWVvpYY1ivWfNaSFuvXz9gS2CIYSFhUmTnZp5noHC7dO108XgNerh673y4ffWBb4Tvh3aI8Yx2jM-PRpBVnaqePJ65n8uiAKQZplenCKeEqW6sWayqrpO18rc-uJO5zbndvoq-u8AaxPbGnsauxtjPZdDQ1I_dDeLq42rnUudj7DjuDu8O707vhu_w8B_yL_JF8932SPba-tL8xf4K_o8=

One last thing, I just saw you went for BM passive node in the first page build, but also have BM gems linked to EK in your gear... how does that work? which option you find to be working better for maping?

Tanks :)
"
Nelkael wrote:
Hi im new to EK Mara and was wandering why nobody uses iron grip node or an iron grip support gem? (notice EK is labelled as Proyectile, Spell) so as a proyectile skill it should be affected by iron g., is that right?

Iron Grip applies to projectile attacks. EK is a projectile spell. Iron will works and is commonly used.
"
GraveDude wrote:
I'm playing in onslaught and i'm a bit disappointed in EK Mara. I'm doing 1,4k DPS on lvl 65.

EK has always been low damage , except with LL RF build.
And it is even worse with the recent nerf.

You may achieve around 6k dps without sacrifying too much survability but not more.
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:

You may achieve around 6k dps without sacrifying too much survability but not more.

I agree with you regarding Righteous Fire Builds. My Map partner, Zallaris (Account name Shimmra) runs a Shavronnes Low Life EK build that has 26k DPS. However, EK DPS can go over the amount you specify. Even after being nerfed, my EK Marauder has a 7092 DPS EK attack.

Spoiler

"
GraveDude wrote:

@GraveDude, your build will turn out great. The thing about EK is the gem itself is weak endgame until it becomes at least level 19. I have a level 20 gem on Onslaught that I will lend you.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Last edited by Daresso on Aug 8, 2013, 2:00:49 PM
"
MasterCard wrote:
"
Malone wrote:

I agree with you regarding Righteous Fire Builds. My Map partner, Zallaris (Account name Shimmra) runs a Shavronnes Low Life EK build that has 26k DPS. However, EK DPS can go over the amount you specify. Even after being nerfed, my EK Marauder has a 7092 DPS EK attack.

Spoiler

"
GraveDude wrote:

@GraveDude, your build will turn out great. The thing about EK is the gem itself is weak endgame until it becomes at least level 19. I have a level 20 gem on Onslaught that I will lend you.

The 11.x updated build link seems broken - most points are unassigned - please could you post updated l85 builds with/without Kaoms for the new patch?
Hmm, doesnt matter wich skilltree i try to click on your build, everybody looks the same and only a few points are spent.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info