[0.11.0] Etup's EK Build

**UPDATED**6/5/13
The information in this guide will be based on high level map play.

After getting a lot of pm's i decided to post a quick breakdown of how i built ek marauder. I think this is probably the strongest build available from the marauder start and becomes insane with good gear and the right builds in your party.

Gameplay Footage

http://www.twitch.tv/etup
Started streaming if you're interested in the build or just want to see it in action as some people have requested in thread you can see it there!

LEVELING
I recommend leveling as sweep, leap slam, ground slam, or ele cleave(more respeccing required). Create a witch and run to mud flats and do glyph wall to get your EK Gem. Start your main char and get your ek gem in and leveling! When you're in the 40's you can switch to EK and start using it to level efficiently.

Don't recommend blood magic gem before 5l/6l but if you want to do it sooner you can do it 40+ if you drop faster projectiles (any sooner and you more than likely won't have the regen to support 2-2.5x mana cost). Recommended leveling auras w/ bm gem purity, vitality, hatred = more balanced, purity, vit, determination = more tanky with grace on blood magic for both types.

Leveling 1-25

http://tinyurl.com/c9mkvvq

Resolute Technique / Stats for leveling EK / head towards Blood Magic

Leveling 25-50
http://tinyurl.com/crmksoz

Pickup Blood Magic / Golem's Blood / Iron Reflexes / Unwavering (Drop Resolute Technique & go EK)

Leveling 50-75
http://tinyurl.com/cs7wage

Divine Toughness & Takeover templar tree / HP near Iron Reflexes

Leveling 75-85
http://tinyurl.com/cuzgewl

Pickup armor nodes up / +5 max resist / get rid of stat nodes if possible

End Game
http://tinyurl.com/cc7agn7 Stage 1(lvl 85) - Show's which nodes to cut etc.
http://tinyurl.com/c7poa9w 85+ without Kaom's

**ONLY 0.11.0 BUILD I UPDATED**
http://tinyurl.com/k4o9qnm 85+ with Kaom's

You won't make this switch until you can afford to drop unwavering stance. 17k+ armor 5.7k+ hp and the skill points to pull it off effectively

Swap Tree Around a bit to go into duelist area pick up endurance charges in mid 90s fill out hp nodes and armor. Using BM Gem to run 1 30% and 3 40% aura's.

Bandits
Normal - Help Oak
Cruel - Help Oak
Merciless - Help Oak

Gearing up / What to look for & wear

Left half = wand/shield, Right half = Kaom's

Helm - HP + Resists + Str | High Evasion + Hp
Chest - High Armor/Eva + HP | Kaom's
Boots - MS + HP + Resists | HP + Resists + Str/MS
Gloves - HP + Resists | HP + Resists
Rings - HP + Resists + Stats + Cast Speed
Amulets - HP + Resists + Stats + Cast Speed/Spell Damage (no crit multiplier)
Wand (low int base 100-188) - 60-109 Spell Damage + 19+ Cast Speed + Proj Speed + Crit w/ Spells
Shield - HP + Resists + Armor/Eva + Str (best place to gain chaos resist/high armor)
6L Staff - +1 gem + 60-109 Spell Damage + 19+ Cast Speed + Crit w/ Spells + Str

Current gear

Stats
Lvl 94 - stats will be with auras.
Ek 6.6 or 8.6k w/ added fire
11.4k hp 606hp/s (860/s with vit)
21k armor
block = 25%
80+44 overcap (5 under on fire)/ 40 chaos resist

Flasks

Gems / Skill Explanation

Skill bar setup should look something like this: (non Kaom's)
EK | Immortal Call | Bear Trap 1
Vulnerability | Enduring Cry 1 | Enduring Cry 2 | Molten Shell | Bear Trap 2

Detonate Dead
Puts a stop to any necro mobs easily and the quality on gem helps a ton. Can help your clear time in undead maps a ton.

Skeleton Totem
Whenever running small grps or for map bosses.

Blood Rage
- Once u get over 60 chaos resist this skills pretty amazing. Basically a free 15% cast speed for -1% hp regen/s which is a trade u can easily make with life leech and is super useful.

Enduring Cry
- With normal blood magic ek build you can run 2x enduring crys and its really nice. With BM Gem its still needed but can't really be linked with anything. Both are core in the build and should be used in any map you think is difficult OR has reflect phys.

Immortal Call
Makes you immune to physical damage (including reflect). Linked with increased duration and having full charges up you become immune for 12 seconds. Running double enduring cry can basically let you sustain immunity in most situations.

Curses
Main curse is Vulnerability until kaom's when you lose your bear trap's switch to projectile weakness for more ek dps. Only other curse needed is enfeeble for anything you feel it's necessary on.

Molten Shell
Strong skill early on but the higher level you get the more useless it is & it can be risky in ele reflect maps!

Bear Traps
Main physical dps with added fire + culling strike it does insane damage and also kills mobs when they are low. Having 2 of these is super important.

Grace
Only aura you should run on blood magic. Huge armor bonus with ir + if (8k+ armor).

Ethereal Knives
Main skill on a 6link use life leech + faster projectiles + added fire + iron will + faster casting. Quality on these gems are all very strong. 5 link drop life leech. 4 link drop faster casting.

BM Gem Auras
Using lvl 18 reduced mana gem and -10% mana reservation nodes you can run hatred, + 3 of the 40%'s. Alpha Howl also works.

Group Play
You basically play as the front line tank and lead the group while also doing solid damage. In smaller groups your damage will definitely be noticeable but in 5-6 man parties you will feel pretty useless. The hardest fights are the ones you will really shine in where you man up when everyone mans down.

Maps
Minimum stats to start
lvl 72-75 w/ lvl 16-18 ek
80 all resists -60 chaos/ 4k+ hp / 12k+ armor
This should all be fairly easy to attain with this build having so much of all 3 in nodes. Only thing i would really watch out for is chaos mobs on extra ele dmg % maps until you get better gear. You should definitely work for being 44 overcapped on resists to counter elemental weakness maps as well.

Physical Reflect maps swap life leech in for iron will or added fire depending on strength.

Build Summary (lvl 96 w/ Kaom's + 6L Staff)

Keystone
Iron Reflexes: Converts all Evasion Rating to Armour

Stats
+340 to Strength
+90 to Dexterity
+110 to Intelligence

Life
5.4% of Life Regenerated per Second
357% increased maximum Life
+60 to maximum Life

Mana
10% reduced Mana Reserved

Physical Damage
8% increased Melee Physical Damage
8% increased Physical Damage with Staves

Resistance
+40% to all Elemental Resistances
+5% to maximum Fire Resistance
+5% to maximum Cold Resistance
+5% to maximum Lightning Resistance

Endurance Charge
+2 Maximum Endurance Charge

Armour
139% increased Armour

Energy Shield
44% increased maximum Energy Shield

Critical Strike
You take 30% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes

Movement
2% increased Movement Speed

Misc
30% increased Effect of Buffs on You
13% additional Block Chance With Staves
+2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range

Last edited by Etup on Jun 5, 2013, 9:59:23 PM
I'm confused. How do you stay alive then if you remove Life-Leech from EK?
After doing BM melee then bow maru i went for bm gem EK build with 4 auras and i thnik its a lot better then taking BM keystone.

Rest is solid but with this kind of gear its no brainer.

Got a question tho. Did you try going more block/evasion im at this point where i have 7k hp and i still can get 2-3 shoted in few sec. My problem is i cant run groups until i get new pc.

So i solo and im trying to minimaze chance of getting killed if (god forbid) i dc. So im a this point where im gonna respec some hp to more block chance.

I pressume you run 6ppl groups with ice totem and so on so basicaly you dont get hit at all.

If you had to build this again would you go for block or not?

This is what i got currently

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwCcQSzBS0MfRB_FE0VUBjbGS4aMho4G_odFCFgJIsn7TbpOrM62DrhPC09Dz38QKBKfU3YTeNPfVBQUWBUSVXGWGNbr18_YEthIWaeZ6Bs9nTtdPF4DXq4eu98u4BWhO-HdojxjHaMz49GkAqQVZ65ogCkGaZXpwinhKluqZWsWa6TtfK3PriTud2-isAaxBXE9sWKxp7GrsbYz2XQ0NSP3Q3i6uNq51LnY-w47w7wH_Iv8kXz3fZI-tL8xf4K_o8=

My gear is lacking badly but what can you do...
Can we please have a video?

The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
"
Melkrow wrote:
I'm confused. How do you stay alive then if you remove Life-Leech from EK?
You have 4.4% life regen from the passive tree. I mean you don't NEED life leech to live even on phys reflect maps it just helps. If the mobs im killing have big pack sizes though then i just swap it with iron will or added fire depending on strength.

"
zkeleton wrote:
After doing BM melee then bow maru i went for bm gem EK build with 4 auras and i thnik its a lot better then taking BM keystone.

I think taking out any gem in this build is a huge hit to damage in a 5l or survivability in a 6l. Anything you gain from auras you lose when being in a group.

Got a question tho. Did you try going more block/evasion im at this point where i have 7k hp and i still can get 2-3 shoted in few sec. My problem is i cant run groups until i get new pc.

Not getting iron reflexes is a very bad idea while i did pick up block nodes during the mid 70's low 80's it was just to get the resist nodes until i got better gear.

I pressume you run 6ppl groups with ice totem and so on so basicaly you dont get hit at all.

I've never played with someone using ice totems so no i get hit all the time.

If you had to build this again would you go for block or not?

I don't think block is worth the points because as you're damage scales up you need more armor to mitigate incoming damage and block really doesn't help survivability that much. If you don't want to take physical damage use immortal call.

"
tobes111 wrote:
Can we please have a video?

Unlikely but maybe.
Last edited by Etup on Mar 2, 2013, 4:37:21 AM
Same question here, whynot use BM support gems instead of BM nod and use some auras ?

EDIT: Ok u already answered that. Thx u.
Last edited by kulgeen on Mar 2, 2013, 4:46:08 AM
"
kulgeen wrote:
Same question here, whynot use BM support gems instead of BM nod and use some auras ?
answered in post before this.
Sic Semper Evello Mortem Tyrannis
"

Idk the only thing id really consider in this is changing conduit + spell dmg nodes 90+ for 56% more hp which is obv a possibility. The build itself though i dont really understand it has lot of weird shield nodes for energy shield etc that i don't understand.

A lot of people wanna use bm gem etc.. but i don't think its worth it unless your really only planning to play solo. I really doubt you will be running 72-77 maps without a group as it costs too much money for one person to sustain.

Idk looking at it if nobody plays EB in your party it would def be beneficial but the only real issue i see is dropping faster casting off all of you're abilities for blood magic gems everywhere which may be annoying as it might make things clunky. I might mess around with some stuff and change my decision a bit.
Last edited by Etup on Mar 2, 2013, 5:25:05 AM
"
Etup wrote:
"

Idk the only thing id really consider in this is changing conduit + spell dmg nodes 90+ for 56% more hp which is obv a possibility. The build itself though i dont really understand it has lot of weird shield nodes for energy shield etc that i don't understand.

A lot of people wanna use bm gem etc.. but i don't think its worth it unless your really only planning to play solo. I really doubt you will be running 72-77 maps without a group as it costs too much money for one person to sustain.

Idk looking at it if nobody plays EB in your party it would def be beneficial but the only real issue i see is dropping faster casting off all of you're abilities for blood magic gems everywhere which may be annoying as it might make things clunky. I might mess around with some stuff and change my decision a bit.

well you use a archon or angelic kite. it gives armor + ES so all the nodes you get buff it ALOT. + the block chance you get goes into the 12% block chance added to spell dmg.
idk I just came up with it, tryin to make the most tankyist build ever haha
Sic Semper Evello Mortem Tyrannis

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info