[0.11.0] Etup's EK Build

Doing this build right now, works great.

With a random jade ammy, you can use EK as soon as you hit act 2 and get a GGG with faster projectiles and fork. From there packs pretty much just get facerolled, currently close to 50.

A decent 2h for single target is needed, but otherwise its pretty much just smooth sailing.
Last edited by Ebonyknife on Mar 28, 2013, 12:36:38 AM
"
Ebonyknife wrote:

With a random jade ammy, you can use EK as soon as you hit act 2 and get a GGG with faster projectiles and fork. From there packs pretty much just get facerolled, currently close to 50.

A decent 2h for single target is needed, but otherwise its pretty much just smooth sailing.
really doing this build and i am lvl 43 i think and poison arrow with silverbranch and fork kills things much faster?
Switched my 58 EK marauder over to this build, and it's working great so far!

Just one quick question, why do you prefer Vulnerability to Projectile Weakness?
IGN: BLUdoin| BLUcorp
Harbinger(SC) League
"
Sicarion wrote:
"
Ebonyknife wrote:

really doing this build and i am lvl 43 i think and poison arrow with silverbranch and fork kills things much faster?

Well silverbranch is obviously one of the quickest ways to level, but isn't easily available to new players.
Hi, I'm following your build and i really appreciate it! i just have one doubt:
atm i'm level 65 and i'm playing with 3 friends, waiting till lvl 88 in order to switch to aura setup (bm gem) seems so late in order to help them providing a bit of utility for map (my party has no specific aura character other then me). Do you think is it possible to unlock the aura pattern removing bm node some way before the lvl 88 or is it too much compromising?
Last edited by trunks0 on Mar 29, 2013, 9:03:10 PM
"
BLUcorp wrote:
Just one quick question, why do you prefer Vulnerability to Projectile Weakness?

I think vulnerability is better with bear traps than proj weakness but after u get kaoms u shouldnt use vuln, i don't personally.

"
trunks0 wrote:
Do you think is it possible to unlock the aura pattern removing bm node some way before the lvl 88 or is it too much compromising?

Yeah trunk i think you can pull it off before i want to change the guide a bit and remove non bm gem etc but haven't got around to it yet. If you got a 5l just drop added fire or lifeleech. 4L run ek bm ironwill faster cast will be a stubby ek build with auras but try and get a projectile wand to compensate until 5l.
Last edited by Etup on Mar 29, 2013, 10:48:59 PM
are you the guy who survived vaal slap and was in that party with kerkrom?
I believe I made an improvement on this build. This is for lvl 100 and basically I have more armor nodes. I discovered that you can still run 4 auras if you use a lvl 20 reduced mana + 3 40% auras +30% aura + the new thicket hood that reduces 8% mana cost. I havent actually tried it but if my maths is right it saves you 3 skill points =)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwCcQSzBS0MfQ6tEH8S4RRNFm8Y2xkuGYUaOBv6HRQhYCSqJd8n7SkuKaUt0jWGNuk6szrYOuE8LT38QKBDY0OcR35KfU3YTeNQUFRJVcZXDVhjWPVZ81uvXz9gS2EhZU1mnmegcU107XTxeA16uHrvfLiBb4TZhO-HdojxjHaMz49GkFWRzprPnaqdxJ48nrmiAKQZplenCKeEqW6rxaxZrKquk7XytzG3PriTuc253b6KwBrE9saexq7G2M9l0NDUj9lh3Q3i6uNq51LnY-w47w7wH_Iv8kXz3fZI-tL8xf4K_o8=
Last edited by 4dd on Mar 30, 2013, 3:40:08 AM
"
Etup wrote:

Yeah trunk i think you can pull it off before i want to change the guide a bit and remove non bm gem etc but haven't got around to it yet. If you got a 5l just drop added fire or lifeleech. 4L run ek bm ironwill faster cast will be a stubby ek build with auras but try and get a projectile wand to compensate until 5l.

This is my second EK i'm leveling my first one died to Vaal - :( but anyway, I leveled both pure blood-magic gems. The key is to not really use it until you can get over 100/hp/sec regen and level a blood magic gem as soon as you are able to slap it on. Grinded with Groundslam with blood magic and EK leveling (along with some beartraps and such) It is very doable, especially if you pick up a lot of health early, and the % health regen passives along with Vitality and all while using LL gem like etup said.

ATM im running 4L EK, BM, LL, IW. The damage is decent with oak reward from cruel and haste aura running. Run bear traps to help with single target (if you can find leveled ones.)
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
My Current Gears @ lvl 55- I know I have alot of improving but gotta start somewhere.

Hey Etup Can you please make the changes to the end game portion you were wanting to make, it would really help alot of us out especially me :) I really enjoy this build and I cant wait to get to higher levels and better gears. The one thing im having problems with right now is at lvl 55 trying to decide if i should start using Blood magic gem or keep blood magic passive skill. Any advice would help alot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info