How we Made PATH OF EXILE: ROYALE

I totally would love to see it, at end of a league as filler gap. I mean 95% of the community just takes naps that week so we can be up all weekend playing the new league. This could take up some of my nap time that week.

you could toss the reward around with league themes or something. Maybe start a royale hideout totem, that uses the combine system of mtx to let us build a totem.

Would let people have somethign to really go after.

I think short bursts are the best for the mode. Maybe toss it around as a fast skill beta test.

We made this skill go out and kill each other with it for a weekend. Let us figure out how you exploit it.

I think the supply chests should be themed. Like they drop a cyclone gem, melee damage support etc and a 2hander. So you don't have to try and hunt a dozen crates to just be able to kill the mobs.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
This limit was mostly respected, though the definition of "workday" was stretched considerably for one programmer.

Can you have that employee contact me so a lawsuit can be filed against GGG for cultivating a harmful work environment, infringing on worker's rights, and ignoring the health and safety of your employees? Thank you for your time. Kappa
This event was so much fun. I can see a ton of potential for that type of game mode. The one problem I think would be is sustaining high player count games if it was a permanent mode. If it was run on one weekend a month, it would keep people from getting bored of it.
Special occasion event imho
Saved
Well worth he time in my opinion but I don't think it would keep it's appeal as a permanent thing. Leo daily might work or just have it as special events every now and then with some added balance. (Uniques have too much impact for starters and let everyone have a choice of base weapon in the inventory to start with.)
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Was fun, please bring it back and make it the PvP mode of Path of exile.

my ideas about improving it so far:

1) extra xp to palyers get lvl 20-30 fast, and makes the game more interesting
2) 4 links drop, to make game more interesting
4) skill point book drops ( yes yes yes )
5) maybe players could be able to reach ascendancy at level 20, or something? ( instantly, not doing lab, ofc ) .. just grab level 20 and choose ascendancy
6) When finally 1v1 comes out, the game should end and both remaining players go to a arena, small place, similar to guardians-elder fights places, so they have to fight each other til the death in that small arena place. The survivor is the winner. This avoid some kind of annoying 'campers' and 'never ending' games that I had to play today early. Would be nice!
7) Rework skills on this mode. Split arrow for example was broken.
8) Probalby one of the best ideas: What about start the game at lvl 28 just like some pvp mods that we already have?
So everybody start lvl 28 or 30 or 32 ( or whatever u think its better ), with 32 skill points, and there is a 20-30seconds before match start to allocate passive points.

We all start with no gear, but lvl 28-30 or something. Looks really exciting cause we're no longer 1 shotting each other!!
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Apr 3, 2018, 8:39:32 PM
I, much to my surprise, actually really enjoyed Royale. There were a few issues such as the imbalance in the skill gems and gear that dropped for players, however unlike the other pvp modes it allowed players to begin on a level playing field and not have to rely on an unfair advantage due to a far superior pvp build.

The one major issue I had with the mode that I briefly touched on before, was that even in a match with 30-40 people, I would always spawn right next to someone who had far greater success with loot, and in some cases joined a match about 30 seconds in to find that there was already a fully armed player standing ready to kill me.

The best way to implement this in my opinion would be to have it available every weekend or two, with some variations in the rewards. This would give players a reason to look forward to playing it so it doesn't become a dead gamemode after a week. Another idea I've seen is to run it in the time period between leagues, just to give players something to do if the next league needs extra time and work before release.

Some of my logic is probably flawed somewhere as it usually is, but these are just my thoughts I've had while playing Royale. I personally would love to see the gamemode return as it was one of the most fun and unique pvp modes I've ever played in any form of RPG.
I loved POE Royale as an April Fools joke but that's it. Just because the mode is popular with gamers and it was played this weekend, does not mean it is good for PoEs future. I think with the recent shortcomings of the Beastiary league I'm kind of shocked you are even considering it. Please focus on balancing skills and polishing the next league instead...or do what every gaming company does and ditch what you love for what sells.

Thats my 2 cents..
I didn't play it, but from the sounds of things it's pretty much a straight upgrade to Cutthroat which I love. Bring it back once in a while but don't go hard on it - you can barely develop the main game as it is.
hey put it in core of the game. 100 player kill 100 rouge exiles and 1 supper boss for each island map. map level (1) to (95)(5 level . each time we finish the supper boss we gain 1 lvl and move to difference island with 5 higher level monsters from the old island .... up to level 85+ island map supper boss open 20 portal for 100 new rouge exiles enter the island ..lol P:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info