How we Made PATH OF EXILE: ROYALE

Standalone? Not realy. I was playing Royal for around 5-6 hour. Won 2 times. It was well spend time and i enjoy it so much. But i think it was great mode becouse it was limited to 1 day that make it exciting mod with cool limited price to win.

Good time to turn it on is on holiday event or between leagues (end of league - some day of royale time - start new league)

PS: this royale for sure was for people who play PoE a lot and know every aspect of game that help them win with thier item, skill knowlage (what to pick, what unique are the best for them and affixes in items)
Last edited by negnal on Apr 3, 2018, 8:24:28 PM
It would be fun to see occasionally... but from what I've seen it got old pretty fast.

Keeping it for occasions will keep it hyped and fresh, keeping it always will make it die.
Loved it! I'd like to see it as an occasional event that is ran rather than a full on gamemode. You could have one where you start at level 30 or something so you can be a little less squishy. Overall, it was really fun for something you guys threw together in one development day.
Well since PvP has been untouched since, I think this is the best thing that could be implemented to support PvP right now. And it's already developed ffs! It'd just be the fact that some resources will need to be devoted to supporting it if you want it to last. I think PvP needs to be implemented again and this is a great way to get it going again.
It'd be awesome if you could proceed to a next round if you finish in the top 10. That takes the really good players away from the beach so the less experienced players have some breathing room and the good players get to have fun with curse setups, Keystones, Sunder, and what not in following rounds.
I think having it constantly there would be a bit much, it would die off and it would be hard to make matches.

BUT I think it's the PERFECT thing to run in between leagues, if you need an extra week or two to finalize some stuff in the new league, ROYALE would be a great addition to run for those couple of weeks where there's no league running and the league players have nothing else to do since we generally don't play standard.

Definitely needs some balancing though, maybe make Frost Blades/Split Arrow a much rarer gem and it can only spawn in the more center chests, rather than on the beach, I think that should fix it mostly, as you'll have people rushing to the middle with much tougher monsters but they're under geared and would die a lot easier trying to get the more dominant skills.
"
As a community, how do you feel we should proceed? Is it worth the resources to take this one-day prototype and polish it into a standalone supported game mode with ongoing improvements? We'd love to hear your thoughts.

I think the standalone mode would be too much. Its popularity would probably shrink with no rewards and with repetition, and people would always complain about balance. However, I'd love to see this event again in the future! Perhaps as part of the race season/weekend?
Since we're at this, it would be awesome if special events were run not *only* during weekends (of course, I don't mean April's Fool, which is a specific date), because while it's when most people can play, some can not. It would be nice if it were possible also on Friday/Monday - for example I missed all PvP seasons, because I wasn't able to play during weekends then; my friend missed race weekend because he had guests, etc.
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
I think its best suited for a (race)event type of thing. It could be running in parallel during an entire raceweekend so that people that died in races or dont want to commit to the full length of a race have something else exciting to do.

It could also be reused for other events such as halloween or christmas especially if there is some thematic decoration added to the map.

As a standalone gamemode it will likely run into similiar issues as pvp with only a small dedicated playerbase that is not big enough to get good queue times.
If you don't start with your characters starting skill, it just does not feel like POE. And it is not ARPG pvp, more like a RNG cluster F. It could be more fun with some tweaks. I am willing to try it again after that.
God_of_Thieves_LLD_PVP__I hate the Labyrinth
Last edited by ripnburn69 on Apr 3, 2018, 8:31:39 PM
You could play it?????
Whenever I've tried it just got me back to log in screen.............
WTF, I thought THAT WAS THE JOKE...
Uber Fail, like with the league itself...
Last edited by ShoveMoneyDeeper on Apr 3, 2018, 8:45:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info