How we Made PATH OF EXILE: ROYALE

It was fun and annoying, I would say give it another day(or more) of development and use it for an event, or events in the future. It would be fun for a week between leagues or something.
"
daleyyc wrote:
No thank you, I'd rather see resources used to work on bugs in the existing game, proper testing of new leagues, and balancing skills/ascendancies.
SSF since ~OB
It would be really great as a weekly or biweekly event with additional mods added in like BLAMT!!!!
S L O W E R
"
daleyyc wrote:
No thank you, I'd rather see resources used to work on bugs in the existing game, proper testing of new leagues, and balancing skills/ascendancies.

It took just 1 day out of a couple people's work. Not THAT bad.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Jonathan realised that we could actually implement the whole thing very quickly

that sounds like how bestiary league came into being
my vote would be for it to be an event that you ran occasionally, mix it in with races and such.
I'd love it if Royale was brought back from time to time, especially if there are some royale specific balancing changes (Say a few skills toned down slightly in that mode only) so that more combinations are viable.

There could even be versions starting at different levels with an expanded loot table to match. Maybe another future feature would be the whole match is recorded and for a limited time anyone could download it off the server for future replay (as many RTS games have had).
It looks like a game mode that some people would enjoy a lot. I wouldnt play it but if it would bring in players and more revenue for ggg, why not?

As for frequency and how it would work..... maybe alternating Royale modes over time... one that starts at level 1 like this past one and maybe ones for higher level characters to enter? Having different modes with different requirements that change every few days.... or maybe having a league component to royale battles....
I wish you good social credit in the scores to come.
Last edited by Snailmail on Apr 3, 2018, 8:59:17 PM
I'd like to see it implemented permanently, and I say that as someone who likely wouldn't invest much time into it beyond obtaining at least one of the hideout decorations. So long as it doesn't significantly take away from the development of the core game, I don't really see anything but upside. We'll be attracting new players, pleasing the PvP crowd, filling the void left by races occurring much less frequently than in the past, and just generally giving any player more things to do.
I’d like to see Royale again, but here’s my advice: ONLY listen to the pvp community in regards to balancing this thing

PvE-only players don’t know how to balance PvP. Don’t listen to Reddit either.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info