How we Made PATH OF EXILE: ROYALE

Split Arrow Royale.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Please make it a permanent game mode with ongoing improvements!
I'd love to see it back, but not right away. It'd be best as an infrequent event, like the race leagues. Limited-time-only is a big part of the draw for me, I think.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
I think Royale is great as a one off and would rather have the LOVELY GGG spent resources on improving the game.

"
just have it as a cool event that we run occasionally

That
It was popular cause it was something fresh in middle of the league. Some 1-week race event once for a while for example would have exacly the same effect.

After 1 whole week of royal ppl would start complaining that is boring and need some improvements.
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Last edited by PsVRTwo on Apr 3, 2018, 8:50:09 PM
please focus on improvements to the game: balancing, performance, bug fixes, new leagues... and daily mtx at obscene prices.
Imo it has potential but for it to not get old really fast it needs to get many changes. there are some concerns of mine.

- The map needs more out of line of sight on the starting zone, near the center once the ring gets smaller it isn't that bad you have ruins, trees and rocks to kite around ranged characters, but at the start on the beach there is such an open space that any player that gets lucky enough to get split arrow and a rare crude bow can of screen in two shots any other character within miles of him.

- Each class should start with defining active skill gems on the inventory, some support gems, and base gear (white can work here if the chance of currency on starting supplies boxes increase a bit), so we don't need to worry and/or pray for a random gem, after winning two or three times with ranged characters i tried to go melee, i had like 4 or 5 games being stuck unable to find ground slam or frost blades, most i could find was cleave at best, it was pretty annoying, also supplies never had two handed weapons, i had to go dual wield all the time.

- Different and smaller skill tree with more impactfull options for pvp, chance to avoid freezes/stuns movement speed.. maybe some keystone at lvl 5 and 10, making lvl 10 maximum for the whole event maybe some mini ascendancy version opting for 1 out of 3 on the keystones kinda like scion ascendant, for example ranger being able to pick at lvl 5 pathfinder with flask charges over time, deadeye with +1 aditional projectile or raider with a small version of onslaught on hit.

- As long as it doesn't affect at the live realm versions of the gems, Skill gems should have their pvp version with different values and lvl requirement, for example lowering the amount of arrows that split arrow have to 3 total. also it would be cool to be able to play things like storm-call and ice-crash on these events.

- Safe zone circle reduction should be much faster once the circle is like 2 screens big and there is only 2 or 3 players left, there are situations on where you either wait to the circle to get smaller or just straight lose, having to wait 2 to 4 minutes to have a chance of winning as a melee vs ranged is a pain in the ass.

- Map shows enemies at four screens of distance, this is too much, it should be one screen and a half at best.

- With 100 players distance between starting spawns is too close, but if we at least had some kind of starting gear it would not be that much of a deal.

- Being able to interact with the environment would be amazing, for example once the arena gets small and there are no creatures left having any item or creature that you click or kill to get flask charges, levers that you can pull to open and close fire pits, or dart traps that you can play around if you know the terrain.

Overall i hope you guys invest some time on this game mode and see were it goes even if it ends up failing, its a bet i would be willing to take, PoE engine can offer much more than the current PVE we have with just a couple of tweaks.

Edit: for the people begging for them to not waste development time on this, improvements to this project doesn't require many programming hours, it's more the hassle balance wise but i guess this kind of project can be done on the sidelines and even being refreshing to some devs if they are motivated enough, you guys already saw what they were able to do in just less than 30 hours of accumulated work-time.
When You die on Softcore, you lose experience.
When you die on Hardcore, you gain experience.
Last edited by JohnOldman on Apr 3, 2018, 9:07:28 PM
I loved the event, but I think the participation levels would drop a lot if it was kept in the game full time.

Bringing it back for short windows with minor changes each time gets my vote.

Personally, In the run up to a league, i'm always hyped about the patch notes and want to "get back into PoE mode", but don't want to actually play the last few days of the previous league because they're usually pretty dead.

I'd be massively in favor of a series of mini events the week before each league starts, as something to play whilst waiting on the full league to start.
IGN: Starlight_Seraphim
"battle royale games" - is a piece of shit. not fun at all. for kids 9-13 yo.
it was fun joke but dont waste resources for this garbage.
keep it as a !very rare! race event, that's all.
FOR THE GLORY!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info