How we Made PATH OF EXILE: ROYALE

It was definitely a great mode but I dont think it should come back as a permanent game mode. Maybe have it come a day or 2 on a weekend to keep it as an "event".

I don't particularly think having certain skills gems being dominant as a bad thing. It goes along with the spirit of the game to break the game as much as possible. That said, going along with the "one day a week". Perhaps we could have a different hideout reward every week and perhaps add mutations to the drop list that would restrict certain gem tags from dropping or even allow us to start at a higher level with a chosen ascendency.
I would like it seasonal, like how races were. Ladder ranking is important. So is the ability to queue with a team(numbers can be played around with).

Balance definitely needed. Need exclusive MTX or preferably alternate art!

Find ways to generate revenue here(I don't want this to go unfunded and have no problem supporting you guys for this).

Spectator mode is very important imo, for streaming purposes. The casted racing video with ziggyD and the 4-player splitscreen was incredibly awesome, and would be great in this mode as well.
Royale should take the same steps as racing in POE. Make announcements, keep it fresh and new, provide rewards for people playing it. I agree that if it was kept in the game, it would die in popularity after a couple of weeks. I would love to see it in-between leagues or on weekends but with a bit more notice.
Last edited by Nahsik on Apr 3, 2018, 8:18:38 PM
Bring it back!!
I loved the game mode and miss it already D:

I really hope you guys bring it back
I'm probably never going to play it, but I have no problem with it existing. If spending some time developing the Royale mode gets more players and more money flowing into PoE, then that means more can be spent on the core game, which means more PoE for everyone, which is unambiguously a good thing. As to how likely it is that Royale would see a good return on investment, I have no idea.

Edit: I probably would play it some if you could earn rewards for the core game.
Last edited by Aziraphale on Apr 3, 2018, 8:22:32 PM
It was my first hands-on experience with the royale phenomenon- I've seen friends stream such games as far back as... I think ARMA 2, all the way through H1Z1, DayZ and the two modern colossi, PUBG and Fortnite... honestly, I never thought much about it.

But I do love PoE, and when I saw the announcement wasn't a joke, I was more than happy to take a stab at it. And it was wonderful. Wasn't feeling 100% that night, so only made 4 or 5 short-lived attempts, but it was enough that: yes, I would love to see the game mode return with a little more polish! ^.^

Biggest thing I'd want to see would be something like each unique class persisting through death with the option to change the name when selecting Royale mode. That way you could hop back into a queue quicker without having to either clog your roster with dead throwaway characters, or delete and recreate one each time.

More hideout decorations or... I dunno, something else to help keep interest and get something out of it would also be a welcome edition. Maybe some silly armor or weapon skins, or pets? Maybe keep it a limited time event, like a week long every month or something... that may help keep player burnout minimized.

... not sure about adding party support. It's a staple in the genre, but not sure it'd work in an aRPG setting .-.
Just had another idea, incorporate Tempest mechanics into the fight.
I think working on it right now might be ok so long as the bulk of the work done at GGG is focused on this current league and the upcoming one (as well as bug fixes of course), maybe have Royale be a weekend event as others mentioned for the time being until a properly balanced version can be implemented to supplement/replace the pvp that is currently in game.

It might be good to also have different sized groups available to choose from rather than only having a 100 man free for all (maybe 32, 64 then 100 player caps?), rewards would obviously have to represent the degree of difficulty of the size you choose. Speaking of rewards, having 1st 2nd and 3rd place get a reward instead of only 1st would be nice as well I think.
It was an amazing game mode. I only played 4 games until i won my rhoa dinner using an overpowered skill 😀

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info