How we Made PATH OF EXILE: ROYALE

It only makes sense to incorporate royale into the official version. BR is popular for a reason, and it will probably save PvP in PoE. This is the grande PvPenis chris mentioned a while ago and that we've all been waiting for.
I would like to see Royale return. It would be nice to have as a permanent game mode with some longer term grind rewards so players would keep coming back to it.

The only annoyance in the whole gamemode was ability to kill people off-screen, other than that it felt absolutely amazing.
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑ᕗᕙ๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
▂▃▅▇█▓▒░ IGN Exoj ░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑ᕙᕗ๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
I think it's not a really good idea.. Battle royals are Casual games . (Sorry for my poor english.)
Royale was a fun idea. But in reality not something that was sustainable.
When I tried Monday morning I waited several minutes for the counter to go from 7 to 15 people. Then I logged off.

This will not become a thing.

Also, as several others have mentioned, the game has enough weaknesses that can be dealt with and that requires a lot more attention than an April Fools joke.

It was fun. But don't bother with it anymore.
This is very good idea. But we need skill balance in PvP Mode. I feel like Freezing Pulse is OP for PVP. It should have about 30 % chance to freeze other players.
I didn't try it. There are so many games like this if I wanted a royale type game I'd just play one of those. Huge turnoff for me is the fact it was early game which is my least favorite part of this arpg. Crawling around mashing mana pots is something I try to do for as short as time possible.

I'd be interested in seeing stats for those who did play the royale. The comparison for players who have 5-10+ non afk hours playing the game and how much they participated in the royale vs those who have significantly fewer. My point is... was it super fun or just something new. Guess that is what you are trying to figure out!
Please please work on Royale as a permanent game mode in the game ALOT of people loved the PVP and would love it to be back as soon as possible

SO FUN!!! THE MOST FUN IVE HAD ON POE IN A LONG TIME! :D

Please Devs <333
Last edited by Pines123 on Apr 4, 2018, 2:54:33 AM
Just run Royale events for a limited time near the end of a league instead of bad 10-14 day "races" like Turmoil.
I’m for it, however I think it would be a good idea to not balance the skills for PvP that are also used in PvE so it would be nice to make a PvP version of each skill (with a PvP tag) specifically dedicated to this purpose.
📜My hideout thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2542497
Personally, I think this mode would be great if it were held over the weekends, or at least not something that's available 24/7.

It's by far the most fun I've had in PoE this league, but I can imagine it would get old fast if it were available whenever I liked, especially if fewer people were playing. If it were something available over the weekends, it'd be a fun feature to plan around with friends and guildies.

My biggest concern is that if it were available 24/7, it would very quickly develop a meta (split arrow or frost blades, anyone?) that kept you from enjoying the game. If I didn't see frost blades or split arrow from my first chest, I'd probably quit the fight and start a new one. I also think the exclusivity of the format was a big part of the success.

Anyway, this mode was awesome, and I really enjoyed it. Can't wait to see what you guys do with it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info