How we Made PATH OF EXILE: ROYALE

While I'm not really into PvP (and did not play the Royale), I do love that you added it for those who do!

I also think it would be perfect if it was scheduled over an extended weekend (48-72 hours) near the end of a league when people are looking for something different until the next league starts. This could include a ladder (for most wins, or highest win:loss ratio, etc), if you wanted to make it more of an event.
I really liked the mod. Was the most fun I had in PoE in a long time.

If I was presented with an option to contribute towards this mode specifically, be it a supporter pack or payed subscription I'd gladly take it.

Its obvious that a lot of work should be done for it to be really engaging for long period of time, but please keep in mind that there are people out there who enjoy PVP and they don't play PoE only because there is none. A lot of my friends told me they'd start learning PoE mechanics if this mode was to come back as a permanent thing.

Regards.
Pls, for the sake of Dominus, fix the Bugs first, balance the Skills and THEN we can talk about Royale. I mean, if you rly are up for that route, you better should do so, otherwise it will be a PR Desaster.
From Hunter and Gatherer,
to Role-Playing Games
I really really enjoyed this little event!! I would love if it came back as a monthly/weekly event however it should not be a permanent thing. To keep things fresh and spicey there should definitely be some sort of skill and item rotation on what is available that week/month. This will also "Switch" the meta and will make it more fun.
"
As a community, how do you feel we should proceed? Is it worth the resources to take this one-day prototype and polish it into a standalone supported game mode with ongoing improvements? We'd love to hear your thoughts.

I think it's worth making it into a recurring event, not a permanent game mode. A permanent mode would need to be very balanced, but a recurring event for fun does not need to be perfect.

But I'd like to see races coming back in some (maybe permanent) form.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Hi

With all the problems and shittalking some players do in current league, it's good to see something completly new and entertaining. Something that breaks the wall of negativity. Because it's not like GGG has ended on kill'em all, there are just better and worse ideas. Execution likewise. Plus You can't infinitly get better content. It just can't be done. GGG is still be(a)st at thinking new entertaining concepts for us, it just can't be better every league.
PoE Royale shows, that we, as a playerbase miss a bit of fun. Some dissconnect from mapping, farming, thinking about builds all the time. Something to take a break, yet still play PoE. And Royale was good with it. It's always good to kill and get killed in PvP.
But for the longer run, Royale would be probably overrun with one build, or one concept of play. And that's a problem, becouse when it's fun to get killed becouse You do something stupid, it's no fun to get oneshot, becouse You don't know OP build. But there is solution to that. At least long-temporary. Royale could be more random. There could be mods like:
- no bow skills
- no spells
- no melee
- no support gems
- player basespeed altered by ~50%
- You always crit, but no crit multi (cannot be frozen, if frozen in last 10s, only hit by 20% of dmg when frozen)
- 3 points/lvl instead of one
- non-damaging tempests
- random curse zones (big ones, like 4-9 screens
- projectiles deal less damage as they travel

There are tons of ideas that could be implemented, if given enought time to execute. But that mode have potential, to be very entertaining for longer.

Have a nice day. :)
I think it should run like 4 times per day, not all the time. After a week I don't think there would be that many players in matches if it ran continuously.
Would love to see it as a standalone game mode !
Had an awesome time during the event :)
add it to the race events (pls bring back racing)
If you implement few variances of the mode (different starting levels - mobs - even objectives) and its rewards and make it a standard event for the weekends (not daily for sure), I can see myself playing countless hours! This was one of the most fun moments for me in PoE and I've been playing since open beta!
IGN: Devnull
Last edited by apalecies on Apr 4, 2018, 4:18:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info