How we Made PATH OF EXILE: ROYALE

Loved it, but I'd reserve it for special occasions - in between leagues, holidays, etc.
Permanent Royale would suffer from lack of participation eventually. Half the fun is the first 2 minutes of completely overcrowded madness.
Total crack mode!
Last edited by Wootie on Apr 4, 2018, 1:20:45 AM
---
Last edited by Pathtoexiles on May 21, 2018, 10:55:43 AM
Bring it back please, I'm having poe:royal withdrawal
I don't really like battle royal playstyles, so i just tried out if it really worked and didn't actually play. I liked the joke and the idea tho and think it would make a nice addition as from time to time event (like races).

Don't think it would be a good idea to make it an actual game mode.
1) It would cost too many ressources.. in maintaining it and making sure it won't become a game 2 players per server dominate and also in balancing when new skills come out or old ones are reworked.
2) As you, yourself said many many games are trying to jump that hype train to make fast and easy money. If battle royale became an actual game mode it would hurt the image of PoE to be a game that's developed for players and not only for money.
3) Server load would drastically increase, which could affect normal gameplay (or become very expensive)
it was fun as small dose.
I enjoyed it and it was a nice change of pace. I would enjoy seeing this game mode every now and than (maybe between seasons, when usually races are held, we could add this to the table of content).

For me a very important improvisation would be to reduce player numbers to 50. I did not like the first second fights and the stress. This might be a personal thing, but i would enjoy a few minutes to collect at least some basic stuff and 1-2 levels bevor fighting with players bare handed.
Last edited by Mathorg on Apr 4, 2018, 1:33:29 AM
ROYALE was a relly fun mode and the first time I actually enjoyed pvp,to me it could replace the current arena (in a smaller scale) or be an extra option for pvp only characters.
Royale would be a fun replacement for Sarn arena/Leo's missions which are freaking boring.
I'm not sure it would have the legs to be a standalone perma mode. I know I'd play again if it came back for a limited time with different prizes but I probably wouldn't play a lot if it was permanent.

I don't know if it has the same mass appeal the others do, simply because it is PoE and has kind of a large entry barrier even in PVE where you have a tutorial.
A good excuse.

But explain me one thing again.

Man who buy supporters pack made 2-3 6l items / day !!!! Using 40-100 orb ob fusings. Guy who dont buy it - he can not do one in 4 weeks using 10000000000 fusings ??

And this is another league when this situation repeats itself constantly

Build with bisco's collar, ventors, sadimas has worse drop than builds without this items ??? It's still 1 april ??

ROyale was good fun. Rest it;s still ....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info