|| Discharge Witch Build || 50k+ AOE DPS 0.11.c

I've been looking for a good, unique witch build. Thank you. Can't wait to try it out. Any advice on lower levels?
Suggestion Thread: Race of the Day
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/617940
Last edited by Ecthelion_OfThe_Fountain on Mar 12, 2013, 5:41:31 PM
Get a bunch of supports for ice spear if you can afford it, because discharge wont be viable until around at least level 45+. From then onward, discharge greatly outpowers ice spear and it keeps getting way stronger as you level up.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
when did u switch to CI? like what lvl and how much ES did you think was enough to live while on CI since i saw as u said that the gears were not that great.

and is freezing stuff the form of defense chosen for this build? or do u get armor too by item stats or using hybrid armors?

thanks. been wanting to try a discharge build hahaha

(just a side question) how much do Volls usually cost? since i think its like a basis item for this build when i reach the discharge stage
thanks!
"
jkevin wrote:
when did u switch to CI? like what lvl and how much ES did you think was enough to live while on CI since i saw as u said that the gears were not that great.

and is freezing stuff the form of defense chosen for this build? or do u get armor too by item stats or using hybrid armors?

thanks. been wanting to try a discharge build hahaha

(just a side question) how much do Volls usually cost? since i think its like a basis item for this build when i reach the discharge stage
thanks!

Just go for pure ES. Volls usually cost 2GCP onwards. Go for those cheap ones, no 4L-6L. I use mana leech instead of Elemental Prol. though to solve my mana issues. What actually protects you from the mobs are the decoy totems/ Spell totems (Summon Skele) . Without them you will have a harder time clearing dungeons
"
I've been looking for a good, unique witch build. Thank you. Can't wait to try it out. Any advice on lower levels?

Dont for the immune chaos node too quickly. You will have extremely low survivability.I did that at earlier levels (lvl30+) and my ES was just 300. Horrible horrible survivability. Just go on Fellshrine EXP runs for the time being or do your quest and get your levels

Good to say more coming to play this build
anyone who reached merciless using this build? im kinda worried about going ci and using volls so ur es pool would be a lot lower that a normal ci build and face survivability issues.

also at the first post, you refer to the skill as enduring cry, i think its supposed to be warlords mark. and related to that, would enduring cry be good for this build? or no since you dont really want mobs to attack you haha
"
jkevin wrote:
anyone who reached merciless using this build? im kinda worried about going ci and using volls so ur es pool would be a lot lower that a normal ci build and face survivability issues.

also at the first post, you refer to the skill as enduring cry, i think its supposed to be warlords mark. and related to that, would enduring cry be good for this build? or no since you dont really want mobs to attack you haha

Decoy totem/Spell totem with skele
@lukeiy

wont you get like 1 hit or 2 hit koed with the very low es you have on your gears + CI??
also theres very little %ES passives on the skilltree. i get that you get CC with ice spear and/or totems but im not convinced. i so want to try this build but being kinda new to the game im having doubts:(

what level did u guys reach already with this if i may ask? and any OB videos floating around?

thanks!
Lots of questions to answer...

-I'm almost at 59 in Merciless, 900 ES. Yes I probably will get 2-3 shot pretty easily but with ice spear locking everything down, rares cant get close. I'm trying to buy better ES helm/gloves/boots but struggling a bit. Even just an upgrade to gear of the right level will probably double my ES, but it's not super important.

The beauty of elemental proliferation is that it can freeze everything for max duration if you hit the right mob. As long as one thing is frozen, everything is frozen. Discharge will wipe all the whites out, leaving your skele totem to keep any survivors distracted.

-I only recently got CI, it isn't really necessary until you want/need a damage boost from the frenzy charges.

-Pure ES should be enough especially after the new nodes

-I got my 5 socket Volls for about 1 gcp I think

P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
Last edited by lukeiy on Mar 14, 2013, 8:32:39 PM
"
jkevin wrote:
@lukeiy

wont you get like 1 hit or 2 hit koed with the very low es you have on your gears + CI??
also theres very little %ES passives on the skilltree. i get that you get CC with ice spear and/or totems but im not convinced. i so want to try this build but being kinda new to the game im having doubts:(

what level did u guys reach already with this if i may ask? and any OB videos floating around?

thanks!

I'm currently Lvl52 @ Cruel Piety with 875ES.

I use totems and it gets down pretty quickly by large mobs. 1-3 hits ko. No fear, just spam the totem. Alot of kiting involved for me to clear mobs. Nevertheless fun build!

My usual steps to clear maps are :

1. Totem (Aggro mobs)
2. move away and ice spear some mob while gaining charges.
3.Put up another totem, gain more charges
4.repeat till you think you have enough charge
5.DISCAHRGE
6.Repeat from step 1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info