|| Discharge Witch Build || 50k+ AOE DPS 0.11.c

What I dont understand about this build is when do you go CI?
how do you have enough energy shield to survive at all? since you are lacking in armor and health
issue I find with a lot of builds like this is that they are centered around two or pieces of gear which to me is a waste of time.. people want to be able to put a build together and just go not waste there life away grinding or trading for unique gear that will be useful in maybe one or two builds. If this can be done with out said gear but something close to it give or take then I would be willing to try it out, that being said though I doubt that is the case which is sad :/.
seriously one of the worst discharge builds out there
horrible optimisation

weird skill links

all dmg is elemental
horrible mana management

estimate the es at max 3k which is way to low for having no armor

an atziri for a volls protector build ?

just to give you an idea how bad the atziri choice is compared to devotion

you can charge up on a single target lets say brutus/oak whatever discharge get endurance charges hit immortal call charge up rinse and repeat voila immortal against physical forever

seriously guys dont copy that build its horrible

https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
"
squalltheonly wrote:
"
squalltheonly wrote:
Can someone give me a few pointers on the discharge build I am trying to achieve.

I play on standard, so reflect is not a problem. I tried to get as much All res as possible, while getting the closest crit/dmg nodes that I could.

Some of the gear that I will use:

Every other gear slot I am trying to replace into IIQ/IIR. I want this to be my farming build, in maps 69 & under, and also in Lunaris.

Still waiting on some advice.

I am also thinking of getting 2 Andvarius rings (for the IIR), Alpha's Howl helmet (for freeze immune & to run auras), Divinarius dagger (cuz Void Battery is too expensive), Prism Guardian shield (for the 49%all res to cancel out the 2 rings, no gems in here), and Rainbowstride boots (for the ES).

I reworked the passive tree, dropped some crit chance to get one more all ress in the shadow area.

If my math is right I should end up with the following resistances:
124% all - 60% merciless - 40% rings = 24% all + 26% aura = 50% all
extra 30% cold form helmet
extra 20% fire from Perandous Blazon belt

so:
50% lightning
80% cold
70% fire

Then again, my math might be off :P

You will pop to reflect. Your ES is crazy low and you need to cap light/fire res.
"
cloud9xx wrote:

You will pop to reflect. Your ES is crazy low and you need to cap light/fire res.

Yeah, I have been dying to reflect a lot, but is ok, this is a work in progress and I am fairly new to discharge. I managed to get some new pieces of gear and I worked on my passive tree.

Gear:
Spoiler

Passive Tree:

Now my ES is around 4500 and all res close to 78%. I am waiting to gain 7 more levels so I can respec some crit and make it to Unwavering Stance.
IGN: BirgitSuomaa

"Man. I shot the hell out of that guy, huh?"
Ellie.
"
"

Use Enfeeble + the new unique flask. Don't Crit weakness reflect. It MULTIPLIES crit damage. It's just asking to get killed. You can also drop crit multiplier for more crit chance. 100k is overkill in my opinion. Also, 20/20 life leech is the same as a level 20 life leech. Might as well sell it for a non quality and save some currency.

I'm level 86 on my discharger and I've never died to reflect. Although, I died on my shadow discharger to reflect before rerolling.

Edit: can you link or PM me your build? I'm interested in seeing someone elses take on discharger. I take that back. I did die to reflect once when I was dual wielding Void Battery. It was more for kicks since I just leveled and didn't care about dying.

Thanks for the advice Cloud. I'm not even using crit weakness curse, nor have I taken any crit multiplier nodes (but I do use crit multipler gem linked to discharge). I did use Void Battery for a time, but my dps was over 160k with it, so I had to drop it for something safer.

I might try Enfeeble, but my point still stands, I have to gimp my damage to survive reflect, even with Vaal Pact :).

It matters how you are getting your dps numbers. If you are stacking crit multi you will kill yourself since your max damage will be very high. If you stack crit chance with minimal crit multi (which is what im doing) your max damage will be lower and make you less vulnerable to reflect.
"
squalltheonly wrote:

Yeah, I have been dying to reflect a lot, but is ok, this is a work in progress and I am fairly new to discharge. I managed to get some new pieces of gear and I worked on my passive tree.

You may want to try different supports. I prefer Dischage, Increase crit chance, Increase crit damage, Life Leech, IIR, IIQ.

Increase area is nice, but i'm not a fan of conc affect at all.

You should also consider getting high ES gloves. Maligaro is not where this build wants to be. 6k is the minimum ES to not instant kill yourself on reflect. Even at 6k you will probably kill yourself once in a while.
Last edited by cloud9xx on Jul 15, 2013, 6:29:03 PM
The reason I like conc effect is because of the 15% reduced mana cost it applies to discharge and also it helps me kill enemies that are not even on the screen, if I cancel the drawback with increased AoE. I want to get rid of Malygaro's but with only 98 passive points, I am short on dex to equip divinarius. Maybe some ES/Ev gloves that have dex, then that might work.

I don't want to use crit multi because of what other people say about reflect, that is the multiplier on the crits that kill. Also, I only have 5L ;-)

EDIT: How high are your ES gloves? Cuz the max ES that I find on the indexer are like 120 an above that is Voidbringer but those I cannot use due to only having like 150 mana left

Ellie.
Last edited by squalltheonly on Jul 15, 2013, 6:45:52 PM
"
squalltheonly wrote:
The reason I like conc effect is because of the 15% reduced mana cost it applies to discharge and also it helps me kill enemies that are not even on the screen, if I cancel the drawback with increased AoE. I want to get rid of Malygaro's but with only 98 passive points, I am short on dex to equip divinarius. Maybe some ES/Ev gloves that have dex, then that might work.

I don't want to use crit multi because of what other people say about reflect, that is the multiplier on the crits that kill. Also, I only have 5L ;-)

EDIT: How high are your ES gloves? Cuz the max ES that I find on the indexer are like 120 an above that is Voidbringer but those I cannot use due to only having like 150 mana left

The highest i've seen was around 280 on a rare. If you are CI and running auras off mana then you should think about getting deep thoughts.

Last edited by cloud9xx on Jul 15, 2013, 7:33:04 PM
Very nice gloves "I will buy at a high price".

I don't have any mana issues, as long as I maintain 100 mana regen, cuz I already run reduced mana linked to the 3 auras that I run. Right now my focus is to make my way to Unwavering Stance, cuz the stun cripples me, but it doesn't kill me if I am smart enough.

Ellie.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info