|| Discharge Witch Build || 50k+ AOE DPS 0.11.c

Lots of mana regen and clarity help ease the mana issues, but keep clarity a low level (mine is 11, brings my regen up to 60 per second. The 40% mana regen nodes near witch and templar are especially useful early on, as well as the mana cluster above the witch. -20% cast speed on ice spear will make it take longer for you to explode the first time because power charges get you started, but even late game +50% spell damage will still be a nice 20-30% increase in total spell damage. Seems like they would help your mana problems too.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
Did you actually try this build on maps? I tried it and it sucked. The survivability is low, so is the dmg. On some maps a fully charged discharge was not even enough to clear out the whites. My gear is also not bad since it was my 4th char.
The dmg of discharge was nerfed too hard. Its like 1/3 of what it used to be in CB. I guess the only way to make it work is my having some godly gear where it doesnt matter anymore what kind of build you're running.

Its a pretty ineffective fun build. Imo explosive arrow one is way more fun and is also more powerful.
I did them for a little while at level 65 in CB, it seemed pretty good to me. The most important part is crowd control. If you can gather up a huge group of enemies but still distract/disable them enough for you to survive, you'll clear maps quite quickly. The only big challenge were high life rares.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
The problem is that discharge did waaay more dmg during beta. It was a viable build for beta, now with 1/3 of the old dmg it's rather useless. Maybe they'll buff the dmg by like 50%. Even with high concentrated effect there is no guarantee the discharge will be able to clear the whites on 70+ maps.
I never even got to try it pre-nerf, all of my discharge builds were afterwards. at level 65, the highest displayed DPS was 12k, and considering I didn't have many cast speed nodes, the explosion probably did about 9-10k damage (I think it was 0.83 secs cast time?). From what I know, the damage got a slight buff a few patches after the big nerf. That and the fact this build should be a lot stronger than before it should do more than enough damage to rip through big packs.
I followed your build till lvl36

Fun build to play. Especially make your character extra risky with 1hp

Dmg is reasonable. Get Quality Discharge for better AoE. Fun build to play as it makes your mind work,fingers move instead of spamming just 1 skill from Act 1-3

mana issues now. Have to cap Clarity at lvl2 due to Voll's Protector mana reduction.
Head for the mana nodes above the witch area, they help heaps. More importantly, search for items with high %mana regen to buff your clarity. I'm up to 85 mana/sec which is faster than i lose it casting ice spear.
Original post updated with the gear I'm using. You can see it's not that great but I'm ripping through fellshrine at level 57 now that I've got the big area of effect nodes.
Hey can you update your latest skill tree? :D

enjoying this build alot
now lvl47. Crazy dmg really. Worth the noob-ish lower levels. I am using facebreaker gloves to maximise my crit dmg with ice spear.Solved my mana issues with mana leech on ice spear. Also i am thinking should i make my ice spear more projectiles? (lesser dmg, but easier to crit= faster pwoer charges)
Original Guide rewritten to be tidier and more concise.

Regarding
"
eonclaire wrote:
Hey can you update your latest skill tree? :D

enjoying this build alot
now lvl47. Crazy dmg really. Worth the noob-ish lower levels. I am using facebreaker gloves to maximise my crit dmg with ice spear.Solved my mana issues with mana leech on ice spear. Also i am thinking should i make my ice spear more projectiles? (lesser dmg, but easier to crit= faster pwoer charges)

Each cast of ice spear can only create 1 Power Charge, but multiple projectiles might be desirable for the increased crowd control ability.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info