|| Discharge Witch Build || 50k+ AOE DPS 0.11.c

how is it possible to crit yourself to death with vaal pact [CI] ???

damage taken from reflect = 0,18
damage reduced from capped elemental resists = 75%
damage taken after resists = 0,25

total damage taken from reflect 0,18 * 0,25 = 0,045 = 4,5%
life leech = 8%

and every mob is leeched individually after each reflect.

so monster nr 1 will deal 4,5% reflect on you then you will leech back 8% immediately before moving on to monster nr 2.

is it that your 4,5% of your damage = higher than your ES pool?

if you have 4000 ES you must crit: 4000 / 0,045 = 88888 in order to die instantly. but that monster must also have that much hp right? if a monster has 1 hp, but i crit 100k i should only take reflect of the monsters maximum available hp? then just lower your multiplier and try increasing chance to strike instead?
[Trade] -> Whisper me IGN: TrapAndHide
Pretty sure reflect counts to damage dealt, not only effective damage - which is why it's a pain!
"
ritualzz wrote:
Pretty sure reflect counts to damage dealt, not only effective damage - which is why it's a pain!

what do u mean? my calculations is based on the damage YOU deal. that damage is reduced by your defenses?
[Trade] -> Whisper me IGN: TrapAndHide
Creator here. Guide is a bit out of date because I'm taking a break for a while, but I just played some maps again and it was pretty fun. I'll just say a few things now because I'm not sure I can be bothered to keep updating the guide.

This is my gear
Spoiler

This is my current tree

My resists are overcapped at 75/75/75

Running level 17 discipline and clarity with 400 spare mana which I'm not sure what to do with. 100 mana/sec regen. 1k tooltip DPS for ice spear with no charges, obviously way way higher at range because of all my crit multi. Didn't check discharge DPS but I believe it is somewhere around 70k.

My char is on standard so I don't have access to Voll's Devotion. Atziri's Foible was there until I could get more stats. The requirements are now fulfilled but I just haven't gotten round to getting a new amulet. Now that that is cleared up...

You will kill yourself to reflect if you aren't careful. It can be avoided and doesn't happen to me anymore, but it is a playstyle issue which some people have trouble with. Charging into rooms to discharge without looking will get you killed regardless of whether there is a reflect mob in there or not. This build is designed with a very powerful ice spear to thin packs and hold everything still. Walk up, observe, ice spear/skele totem and then discharge once you think it is safe. Just please, make sure you have capped cold resistance so you can kill the reflect mobs. I've cleared elemental reflect maps with nothing but ice spear in under 15 minutes.

I don't use an Eye of Chayula or Unwavering Stance. Despite what people say, the build is perfectly playable without them. Again, this is a playstyle issue. Use Ice Spear to lockdown a room while your skele totem raises up the distractions. You can kill everything with ice spear almost as quickly if you need to. I tend to use ice spear on high threat mobs, such as anything which uses puncture (I hate puncture with a passion). Discharge is your "oh shit" button if they get too close. I can't remember the last time I died from stunlock.

Finally, just remember this isn't a pure discharge build. You have to show Ice Spear some love, and you have to let the skeletons out to play. Don't rush unless you're sure you won't die and this build can be a lot of fun.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
Last edited by lukeiy on Jul 28, 2013, 8:02:47 AM
First post ever here, thanks Creator, i have lot of fun leveling discharge witch !!
Let us know if you come back on POE, discharge witch is fun as hell.

Nice work on this guide.
IGN RousseSvelt
wow that discharge build is extreme low on critchance i would be suprised if you reach 75%

why that ugly shield everytime is see a discharger ppl use that ugly shield i dont get it

i have a really hard time believing your 70k dps you stacked a shitload of multiplier with a weak critchance and concentrated effect is the ultimative you die on reflect gem and you have maybe 3-3.5 k es

the docksvideo is kind of dissapointing with higher critchance you would have full charges at all time and wouldnt waste 90% of the time spamming ice spear
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Aug 6, 2013, 5:20:07 PM
just out of curiosity, how would warlords mark go used as a curse? for the endurance charge gain
I've been playing a modified version of this build.

I call it the: "Don't Piss Her Off" Discharge Witch build.

Right now she's around level 40, and finishing up normal (LOL I know)... Running with Voll's Ammulet and Power Siphon/Frenzy/Cold Snap as my main attacks (and Discharge obviously). Using curses and Enduring Cry to build charges more quickly.

Discharge has +Crit Strike Chance +Power Charge on Crit + Elemental Prolif (for now, working on more sockets)...

Frenzy and Power Siphon both connected + LMP (need more sockets to add +Lightning Dmg)...

I have both Crit Weakness and Warlord's Mark as curses.... I can only use "one" at a time right now (until I get a multi-curse Uniq). I've been using them both back and forth at different times through the build... Seems that Warlord's Mark is more efficient early on at generating charges reliably, although I believe that as I stack more Crit Chance & Spell Crit Chance -- that Crit Weakness will eventually become my main curse. I've played with both and as of now at the end of Act3 Norm, they are almost neck and neck and still usefull. Both Crit Weakness and Warlord's I have 'stopped' levelling around level 8, as both gems mana cost was starting to rise a bit too fast for my liking.

Enfeeble is a gem that I've also started to level... Seen that some people are using this with Discharge and I have been thinking about trying it out soon. Reason being that often I'm too ballsy (playing Anarchy), and I tend to find myself surrounded and taking a lot more damage a lot more often than I should (I run into the middle to Discharge), than if I was playing more conservatively on HC or something. Thinking that Enfeeble could slow-down the pounding I take right before everyone goes boom... and it could help to improve my survivability.

Original plan was to use Voll's Ammulet, with Voll's Chest and a few more synergistic game mechanics. The chest isn't quite ready yet as I've been working on improving the sockets for now... I think once I have this mechanic in place (did some brief testing) -- I should have no shortage of charges going forward.

So far I find this build super fun to play... Usually my first Discharge is the biggest as I've built up charges from afar, sometimes the second is the biggest if I crit and have my curses set. Cold Snap seems to help me control the speed/chaotic nature of some battles -- as with one button I can freeze a pack of mobs on one side, while I am working on disabling the others. Sometimes it takes her a bit to get pumped up (ie. pissed off) -- if I am caught off guard, with zero charges.. But usually I kite out to the periphery, and after 2-4 keystrokes I'm back up to 3/4 charges easy -- and usually that's more than enough to clear most of the mobs and carry on.

Next steps are working on improving my survivability... as of right now my ES is a bit too low, and certainly nowhere near where it needs to be before I get to Chaos Innoc/Vaal Pact/Ghosting. For the next level or two I'll be working on Farming some better gear and/or improving sockets on my current gear and then it's going to be some epic next-level sheet with Discharge. :)

Hi, my build is almost identical to this one, but im having some problem with mana. not sure i want to let go of the energy shield. i doubt i can find enough mana or regen for her.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEBwVbB2MHpRFQEZYWQBmFGjgabBzcHwIkqiepKU8snC0fLUct0jGINsU26TrYPAU9X0bXSbJMs03YUDBQQlJTVa5XK13GXypgbWaebRlzU3kDfll_xoIQgh6DOIV9iEKLjIw2jHaOZJBVl5WX9J2AnaOdrp_foqOnCKeEtQS2-sBUwfPYJNrd2wvbXt3z37DjauQi5oHr5Ow473zxdvId96b8qw==

these are my gears

Spoiler

my max dps is about 15k without the frezy charges, because i haven't let go of the energy shield yet. thus, can't use blood rage yet.

any advice will be welcome and appreciated.
Last edited by dyuloose on Jan 4, 2014, 1:39:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info