|| Discharge Witch Build || 50k+ AOE DPS 0.11.c

"
FireTako wrote:
Hey guys. Lvl 82, almost 83 wondering where I should upgrade my gear?

I have some currency built up, any uniques I should get, what gear I should upgrade, etc?

Spoiler

Also current build for reference:
http://tinyurl.com/pyz4l3o

Wand and Gloves definitely. You could get a Divinarius, the extra area and crit chance are really nice.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
"
FireTako wrote:

I have some currency built up, any uniques I should get, what gear I should upgrade, etc?

You've got some pretty awesome gear here. They're crazy expensive but what about rainbowstride boots? The movement speed is always a blessing for our build and the +20 to all elemental resists might give you more room to adjust your other gear. Not to mention some nice mana and the ES is pretty similar to what you have just a little less.

The ES on that shield is really nice. I like running with an 80% or higher crit chance on my shield but I've only seen a few with that high of ES and that much crit and they were quite costly.

It was mentioned already but yeah divinarius would be nice if you wanted the extra radius. I've even considered heartbreaker myself. The spell damage and crit chance aren't overly awesome on it but having both is nice. The extra mana, ES, ES cooldown, and culling strike though are appealing to me especially since I run a lot of not so great ES/mana gear.

"
FireTako wrote:

Also current build for reference:
http://tinyurl.com/pyz4l3o

Nice, I really like what you did with your build. Mine is going fairly similar but looking at yours made me see a stupid choice I made where I can save some points by grabbing the crit nodes in the shadow area instead.

I see that you're running voll's devotion but chose not to grab the extra endurance charge in the templar area. Oddly I haven't either but I can't think of a reason not to as it's free damage for one point. Was there a reason you decided not to get it?
Thanks for the help. I'll def look into the rainbowstiders and a divinarius.

I really like the build. After I grab the last spell crit in the witch starter area I am not sure where I will go. Not that I'll have a lot of points left anyways. I could go up to the mean streak in the top left for more crit strike chance. Actually looking now I'll go for the es cool down recovery. Since we always are up in the mix, having less cooldown would mean we can get up in there a lot more often.

Yeah not sure why I don't have that endurance charge. When I wasn't running the devotion, you don't need it. But now that I have it, I don't really see a reason not to. It would help a lot more when chaining charges between packs.
Thank you for the help firstly.

I am lvl 59 now. My damage is high with this build. But the mana loses fast for using Ice Spear. The mana regeneration of Clarity does not help effectively.
And it is really hard to survive in Merciless when I am playing solo.

My question is:
how to increase the mana regeneration effectively?
when to learn CI is best?(such as the number of ES)
IGN: Astoro
"
winter_cc001 wrote:
Thank you for the help firstly.

I am lvl 59 now. My damage is high with this build. But the mana loses fast for using Ice Spear. The mana regeneration of Clarity does not help effectively.
And it is really hard to survive in Merciless when I am playing solo.

My question is:
how to increase the mana regeneration effectively?
when to learn CI is best?(such as the number of ES)

With a couple of mana regen nodes on the tree, (the 40% one at the witch start and the big mana buff node above the power charge) and 1 or 2 mana regen affixes on items you should be sitting on at least 70+ mana per second which should be enough. Atziri's Foible is a good unique if you are having mana issues. Try and get the other 40% node in the templar area if you can.

As for Chaos Innoc, I got through Merciless with about 1.5k ES but while saying that I did die a lot. I would suggest at least 1.2k-1.5k energy shield BEFORE you swap over. That should bring your total to around 2k afterwards which is enough to get up to docks and start farming for better gear. It's more important to have capped resists though. Elemental damage will kill you 9 times out of 10.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
bowing out
kids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbFE90QKJIw
vs
adults https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzysxHGZCAU
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 business a-blazing but no more t-shirts
Last edited by FullCust on Oct 7, 2014, 9:20:09 PM
having lots of fun with this build!

to anyone considering it,

1) this build is costly to make work well

2) be prepared to die... A LOT

3) Kripp's build sucks

4) please for the love of god, spec into conduit for parties!

I've been rolling with discharge since lvl 35, finally spec'd CI at 55 (A2 merci)

I can maintain the discharge chain almost indefinately as long as I am the one killing the mobs (usually the case)

to solve my mana problems I took the 3 nodes for 25 mana gain on kill. each time I discharge, as long as I kill 3-4 mobs I get all my mana back (no mana leech gem).

Blood rage, voll's devotion, and voll's protector gives me nearly continuous uptime of some type of charge. the only way I run out is if i don't crit twice in a row and don't kill anything in those 2 casts either (very unlikely).

reflect is easy to avoid, but deaths do happen occasionally

Stun is a huge problem as I'm not taking unwavering stance but I find that it is very avoidable with high movespeed and *not* running to the middle of a pack. discharge has just enough range to kill the outliers of a pack and then work my way through the mobs, killing them as i go. If i just run right in I die almost every time.
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
Last edited by demivion on Jul 1, 2013, 11:29:32 AM
"
FullCust wrote:
Is this build viable for someone with decent wealth in onslaught?
Discharge looks so fun - and being able to not dual totem and still ripe/one shot mobs would be so enjoyable.

build is shit for hc dont copy it just some useless critchance critmultiplier stacking

and ppl cry for a discharge nerf that build has zero armor gets stunned all the time isnt balanced at all and dies few times a day on top stacking useless mf ohh wait its scrubcore

btw i have no idea why he leveled the icespear lvl 1 icespear -fastcast-pcoc-gmp/lmp ~22mana 1 crit =5 charges
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Jul 1, 2013, 12:27:32 PM
for creating power charges if prefer:

ice spear
-chain
-gmp

insane mana cost?
no, just dont level ice spear.
yeah your 95% crit chance build looks like DEATH.
Sic Semper Evello Mortem Tyrannis

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info