[3.4] Ascendant Reave/Blade Flurry - Fast Mapping - Easy Bossing - Uber Elder viable.

fun
Last edited by 1nsolus on Apr 17, 2018, 3:00:44 PM
"
1nsolus wrote:
Is the 10-15 exalt budget still an accurate estimate? This is my 1st league so I'm admittedly a huge noob, having only played PoE for a couple months. Currently on BSC, any 350 pDPS weap with 1.9 attacks/sec and 6.5 crit is 8 exalts or more. I understand this isn't a budget build so my main concern is whether or not its a good idea to try this with a 20-30 exalt budget in the current state of BSC. I just don't want to get 1/2 way there and hit a wall.

Right now I'm playing ED trickster on BSC and uber elder is the only boss I've had trouble with. I'm hesitant to spend multiple exalts to move forward with ED. I fell like anything I spend to upgrade my current build seems like it would be better spent elsewhere. Maybe i should lower the my standards for a weapon? But even then, I have no idea what to sacrifice.

10-15 exalts is definitely enough. Just keep an eye out on the foils and keep in mind that: 1) some can be divined rather easily and 2) any of them can be corrupted to 30% quality for an extra 10% increased physical damage. For example I bought my foil when it was 337pdps for 5.5 ex. Then I divined it up to 345 (two divines), and corrupted it to 360pdps. Here it is currently:

Uber elder was also the only thing I had trouble with on my first character, a frost blades raider. Tried the fight TEN times and could not beat it (got very very close).

With this build, I killed him on my first try at level 90 and level 19 gems, 1 day 8 hours /played (including lots of time messing with build, trading, etc). It was INSANELY easy. Only expensive things I use are that foil and a 6L belly. Not even using a watcher's eye at all. A few other things are around 1-2ex. Crafted the offhand myself. Only using cheap 5-10c triple damage mod jewels with no life (look for 30%+ crit multi and then another damage mod). Full uber elder gear (ignore gems, switched back to mapping build):

Great build. Despite having 3M shaper DPS on my 40 exalt glass cannon TS/Barrage Deadeye, I hadn't been able to successfully do Uber Elder (I tried about 15 times and bricked 15 shaper sets....).

Hit level 90 on this, try it for fun with my 330 DPS sword that I got for 3 exalt, hit it with a 30%, and bam. Got there 1st try, 2 portals left (because I was sloppy). Also took out Uber Atz on my second try (I've never done her before, either).

This build probably only cost me 20 exalt max - I think 20 is reasonable for any build to do endgame content. Really great build - thanks for sharing.

Last edited by Semantic on Apr 14, 2018, 11:09:32 PM
Could I get some feedback on my build? I'm only getting around half a million PoB DPS. For such a powerful mechanic, it feels... anaemic. I've cleared all the T16 guardians, and shaper, but not uber elder.

Here is my gear:
Spoiler

Here is my PoB code:
https://pastebin.com/T6Ce6zMZ

What am I doing wrong? I'm following the tree, though I haven't grabbed the Blade Master cluster.

Ignore the Headhunter, it's just something I have.
"
HarryBalzac wrote:
Could I get some feedback on my build? I'm only getting around half a million PoB DPS. For such a powerful mechanic, it feels... anaemic. I've cleared all the T16 guardians, and shaper, but not uber elder.

Here is my gear:
Spoiler

Here is my PoB code:
https://pastebin.com/T6Ce6zMZ

What am I doing wrong? I'm following the tree, though I haven't grabbed the Blade Master cluster.

Ignore the Headhunter, it's just something I have.

1. Those nodes in the middle of the tree are NOT doing you any favors compared to grabbing the sword wheels on the left and right. I just de-allocated all your nodes/jewels in the middle (+15 passive points) and allocated razors edge/blade master/brutal blade (total -12 passive points) and you instantly jumped up to 745k dps, plus 3 more free passives. I took out a 4% life node and added fencing (4 points) and then you're at 820k. That's just all tree, NO gear change whatsoever. Final tree here: https://pastebin.com/hNcuH8FX ---- could be optimized further but I'm just listing simple changes.

2. Your jewels are mostly awful. For example your "grim leer" jewel on the left side gives you a total of 0.6% dps (and 2.7% if you crit recently). A decent jewel should give around 8% dps. If you can't afford gg jewels just buy 10-15c jewels with 30%+ crit multi and attack speed (no life).

Fix your tree, fix your jewels and you'll be over 1m dps already. I didn't even take a look at your gear.
Last edited by baronzo on Apr 16, 2018, 7:50:52 AM
So how are you guys handling the mapping swap to Reave? Do you change all three gems each map to kill the boss, just throw in Reave into the BF links and that's good enough damage to clear the map, or have a second 6 link set up and swap that?
"
1nsolus wrote:
Is the 10-15 exalt budget still an accurate estimate? This is my 1st league so I'm admittedly a huge noob, having only played PoE for a couple months. Currently on BSC, any 350 pDPS weap with 1.9 attacks/sec and 6.5 crit is 8 exalts or more. I understand this isn't a budget build so my main concern is whether or not its a good idea to try this with a 20-30 exalt budget in the current state of BSC. I just don't want to get 1/2 way there and hit a wall.

Right now I'm playing ED trickster on BSC and uber elder is the only boss I've had trouble with. I'm hesitant to spend multiple exalts to move forward with ED. I fell like anything I spend to upgrade my current build seems like it would be better spent elsewhere. Maybe i should lower the my standards for a weapon? But even then, I have no idea what to sacrifice.

*edit*
Tried my hand at crafting my own sword. Learned the hard way that some bases have different base attack speeds...so i ended up with a multi mod 308dps vaal rapier lol. I was sitting there like "wait i got a good ias roll wtf is going on?!" Oh well at least I lernt something.

How many Alts did it take you to hit the % Inc Phys roll? About ~550 in and haven't seen it yet.
"
gibtuck wrote:
So how are you guys handling the mapping swap to Reave? Do you change all three gems each map to kill the boss, just throw in Reave into the BF links and that's good enough damage to clear the map, or have a second 6 link set up and swap that?

for general mapping, no swapping is needed with good gear, just go reave all the way, even t16 map bosses go down very fast. you only really need to swap to blade flurry when doing "real" bosses, ie guardians/shaper/uber elder, so for those just do the 3-gem swap before boss arena
"
YeahErmLuke wrote:
Currently running a champion version of this build, its great, only issue is survivability seems quite low, so I'm tempted to reroll into a scion for slayer leech.

What ascendancies would you pick if you have a Farrul's Fur? Don't think raider is worth it when you have perma frenzy charges anyway so. Thinking either Elementalist, Inquis or Jugg?

I'm running the Farrul's Fur variant of this build, and i went with slayer + elementalist. in PoB elementalist actually beat out inquisitor slightly in terms of shaper dps (mostly the 10% pen instead of 6%), and elementalist has the added benefit of providing ele reflect immunity. so together with slayer, the character is 100% reflect immune
"
Jd009 wrote:
"
YeahErmLuke wrote:
Currently running a champion version of this build, its great, only issue is survivability seems quite low, so I'm tempted to reroll into a scion for slayer leech.

What ascendancies would you pick if you have a Farrul's Fur? Don't think raider is worth it when you have perma frenzy charges anyway so. Thinking either Elementalist, Inquis or Jugg?

I'm running the Farrul's Fur variant of this build, and i went with slayer + elementalist. in PoB elementalist actually beat out inquisitor slightly in terms of shaper dps (mostly the 10% pen instead of 6%), and elementalist has the added benefit of providing ele reflect immunity. so together with slayer, the character is 100% reflect immune

Could I see your POB link for the Farruls version?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info