[3.4] Ascendant Reave/Blade Flurry - Fast Mapping - Easy Bossing - Uber Elder viable.

With the nerf to Statsticks I'm no longer going to update this guide. Yes the build can still work but it's considerably worse.

Why should I play this build?: If you want to clear end game maps and kill every boss in the game with ease, this is the build for you. Reaching up to 80% Life Leeched per second makes you near immune to everything but one shots and a huge life pool to tank those one shots means dying is a thing of the past. With exceptionally high DPS to back it up, all content in the game is doable.

How expensive is this build?: The build isn't cheap and I would recommend you don't dive in without at least 10-15 Exalts.

Have a question?: Either leave a reply here and I'll check when I can or PM me in game. I may not always be able to reply though.

Uber Elder Kill

Gear

Weapons:

Sword:

You're looking for a high physical DPS sword with as high attack speed and crit as you can get.

Something with at least 1.9 attack speed and 6.5 crit is ideal. Multimodded Merciless is a cheap way to get a good sword.

Off-Hand:

You're main stat on your off-hand is any Physical as extra damage mods. Axes work but Sceptres are superior.

You can look for Elemental Penetration, Crit Multi, Accuracy and any % damage increases as well.

Armour:

Helmet:

A rare helmet with an enchant is best in my opinion. High Life, Resists and Accuracy are what you're after here.

Best enchant is Blood Rage attack speed but you can go with Reave enchants if you're focused on mapping and Blade Flurry if you want to boss. Preferable bases are armour based as evasion is wasted with Kaom's Roots.

Body Armour:

Belly of the Beast is the best in slot. You can use a rare Elder chest with high Life and Crit Chance but I would stick with a Belly.

Gloves:

Tombfist with two sockets are BiS but one sockets is fine. You can use a rare if you're struggling with resists.

Boots:

Koam's Roots with a good enchant or +1 Frenzy is BiS but you can use a rare if you want. Kaom's are required for easy Uber Elder kills.

Amulet:

An amulet with a combination or high Intelligence, Accuracy, Physical Damage, Multi and as high Life as you can get is ideal. You will need Int somewhere and this is the easiest place to get it.

And Elder amulet with Non Phys as extra Chaos is insane and along side other good rolls is the best you can get.

Rings:

Steel Rings are the best base but Resist rings are fine. High Life, Phys, Resists and maybe Accuracy is best.

Strength is a stat that is undervalued and gives good damage and life bonuses without pushing prices through the roof so look for it when available.

Belt:

A Stygian Vise with High Life, Resists and WED is what you're after.

If you want to push your leech even further a Elder belt with high Life and Recovery Rate is very good. There's some other good mods like %Life or Melee Damage or Attack Speed during Flask Effect that are also excellent.

Jewels:

Jewels with %Life, Crit Multi and Attack Speed are what you're after.

In the Endgame a Hatred Crit jewel is very good and worth picking up once you can't easily upgrade your other gear.

Flasks:

This is pretty much the best flask set up you can use.

Links

Main Skills:

Either gem swap or use a second Body Armour with Blade Flurry as three gem swaps can be tiring.

Vaal Reave - Multistrike - Melee Physical - Increased Area - Increased Critical Strikes - Damage on Full Life

Blade Flurry - Melee Physical - Conc Effect - Increased Critical Strikes - Damage on Full Life - Maim

Other Skills:

Hatred - Blood Rage - Herald of Ash

Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Blood Magic

CWDT - Immortal Call - Blood Rage

Ancestral Warchief

If you have any extra sockets you can do whatever you prefer.

If you want Power Charges due to low Crit:

Herald of Ice - Curse on Hit - Assassins Mark

Passives

Passives:

104 Points
119 Points

Take Intelligence nodes as needed.

Bandits:

Alira if you need the Resists. If you are Resist capped without Alira then take the Passives.

Lab:

Slayer > Raider > Duelist start.

Pantheon:

Soul of Arakaali for the insane leech rate when Immortal Call procs.

Soul of Ralakesh for the Blind Immunity reduced Bleed damage.

My Gear

Your Gear doesn't need to be nearly this good. I was killing Uber Elder deathless with a 350 pDps sword. Don't copy my links specifically as they are set up in a weird way for Uber Elder slaying.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/rsFTJNCm

Videos

Uber Elder Kill with a blue weapon

Budget kill Uber Elder kill

Won't be doing many videos because of my shitty Australian upload speed.
Last edited by Dalykas on Dec 3, 2018, 9:07:32 PM
Last bumped on Jan 7, 2019, 9:04:58 AM
Love the build man. I modified it somehwhat to try and max the leech cap theme. I'm actually using vitality just for the vit jewel and % recovery from that as well. Probably not needed, but it's fun having 6k leech cap. I also use Kaom's chest to get high enough life. I hope to get closer to 8k once I get to mid 90s.

Here's the PoB if you're interested:)

https://pastebin.com/ExMdq041
Hi , is it possible to play in Jugg or other ascendency? Scion seem have accuracy issue.

Will you recommend scion as league starter ? ( Lab will be an issue right ? )
"
Lov3._.Wong wrote:
Hi , is it possible to play in Jugg or other ascendency? Scion seem have accuracy issue.

Will you recommend scion as league starter ? ( Lab will be an issue right ? )

The build is built around Slayer leech and I think Scion is just superior so no I don't think any other ascendancy would be as good.

I wouldn't start with this, as I said it only feels good with decent investment.
Is there any reason to go ascendant over pure slayer? is it just the frenzy generation and onslaught?
Last edited by robffff on Mar 25, 2018, 4:00:50 AM
"
robffff wrote:
Is there any reason to go ascendant over pure slayer? is it just the frenzy generation and onslaught?

The difference between them is 500k DPS, maintaining frenzy charges UP & Onslaught in a boss combat is very very good for DPS.
Thanks op for a cool build. Is it too late to start a new toon? I just didnt get motivated for the temp league.

Andy
can you post path of building with your current gear?
"
Tai wrote:
"
robffff wrote:

The difference between them is 500k DPS, maintaining frenzy charges UP & Onslaught in a boss combat is very very good for DPS.

Yeah this is where I think Slayer fall short at the moment. They are similar or maybe even Slayer is better for mapping but as far as bossing goes, a lot of Slayer's benefits are lost.
What about using a Scaeva instead of a foil?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info