[3.4] Ascendant Reave/Blade Flurry - Fast Mapping - Easy Bossing - Uber Elder viable.

"
apeksmainman wrote:
what do you think about getting might of the meek and putting it in 2-3 of the jewel sockets around the scion start?

Putting 1 Might of the Meek in the resist jewel socket is very good once you have the level to take all 3 crit multi nodes but the other 2 sockets feel pretty weak to me and 3 stat jewels are much better.
Do you guys think it's still worth going Reave/BF this league when vaal double strike is buffed so much? I'm conflicted, I think it's best to start out with double strike and when I have the gear, I swap to Reave/BF? The skill trees are almost identical anyway.
IGN: Thyranno
Last edited by thyran0 on Jun 7, 2018, 1:37:12 AM
"
thyran0 wrote:
Do you guys think it's still worth going Reave/BF this league when vaal double strike is buffed so much? I'm conflicted, I think it's best to start out with double strike and when I have the gear, I swap to Reave/BF? The skill trees are almost identical anyway.

We do not take Reave because of amazing dps,It has almost same bonus as auto attack,we take it for AOE
So yeah to farm lower tier maps reave is still better.

I have 150k dps with it now and It does clear at acceptable speed under t10,with fantastic gear you can do even higher.

But like you said,you need almost same tree for it,so just test it yourself.

I m no fan of flurry because of swaping,but it is still great boss killer.

If you really want to try something "op" arc traps are quite overtuned now.
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
HI maybe this build can league starter ??
Hey Cake, did you ever try just using the build tree as is and switching over to Jugg? At this point in my gear, I actually think it's smarter to do until I get overall better gear. The defense of it allows you some decent defense, damage, and a lot of accuracy. Unfortunately, this was my league starter as well and I've had about 1/3 of the planned time to play as previous leagues. While I'd love to make another build like an Arc Totem/Trap build and actually get to play one, this is just too much fun to play as well and actually quite a sidestep to the 'normal' builds for me.

If you do try, let me know what you think... Hell, add me ingame so we can chat there. Too many people in here have decided that while the OP made an amazing build guide, the alternatives that OP has offered aren't the best... weird, I know.
any suggestions on which the pieces i should upgrade next? not really sure
Last edited by apeksmainman on Jun 9, 2018, 8:54:28 PM
Jugg works fine, you just lose out on the clearspeed bonus of Raider. You can squeeze an Abyssus in with jugg too, but that isn't really worth it. Jugg, Ele, and Pathfinder all work. I've tried them all and personally I still prefer Raider. I almost never die* and Perma onslaught is too good to pass up for maps for speed junkies like myself. So far this league I've killed all tiers of Elder, Shaper Guardians, and Shaper deathless with only about 7 ex of gear and only a 5L. I'm currently sitting at about 1.1m Shaper DPS. (Last league I was up to around 2.5m with about 40 ex of gear). Uber Elder is next.

* = the only thing I die to occasionally is a souped up Phoenix. I usually bring a Ruby flask but if I forget or he has too many buffs I sometimes eat a death. Usually I just wait until I level then do 20+ Phoenix maps at once to play it safe.

I'm really at a loss on how folks are dying in maps with 6K HP with this tree. You're literally a God. The only things that I can think of are:

A) Not enough damage. This is an offensive kill them before they can hurt you build. We have enough HP to survive a lot of the nasty unavoidable damage/mechanical mistakes then regen it back. If you can't clear the screen of trash almost instantly, you should consider running lower maps until you gear up.

B) Mechanical skill. Don't be fooled into thinking you're a tank. You aren't supposed to be face tanking bosses and huge scary things. Be smart with your positioning/Lion's Roar and you really shouldn't get hit all too often or kill the screen before it gets dangerous. The most dangerous fights are ones with unavoidable/very difficult to dodge damage, like Phoenix, but the vast majority of game mechanics you can avoid with good positioning.

C) Misreading your map rolls and self gibbing on Ele reflect. Happens to the best of us...Sad times.
Last edited by Synercid on Jun 9, 2018, 10:41:51 PM
Since there seems to be doubt I decided record a couple quick videos of my first maps of the night. Been a long day of chasing kids so please excuse the sloppy play, but you can see the build in action:

T14 Plaza: https://youtu.be/oWHQdOk-Q90
T15 Sunken City: https://youtu.be/HVEtpZVLnpU
T16 Temple of Atzoatl: https://youtu.be/Wo8QmVzPXK8

Older Video:

First Incursion Elder (T8) - https://youtu.be/FrJuQvOF-QI

Yes, I have 2 x 5L Belly of the Beast. Cheap and much easier to swap a single piece than gem swapping. #Lazy. If I can ever 6L the one in my stash I'll use it for BF, Reave doesn't need it. And, no, I don't use a flask macro. I've played heavy flask users every league and just natural at this point.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/n43RyYT6
Last edited by Synercid on Jun 10, 2018, 12:22:14 AM
Can we use double strike/vaal double strike instead of bf because it's the same gem set up with reave
^shows the issues perfectly,you are getting reduced to 1k or less on easy rolls TRASH white monsters in gear that is not even league starter unless you wanna argue that 3+ex stat stick 2x 5l belly is league starter that just randomly drops to your hand as you reach act 10
yet you feel safe.We have quite different needs to feel safe I guess.
Something tells me when you do /deaths there will be not 0 glowing up

Now I do not die even in t16,and i instant kill most bosses but not with league starter gear.
I do also double reflect maps just fine.
How did I improve my survival is not important,because it is not related to my previous comment,i simply got expensive gear,that is the whole trick to everything but here are some points:

Spoiler
Big help was using claws with almost same tree (changed just 5 points at right side of tree)

Instead of foil,it is both much cheaper(naturally price does change every minute but atm it is 2ex cheaper for same dps) and more defensive,claw nodes are generally better too.
That 50hp does not look like much but with our 9 attacks per second it is 450hp/s of instant leech per monster any leech rate that is not instant will not save you from reflect.This also allows maps with -60% life recovery so time of rerolling your maps or slacking in groups are over.

My hp is nearly 8k now 25% resist to pd,nothing budget related good roll 6l belly

Can I get better gear? Ofcourse,you too. But now is the game playable with this build,i did not take single claw node yet just dual wield stuff and it is great

My opinion on this guide did not change even a tiny bit,i also do not know why ppl here get so defensive when i point out only that it is not good league starter.

All in all,dominating blow is best,kthxbye
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
Last edited by CAKE on Jun 10, 2018, 1:39:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info