[3.4] Ascendant Reave/Blade Flurry - Fast Mapping - Easy Bossing - Uber Elder viable.

Small tip for people who want some better single target without swapping to BF all the time: Pick up some 4L Spiked Gloves with life/flat phys/attack speed/etc. and throw in your choice of Warchief + Melee Phys + Maim + Vaal Double Strike.

VDS' clones do some great work against tanky rares, Breachlords, Architects, etc. while you're clearing with Reave. They're also a nice burst vs. Uber Elder after the portal phases, assuming it's still early-league and your DPS isn't at the point where you can phase him within a few seconds yet.

As for some cheaper gear alternatives: Belt of the Deceiver is an effective alternative and covers the Intimidate that you'd lose from the lack of Tombfists, and a Carnage Heart unique amulet with 39-40 All Attributes will cover all the Int you'll need to max your Int gems, while providing more damage while leeching, increased leech rate, extra leech and 10-20% all ele resist. You could also go for a +1 max frenzy corrupted version, but then you'd be losing out on 16 valuable Int that you'd need to make up elsewhere.
Nice build, one of the best characters I made so far. I sometimes struggle with Incursions and architects, but I switch to bf and its k. havent tried guardians and shaper tho, but I'm gonna do sooner or later. Can you guys look up on my character (name: PotrzebujeWiecejObrazen), and suggest me what to change to make my build better? Thanks.
I'm using level 7 blood rage with my cwdt and a level 20 that I turn on myself, but it seems like when the level 7 procs from cwdt its overwriting my level 20s attack speed instead of just refreshing it.
"
Hoàng_Lanh wrote:
"
Hoàng_Lanh wrote:
Yup i try to get best gear i could but some how it weak. I just wonder i have done something wrong

I'm realy struggle with shaper now

You have more than enough DPS for Shaper with that gear. In a completely non insulting way, I have to doubt your mechanical skill here. Shaper is a purely mechanical fight and all the damage is avoidable once you learn his moves. You can literally kill him without getting hit once.

I can help teach you the fight if you want just pm me in game. Char name ReavieNicks. But I'd recommend just watching video to learn his mechanics.
"
Shmako wrote:
Small tip for people who want some better single target without swapping to BF all the time: Pick up some 4L Spiked Gloves with life/flat phys/attack speed/etc. and throw in your choice of Warchief + Melee Phys + Maim + Vaal Double Strike.

VDS' clones do some great work against tanky rares, Breachlords, Architects, etc. while you're clearing with Reave. They're also a nice burst vs. Uber Elder after the portal phases, assuming it's still early-league and your DPS isn't at the point where you can phase him within a few seconds yet.

As for some cheaper gear alternatives: Belt of the Deceiver is an effective alternative and covers the Intimidate that you'd lose from the lack of Tombfists, and a Carnage Heart unique amulet with 39-40 All Attributes will cover all the Int you'll need to max your Int gems, while providing more damage while leeching, increased leech rate, extra leech and 10-20% all ele resist. You could also go for a +1 max frenzy corrupted version, but then you'd be losing out on 16 valuable Int that you'd need to make up elsewhere.

I really don't recommend Carnage Heart. No Phys, Multi or Life and adds nothing to leech. The item has been a noob trap since it got buffed and it's exceptionally easy to find a better Amulet. Wearing it only hurts gear progression as taking it off becomes near impossible once you buy gear to accommodate it.

VDS is a good option for single target at the moment and isn't a bad 4 link setup but if you want to have a 4 link for DPS in your gear then putting Blade Flurry in an Elder Helm with Conc Effect and potentially attack crit will be see better results for mapping.
What need i change in my gear for red elder/uelder/shaper? except jewels
https://pastebin.com/6vzjTfXP

i think i am doing something wrong, my dps is seriously lacking behind do you have any idea why?
I've been experimenting with VDS as a main skill in this build for the past few days and with a few changes it's actually quite spicy:

- Drop Herald of Ash for Blasphemy/Vulnerability. HoA is actually quite weak overall IMO. We really only take it because there's nothing else to do with that mana. Vulnerability is decent damage and utility by applying bleeds.

- Swap Tombfist for Haemophilia. The bleedsplosions and bleed utility make this perfect for VDS. Packs literally explode.

- Minor tree changes to fully incorporate both sword wheels. This gives us more bleed chance and some IAS to make up for the loss of Tombfist.

Pros:

- No gem swapping. #Lazy. ***
- Easier high level incursions
- Easier to deal with beefy map rares
- Faster mapping (it's close, but I think this is slightly faster than reave due to killing rares faster.)
- New hotness

*** = you can swap out Ancestral Call for Maim if you need a boost on big boy baddies like guardians etc. I don't do this but this will be gesr dependant.

Cons:

- Less leech. Between clones and bleedsplosions we are simply hitting less than with Reave.
- Less Aoe. Clones make up for most of this but you do need to get closer to packs.
- Not great for Uber Elder

*** Full Disclosure - I have really good gear. I'm not sure how this would perform on a budget. Scion is a very gear dependant class. ***

PoB: https://pastebin.com/FK787fC8

Full Sextant Elder Underground Sea Clears: https://youtu.be/5VLVWGDZ1kw

One thing to note - While I bet I could do Uber Elder with VDS...I still use Blade Flurry. It's just the perfect skill for that fight. VDS can't compete with its ability to dish out massive DPS on demand in tiny windows. Plus the extra leech helps. I just throw a few chromes at my chest and go. Usually only takes 5-10 to get a usable color combo then swap back. The minor tree changes we made don't matter, it still cruises through the fight. No need to mess with perfection...just use Blade Flurry.

After running the spec for a few days now I highly recommend playing around with VDS in this build. It brings a lot to the table, especially in incursions.
Last edited by Synercid on Jun 15, 2018, 6:44:39 AM

Just bought this stat stick with one open prefix. What should I craft in order to get the best dps out of it? Thanks in advance.
del.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info