[3.4] Ascendant Reave/Blade Flurry - Fast Mapping - Easy Bossing - Uber Elder viable.

"
CAKE wrote:
My feedback to this build as league starter
Spoiler

Gear
Spoiler
I m quite unhappy with this build so far as league starter
I never had such issue in easy maps under t10,this build is paper and lacks dps to compensate
I totally believe that with some gg items It is decent build but i m at 6k hp 115all resist and getting just 1 shot by white incursion monsters for there is no layer of defense like dodge or block,my reave is 50k tooltip unbuffed about 100k buffed It is not enought to clear at least trash in maps.

Meanwhile my summoner facetanked shaper with this hp just fine and speedran t15 maps on 4link second day of league

But well,I guess in week or two there will be enought items to buy to make it work.

I did not expect it to be as bad as it is,even considering to buy 100regret orbs and go something else.

Tl;dr I would not recommend It if you are used to doing shaper first 3 days on tight budget.
And yeah that need for at least 15ex to start up with is quite legit.

While the build definitely scales fantastic with currency invested, I feel you are perhaps exaggerating a bit.

Defensively, you have plenty of choices. You can choose to pick up Acrobatics if you're not getting too much Armor from your items, it's 2 points away. You also can pick up extra block nodes or actually use some defensive flasks (Granite, Basalt).

Offensively you can grab better jewels with explicits that apply to your weapon. Elemental flat added doesn't do much when scaling physical. Also, you can gain a lot of effective critical strike chance and make the build feel more "oomphy" by using a crit flask. Some more accuracy will help as well and using an Ancestral Warchief will give more impact on bosses.

All in all, it gives out what you put into it, so it definitely can work as a league starter, although the feel of the build won't be quite the same as with 15ex put into it.
"
CAKE wrote:
Spoiler

Gear
Spoiler
I never had such issue in easy maps under t10,this build is paper and lacks dps to compensate
I totally believe that with some gg items It is decent build but i m at 6k hp 115all resist and getting just 1 shot by white incursion monsters for there is no layer of defense like dodge or block,my reave is 50k tooltip unbuffed about 100k buffed It is not enought to clear at least trash in maps.

Meanwhile my summoner facetanked shaper with this hp just fine and speedran t15 maps on 4link second day of league

But well,I guess in week or two there will be enought items to buy to make it work.

I did not expect it to be as bad as it is,even considering to buy 100regret orbs and go something else.

Tl;dr I would not recommend It if you are used to doing shaper first 3 days on tight budget.

I have to strongly disagree with your assessment of this as a league starter. I beat the game in 13 hours at level 61 (would have been 10-11 if I didn't spend a lot of time experimenting with incursions) with only a handful of deaths (all on a10 kitava because I was underleveled). Smooth classic sunderboi.

I've spent about 4ex total on my current gear (2.5 ex on stat stick, 1.5ex total rest of gear...was using a 10c stick until last night totally fine) and I am currently FLYING through t10 ish maps at warp 9 with zero fear of dying. I did a T8 elder last night deathless. Sure its slower than champion early but so is everything else. The build is absolutely fine as a starter and only needs a good weapon to get going.

Gear:

T8 elder last night deathless:

https://youtu.be/FrJuQvOF-QI

I could have done that unstable phase if I used reave but it was late and I was tired/lazy.

TLDR - This build is abdolutely fine as a starter. It's not as OP as champ early but it's not designed to be, this is an end game farming build. You need to know what youre doing. It sounds like it's more of a l2p issue for the original guy complaining.

Original Complainer - Just looked at your profile and, in a non-insulting way, i dont think you understand the build. You're missing a lot of key things in your gear. Here is what stands out to me:

- Ann's Might isn't good here. A cheap 275 pdps rare will feel way better. I got mine for 12c and crafted another 265 I sold for 10c.

- Your enchant are off. Flat elemental damage does nothing for this build. Flat phys, attack speed, accuracy, WED, are all better choices

- You aren't using any offensive flasks! This is huge. You don't need quicksilver flasks, you should be leap slammming everywhere faster than you can run. ToH is luxury, but Atziri, and Lions roar are both awesome and cheap significant boosts to dps. You only need 1 HP flasks for oh shit moments, preferably a panicked flask of staunching. Having curse removal on your diamond flask is a nice luxury too.

- A cheap 5L Belly will outperform that yuck 6L you have. Reave does fine and cab clear all content on a 5L.

- Jewels should be life %, crit multi, attack speed, and phys damage as priorities.

TLDR 2 - Don't knock a build before you try it properly. Everything I suggested is in the guide itself, you just need to follow it. It's not fair to the creator and can mislead others. I'm happy to answer any questions or help out if the OP isn't around.

Last edited by Synercid on Jun 5, 2018, 7:29:28 AM
"
reagan247 wrote:
I understand more and increased, both their definitions and their application within PoE. Just because I differ from your opinion is no reason for you to go on a tirade. Remember, people play the game differently than you. What I classified as "a lot more damage" is a lot more, but clearly 0 to you. That's fine. It is, I promise. As far as mapping goes, Raider is probably the better choice. I however prefer Jugg, especially for doing Guardians+ content. How about you play your way, I'll play my way, OP will stay have better gear, and this thread is better for having a discussion other players can read. Or, quote me AGAIN and let me know how I'm wrong, AGAIN.

Then I misread you. I thought when you said Endurance Charges give "more damage", you meant more damage while it is increased. I was just pointing out that the damage from Jugg doesn't compare to Raider, even tho you said it does. Yes, I was pointing out that you are wrong because you were.

And I said play what you want mate, not tying to dissuade you. But don't spread misinformation if you can avoid it.
"
Synercid wrote:
"
CAKE wrote:
Spoiler

Gear
Spoiler

I have to strongly disagree with your assessment of this as a league starter. I beat the game in 13 hours at level 61 (would have been 10-11 if I didn't spend a lot of time experimenting with incursions) with only a handful of deaths (all on a10 kitava because I was underleveled). Smooth classic sunderboi.

I've spent about 4ex total on my current gear (2.5 ex on stat stick, 1.5ex total rest of gear...was using a 10c stick until last night totally fine) and I am currently FLYING through t10 ish maps at warp 9 with zero fear of dying. I did a T8 elder last night deathless. Sure its slower than champion early but so is everything else. The build is absolutely fine as a starter and only needs a good weapon to get going.

Gear:

I could have done that unstable phase if I used reave but it was late and I was tired/lazy.

TLDR - This build is abdolutely fine as a starter. It's not as OP as champ early but it's not designed to be, this is an end game farming build. You need to know what youre doing. It sounds like it's more of a l2p issue for the original guy complaining.

Original Complainer - Just looked at your profile and, in a non-insulting way, i dont think you understand the build. You're missing a lot of key things in your gear. Here is what stands out to me:

- Ann's Might isn't good here. A cheap 275 pdps rare will feel way better. I got mine for 12c and crafted another 265 I sold for 10c.

- Your enchant are off. Flat elemental damage does nothing for this build. Flat phys, attack speed, accuracy, WED, are all better choices

- You aren't using any offensive flasks! This is huge. You don't need quicksilver flasks, you should be leap slammming everywhere faster than you can run. ToH is luxury, but Atziri, and Lions roar are both awesome and cheap significant boosts to dps. You only need 1 HP flasks for oh shit moments, preferably a panicked flask of staunching. Having curse removal on your diamond flask is a nice luxury too.

- A cheap 5L Belly will outperform that yuck 6L you have. Reave does fine and cab clear all content on a 5L.

- Jewels should be life %, crit multi, attack speed, and phys damage as priorities.

TLDR 2 - Don't knock a build before you try it properly. Everything I suggested is in the guide itself, you just need to follow it. It's not fair to the creator and can mislead others. I'm happy to answer any questions or help out if the OP isn't around.

No offense but I say this is not good league starter and your solution is to get better(expensive) items.
Spoiler
Whole point of good league starter is NO NEED for items over 1ex for t10+ maping at good speed.
I myself say in my comment that with better items it might work,so what is your point?

I also really,like really doubt you got more dps than me with your current gear,even tho i admit you leap slam quicker. You also got 700hp less on your elder video while claiming how you are not scared of death.Yet you have less armor than me and no extra +max res (so you actually do not have more ehp than me)

I do not wanna flat out say that you lie because It just might be that you did not play good league starter yet. But I can guarantee this is not one and to claim it is could mislead new players.

This is fantastic build with proper gear,just like every flurry build out there
I do not argue It is bad build,I just say it is not good league starter and to tell me to buy 10ex stat stick will prove my point not your.

I've added diamond flask to my build as previous poster suggested and my dps is now quite a bit more relliable with double crit roll. 70% speed quicsilver does just feel so much nicer than lag-slam,but I m prepared to tell them bye when I get proper sword.

I m totally open in suggestions like said flask change. Belly of beast gives me 6500hp from 6050 I already had one 5l it and sold.Dps loss was just too high,i will wait for 6l,also new items do not look like bad alternative

But is pain to roll something decent on it so yeah 6l belly it is
BTW cheap 5l belly is like 45 chaos,while my armor was 3chaos because of its corruption

Pls try to not straw man me on this important difference between GOOD build and GOOD league starter.
No one does claim that for example: this build would be bad with Mirrored gear,legacy kaom including jewels that would give it 150m dps 12khp. Or anything of the sort. I just say same thing that OP said that you should be prepared to spend about 15ex for this build to feel right in late game

I do not know about you,but when I've finished act 10 I had 3 chaos and 10alch orbs. I had to flip quite a bit to afford even the crap that I wear now.I mean sure,one of us can be more lucky and find mirror and then say it is great league starter but it is like telling everyone lottery is good way to earn money. Yeah it might be for one 1 person in billion.

What makes good league starter good is the budget at which it performs well.
Imagine playing this on SSF,that would quickly pull you back to the reality.
While you would struggle to beat t1 map,arc totem user would be already farming shaper.
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
I agree with the last post. I did this as my league starter and rushed to t15 maps. Once you get to t14 you start feeling paper thin even at 6k life. I was playing sunder because it was easier to live at that tier, but now trying to do guardians is near impossible. I regret not running champion tbh. I think I'm going to use the same gear and swap to champion vaal double strike. I tried switching to vaal double strike, and while it is superior in terms of damage, you still die a lot.

Can anyone drip some recommendation before I jump ship
Mirror Service: view-thread/2466500
Ultimate Dex Stacking Guide: view-thread/2466188
"
I agree with the last post. I did this as my league starter and rushed to t15 maps. Once you get to t14 you start feeling paper thin even at 6k life. I was playing sunder because it was easier to live at that tier, but now trying to do guardians is near impossible. I regret not running champion tbh. I think I'm going to use the same gear and swap to champion vaal double strike. I tried switching to vaal double strike, and while it is superior in terms of damage, you still die a lot.

QQ
Spoiler
I just got kicked from the corrupted pit map for getting instantly killed,quite frustrating

Downfall of this build is not bossfight or 3 rare monsters attacking you,but nothing to stop 50ranged rare+magic monsters hitting you at once each doing like 400dmg or more depending on map roll

In Valia map they are also chaos dmg,it is already hard to get items for this build,now they also gotta have chaos resist.

What I do now is try Acrobatics,but to place your survival on 30 to 40% dodge chance is...something I never did It also cost me 15% block and 10% reduction so 40-25%=15% does not sound very good.

I will report back how good or bad it is.

edit:Did corrupted t12 map and only i survived in team.
dodge gives you moment to regen your hp and mitigate pack dmg greatly.
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
Last edited by CAKE on Jun 5, 2018, 7:28:03 PM
"
CAKE wrote:
"

QQ
Spoiler
I just got kicked from the corrupted pit map for getting instantly killed,quite frustrating

Downfall of this build is not bossfight or 3 rare monsters attacking you,but nothing to stop 50ranged rare+magic monsters hitting you at once each doing like 400dmg or more depending on map roll

In Valia map they are also chaos dmg,it is already hard to get items for this build,now they also gotta have chaos resist.

What I do now is try Acrobatics,but to place your survival on 30 to 40% dodge chance is...something I never did It also cost me 15% block and 10% reduction so 40-25%=15% does not sound very good.

I will report back how good or bad it is.

edit:Did corrupted t12 map and only i survived in team.
dodge gives you moment to regen your hp and mitigate pack dmg greatly.

I think I'm just going to take every %armor node and see if that helps
Mirror Service: view-thread/2466500
Ultimate Dex Stacking Guide: view-thread/2466188
"
CAKE wrote:
"
Synercid wrote:
"
CAKE wrote:
Spoiler

Gear
Spoiler

Gear:

No offense but I say this is not good league starter and your solution is to get better(expensive) items.
Spoiler
Whole point of good league starter is NO NEED for items over 1ex for t10+ maping at good speed.
I myself say in my comment that with better items it might work,so what is your point?

I also really,like really doubt you got more dps than me with your current gear,even tho i admit you leap slam quicker. You also got 700hp less on your elder video while claiming how you are not scared of death.Yet you have less armor than me and no extra +max res (so you actually do not have more ehp than me)

I do not wanna flat out say that you lie because It just might be that you did not play good league starter yet. But I can guarantee this is not one and to claim it is could mislead new players.

This is fantastic build with proper gear,just like every flurry build out there
I do not argue It is bad build,I just say it is not good league starter and to tell me to buy 10ex stat stick will prove my point not your.

I've added diamond flask to my build as previous poster suggested and my dps is now quite a bit more relliable with double crit roll. 70% speed quicsilver does just feel so much nicer than lag-slam,but I m prepared to tell them bye when I get proper sword.

I m totally open in suggestions like said flask change. Belly of beast gives me 6500hp from 6050 I already had one 5l it and sold.Dps loss was just too high,i will wait for 6l,also new items do not look like bad alternative

But is pain to roll something decent on it so yeah 6l belly it is
BTW cheap 5l belly is like 45 chaos,while my armor was 3chaos because of its corruption

Pls try to not straw man me on this important difference between GOOD build and GOOD league starter.
No one does claim that for example: this build would be bad with Mirrored gear,legacy kaom including jewels that would give it 150m dps 12khp. Or anything of the sort. I just say same thing that OP said that you should be prepared to spend about 15ex for this build to feel right in late game

I do not know about you,but when I've finished act 10 I had 3 chaos and 10alch orbs. I had to flip quite a bit to afford even the crap that I wear now.I mean sure,one of us can be more lucky and find mirror and then say it is great league starter but it is like telling everyone lottery is good way to earn money. Yeah it might be for one 1 person in billion.

What makes good league starter good is the budget at which it performs well.
Imagine playing this on SSF,that would quickly pull you back to the reality.
While you would struggle to beat t1 map,arc totem user would be already farming shaper.

I haven't really been looking at this thread since the league start. This was never supposed to be a league starter and I think I made that clear enough. With low hp and low DPS you are definitely going to struggle because you will never max out your leech rate. Reave feel especially bad with lower DPS weapons and Ahn's Might is a completely unacceptable weapon and scales like garbage compared to even a mediocre sword.

Your gear in general is just wrong and questioning the build that you aren't following properly seems unreasonable. I've proven in the past that the build is end game viable on a very reasonable budget (Doing Uber Elder on a 5ex budget).
"
Dalykas wrote:
Your gear in general is just wrong and questioning the build that you aren't following properly seems unreasonable. I've proven in the past that the build is end game viable on a very reasonable budget (Doing Uber Elder on a 5ex budget).

@cake - this is exactly what I was trying to say, while giving you tips to fix it. You are bashing the build but have the complete wrong gear...and that isn't fair to the guide.

I agree with guide designer that this isn't an ideal league starter, but I did prove that it's adequate tho. 11-13 hours and 3 deaths to maps is better than most. Clearly it's not for amateurs.

I could absolutely do uber elder with my current gear and yes, im basically invincible in maps all with less than 5ex spent. That's a great budget, nobody said anything about being rich to make it work. All my future investments in this character are for pure luxury.

So, again, nice guide OP. It works and it works extremely well in the right hands.
Last edited by Synercid on Jun 6, 2018, 2:27:13 PM
what do you think about getting might of the meek and putting it in 2-3 of the jewel sockets around the scion start?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info