Map drop rates are broken.

You can look at uber labyrinth drops for that. T1 maps can drop there, but if you've got 100% Atlas bonus, the only map that can drop from mobs is your shaped t1 map.
You can get T1 maps with "the lost maps" prophecy which is pretty (too) common.
"
Is this really an issue for you? Considering you've joined in 2012, you should've been around the time when each high tier map dropped 4-5 low tier (t1-t3) maps per run.

Well, I wasn't always around, took a break or two but to answer the question - no, it wasn't an issue. Up until now. We had so many leagues with so much extra mobs that dropping low tier maps wasn't an issue at all, frankly I've always filtered them. The irony is that I did the same this league and when I hit a brick wall trying to progress (twice btw) I had to un-filter the low tier maps.

The point is that as you've already mentioned - I've been here for a looong time. And my play style, my "routine" hasn't changed in the slightest the last few leagues. I even played SSF when it was introduced and in Harbinger (doesn't count since map sustain in Harb was piece of cake obviously). And I've never been stuck like this. So if I haven't changed my playstyle and how much I play... something else obviously changed. This is not a baseless QQ-ing "waaah-waaah, gimme free lewtz and ez end game", it's actually a legitimate concern that something has gone terribly wrong with this league.

And btw my offered "solution" is not a solution at all. It's just a temporary dirty fix without impacting the game too much before they figure out what the hell did they screw up with this league. This is the first time I had to "buy" my way to progress my atlas. TWICE. And I don't mean "Oh, I missed one T9 map, meh, big deal, let's buy". I mean I had to buy an entire tier, literally every single tier 10 map. And now I have to do this with half the T11 and T12 AGAIN and I already put 100+ hours in two weeks this league. I mean I can understand bad luck from time to time, I can even tolerate the gated content behind ridiculous RNG but this is just absurd.
Last edited by Drakaris on Mar 20, 2018, 8:22:05 AM
"
Drakaris wrote:

And btw my offered "solution" is not a solution at all. It's just a temporary dirty fix without impacting the game too much before they figure out what the hell did they screw up with this league.

There is only one solution that will work. I saw a lot of supporter packs on your account. If you want things to be fixed, new packs should appear if and only if they are fixed. And after things are fixed, not before. As this is only one language developer will understand. Spoiled product - no money. BTW I think they should already feel the difference, because due to drop nerfs there is no need to buy any new stash tabs, including map stashes. Why to bother with expensive map stash if there are no maps to fill it?
Running solo the red map drops seems to be non self sustaining, but playing with a friend it seems to go the other way and we get more than enough for both of us. So people who are running in groups atm will not be spending currency on maps and be getting most of the communities high tier mod rolls and selling the high tier maps. I'm pretty bored spent a fortune getting over 100% bonus on the atlas map drop thing and it hasnt paid off, I feel dissillusioned I thought I would be running reds consistantly by now but GGG seems to want me running yellows with my overpowered character for the next 2 months and it is neither challenging or rewarding.
I just went back to standard to do some cleaning up of the last 3 leagues and came across several tabs full of red maps all chiseled, alched, and ready to run. I nearly exploded in my pants. I took them out the remove-only tabs so I can put them in the Map Stash tab, but I couldn't because they were Atlas of Worlds maps. Goddamnit.
"
Revnaut wrote:
I just went back to standard to do some cleaning up of the last 3 leagues and came across several tabs full of red maps all chiseled, alched, and ready to run. I nearly exploded in my pants. I took them out the remove-only tabs so I can put them in the Map Stash tab, but I couldn't because they were Atlas of Worlds maps. Goddamnit.

Lol

GGG be like
GGG is pretty much the bad kind of DM, that views the PCs as antagonists to their perfect storyline. They've nerfed exp to 100 every patch for like 2 years, and have continued to be against tuning map drops upwards for whatever reason. Harbinger was the most fun I've had in all my years playing PoE, since release, simply because all the content and high maps were actually accessible in a perfectly reasonable fashion.

I understand catering to the more hardcore ARPG players and giving players something to work towards, but there's a point where you've gone too far, and it's not progression, it's RNG gating for the purpose of intentional, grueling tedium, and we've certainly hit that point.
If I ever find an arpg with decent amount of content , that does not gate the end game behind rng, it will be the last day I ever play poe.
"
Spontoo wrote:
Running solo the red map drops seems to be non self sustaining, but playing with a friend it seems to go the other way and we get more than enough for both of us. So people who are running in groups atm will not be spending currency on maps and be getting most of the communities high tier mod rolls and selling the high tier maps. I'm pretty bored spent a fortune getting over 100% bonus on the atlas map drop thing and it hasnt paid off, I feel dissillusioned I thought I would be running reds consistantly by now but GGG seems to want me running yellows with my overpowered character for the next 2 months and it is neither challenging or rewarding.

"Overpowered character" but you haven't completed the uber lab yet? You can't even be ask to put quality on your gear, gems and even your flasks. Most of your rare items can be replaced for 1c on poe.trade. Actually you don't even have capped elemental resistances.

Map drops are not affected by the number of party members btw. You saw more map drops because you got lucky.
Wikilink:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Partying#Maps

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info