Map drop rates are broken.

Yes, I agree 100% with the original post. This game will not last if they FORCE people to trade for maps and cant sustain maps by themselves... GGG loses NOTHING by allowing us to MAINTAIN our OWN map pool.

This game needs to STOP with the endless layers of RNG.. its not fun! I wish I didnt buy a current supporter pack this league, if I knew map drops were non existent I would of saved my money.
I have been struggling to keep my maps up as well. Please adjust.

Edit:. played some more. .. maps are coming in more like i remember. IDK if any changes were made but I feel balanced again. Thank you.. We are good as is.
Last edited by jobobsa on Mar 22, 2018, 4:35:44 AM
"
Yes, I agree 100% with the original post. This game will not last if they FORCE people to trade for maps and cant sustain maps by themselves... GGG loses NOTHING by allowing us to MAINTAIN our OWN map pool.

This game needs to STOP with the endless layers of RNG.. its not fun! I wish I didnt buy a current supporter pack this league, if I knew map drops were non existent I would of saved my money.

frankly i wouuldn't play poe if it had no massive rng. i simply lack the time to dump into winning rewards that have a linear outcome.

it's already a huge setback for players like me that trading requires me to be online.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
yeah might be some misunderstanding of the map bonus.

The +1 means that you can have 100% chance of the tier that rolls to be +1... the tier is still random.

This does mean, however, that once you have 100% chance you can no longer drop Tier 1 maps.

So if you are in a T13 and the game drops a map... Lets say it rolls a Tier 6... this map will now drop as a tier 7.

I am not disagreeing that mapping feels terrible this league... but just clarifying the mechanic.

I know how the mechanic works, sadly I just don't feel it works how it's implied. I also feel it doesn't add anything positive as a reward let alone any incentive to grind out the "reward" anyway.

When I complete the Atlas, higher tier maps should drop. It shouldn't be a question of chance or RNG. It should be a question of sensible game progression. A player should be able to advance and progress through the league, without needing to join a guild, trade or buy maps. Period. Maps are end-game content, when you start locking end-game content behind currency walls, social walls and an even increasing grind wall, players get bored. You're no longer listening to what they want from the game, you're telling them what they should be wanting from the game. Again, I'm going back to other companies who have done this in the past. I'm mainly pointing fingers at Blizzard.

When you dictate how a player plays a game that is designed to be varied and diverse. It's no longer a game that's varied or diverse. Its a linear and forced meta. YOU SHOULD BE PLAYING THE GAME LIKE THIS BECAUSE OUR MECHANICS DICTATE IT.

The prices of Bestiary league are only going HIGHER, map prices have gone UP not down 0.o, this isn't inflation caused by economy fixers, its supply and demand. People are quitting the league, it's that simple.
I'll also add. If there was a way to get my money back from this leagues support, I would be taking it, 100% in full. I feel the overall content added has been a joke, it's very clear it's bad content. It doesn't have a place in the game, it adds nothing new, it doesn't even expand what mapping is. At least in Abyss I had something to do, there were bosses I met at a fairly consistent rate, albeit still a low one (Liches were the most complained about topic in Abyss challenges) I was meeting them. I was getting drops. GGG then changes this, from 1 in 100 maps to 1 in 50, the rest of beasts stay the same? HOW IS THIS AN IMPROVEMENT. IT'S JUST NOT.
Same. It's getting irritating at this point. I don't know how many people have to point this out day after day, how many dozens of threads each day have to be made about this painfully obvious issue before there is some kind of official response from GGG and a damn fix.

And tbh there is a very easy fix to this issue which will not impact negatively any aspect of the game, you don't even need to adjust the map drop rates per se. Just lock the map tier that drops according to the map tier you're currently playing, just like the item level is locked to the map level. The same way you can't get ilvl 86 from a T1 map, just make the same with maps. What the hell is the point of running a T12 and get T3-T4 map "returns"? Oh, I get a lot of "returns" in the form of T2-T5 maps... from T10-12 maps. Because this makes sense, right? If you're running for example a T12, the lowest map drop should be no lower than T10, simple as that. You can get a map up to two tiers lower and up to two tiers higher, I mean c'mon people, how hard it is to see that, it's not rocket science. What the hell is that bullshit to get retarded Alleyways from frigging Racecourse...

Oh, and btw, inb4 some no-lifer elitist jerk starts yapping "B-b-but muh economy and playur interacshun!" - I don't care about your F-ing economy. If I wanted to play a trade and economic simulator, I'll be playing a Tycoon game, Anno or Capitalism, not PoE. Last I checked I'm playing an "action" RPG which implies... you know... "action". And there's not much "action" involved in spending half my time alt-tabbed on some piss poor 3rd party website buying my way through a ridiculous RNG... Frankly, this "we cannot change X because it will hurt "muh economy", hurr-durr" attitude from some players who spent 25/8 playing the game and especially from GGG devs is getting on my nerves. You better wake the F up and finally realize that this is not a damn trade simulator but an "action" RPG, emphasis on the "ACTION" part and stop catering to the 0,1% who spent 90% of their time on the stupid poe.trade. By not hurting your precious economy (which is temporary anyway) you're hurting the vast majority of your players. When playing a game the reward should be "fun" not "frustration".
"
Drakaris wrote:

And tbh there is a very easy fix to this issue which will not impact negatively any aspect of the game, you don't even need to adjust the map drop rates per se. Just lock the map tier that drops according to the map tier you're currently playing, just like the item level is locked to the map level. The same way you can't get ilvl 86 from a T1 map, just make the same with maps. What the hell is the point of running a T12 and get T3-T4 map "returns"? Oh, I get a lot of "returns" in the form of T2-T5 maps... from T10-12 maps. Because this makes sense, right? If you're running for example a T12, the lowest map drop should be no lower than T10, simple as that. You can get a map up to two tiers lower and up to two tiers higher, I mean c'mon people, how hard it is to see that, it's not rocket science. What the hell is that bullshit to get retarded Alleyways from frigging Racecourse...

I will disagree with this part a little bit.
You should get low Tiers maps as well (they are good for 2nd, 3d... play through) BUT you should also get the same or higher map at the same time with close to 100% chance.

What we see now is a bullshit.
People atarted complaining from the start but GGG does not care. It is like they are living in their own worled.

I stopped playing this league 10 days ago, and now I am glad that I saved myself from this frustration with pointless goals amd mechanic of this league.
Can't relate. Anymore. Had the shittiest RNG from the start of the league up till a few days ago, barely any map returns and a lot of currency drained on getting Atlas filled. Now, I've donated all my whites and yellows to guild because I can't drop down from reds anymore :o

"
Drakaris wrote:

Is this really an issue for you? Considering you've joined in 2012, you should've been around the time when each high tier map dropped 4-5 low tier (t1-t3) maps per run.
"
MaxGor31 wrote:
"
Marxone wrote:
Map drops are at "std" level since there are no extra creeps which could drop maps.

There's a thread on reddit with tests of drop from white mobs. And the results show that white mobs hardly drop stuff at all, guys even with ~300% IQ in maps with ~50-70% IQ got overhelmingly small amount of drop from white mobs.

So the reason may be much deeper than just abscence of extra mobs. It seems white mobs drop was drastically silent-nerfed, thus we got less maps/surrency/everything this league.

Edit.

Guys, you misunderstand atlas completion bonus. It's not absolute chance to get map +1, it's % increase to chance of getting it.

For example you have 1% of rolling +1 map, with 100 atlas bonus it becomes 1% + 1% = 2%. That's all.

I thought all 100% meant was that you would never see a tier 1 map drop.
"
Xtorma wrote:
"
MaxGor31 wrote:

Guys, you misunderstand atlas completion bonus. It's not absolute chance to get map +1, it's % increase to chance of getting it.

For example you have 1% of rolling +1 map, with 100 atlas bonus it becomes 1% + 1% = 2%. That's all.

I thought all 100% meant was that you would never see a tier 1 map drop.

It seems I was wrong. On Wiki it says that atlas bonus is actuay base chance to roll +1 so on 100+ tier 1 never should drop.

Idk if it's true, but in abyss being 100+ in atlas i can't recall tier 1 drops neither can i confirm they didn't drop, but i was playing reds so i didn't expect them to.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info