Map drop rates are broken.

Hey its a feedback section, heres some feedback. Map drop rates last league were awful. Map drop rates this league feel completely utterly broken. 9c for a shaped shore map. If you ever make returns on these maps, please leave a detailed view of the contents. Red maps are now completely behind a currency wall, I understand it's probably designed with the intention of encouraging people to trade, but it's ruining my experience. So here is my individual perspective, if anyone from GGG cares to hear it.

I like mapping. Mapping is the only reason I play poe. I also like to play solo, something which has been perfectly fine for many years, something which has for apparently zero reason changed dramatically. You cannot maintain red map drops solo anymore. What makes it more frustrating is the map bonus doesn't seem to make any sense either... 100% chance to drop 1 tier higher? This never happens... almost constantly the maps dropping are two tiers lower or even more common 3+ tiers lower than what I'm actually running. There is such a thing as PROGRESSION, e.g. Going from 1 power tier to another power 2 should warrant a feeling of progress. This is perfectly common place up until tier 10, where all the maps in the game seem to drop frequently. Even here, collecting 3 of the same map vs the RNG of finding them is usually quite difficult unless you're prepared to give more time to playing, which I usually do. Even then, you more often than not only collect 3 or sometimes 6 of the same map, this means 1-2 red maps. OH BOY I'M EXCITED!!! I'VE BANKED UP TWO WHOLE MAPS!!!

I also feel very strongly that there should be such a thing as CHOICE in path of exile, something which the game was founded on. This is a feeling that has become smaller and smaller for me as a player during recent updates to the game. No longer do I feel like I have a choice, I feel like I am being FORCED to play a certain way, a way that is dictated by GGG, let me tell you one thing now.

I STOPPED PLAYING DIABLO 3 AND ANY BLIZZARD GAME FUTURE OR PAST BECAUSE THEY FORCED THINGS ON ME. So did MANY other players.

I run a guild, the activity this league stopped in the first week. Not in the second or third, or forth or even 2 months into the league.. in the first WEEK. It hasn't changed, recruiting has been completely dead. People aren't interested. Patches to the game havn't changed this either, people are losing interest.

The forum will likely react by saying "K-bye!" whatever, *drops cup of F's on floor* but I'm telling you now as someone who cares about the direction this game is going, this game is going to fail miserably and horribly if it doesn't address major issues the game and the current league has.

Ultimately I feel that people should have a choice whether they trade with other players or not. I shouldn't be forced to download things like mercury trade to manage the shitstorm of messages sent back and forth to trade maps. Players should not be forced to spend money they get from drops on maps to keep running them. It creates a greater and greater disparity between the 1% and the rest of the player base. I've heard nothing but "Well i'm running lab this league" from people in my Guild, its insane. The average price of a red map has jumped from 1c to 6-9c over a course of two leagues. Map drop rates were one of the main forum topics during Abyss league, a problem that wasn't even mentioned during the 3.2 launch.

Fair enough, you don't want me to run 100000000000x of the same map, that's OK!!! I UNDERSTAND! JUST LET ME RUN RED MAPS IN GENERAL 0.o or AT all.
Last bumped on Aug 15, 2018, 7:06:50 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Map drops are at "std" level since there are no extra creeps which could drop maps.

No piñata = no fun

Without major skill balancing or item balancing, there's nothing interesting with this league so it could be one of the factors why you are not motivated to grind.

(personally tried the rewamped traps, and there's nothing left to try)
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Marxone wrote:
Map drops are at "std" level since there are no extra creeps which could drop maps.

No piñata = no fun

Without major skill balancing or item balancing, there's nothing interesting with this league so it could be one of the factors why you are not motivated to grind.

(personally tried the rewamped traps, and there's nothing left to try)

Map drops are not "standard". My friend who has not give up pokemon league yet completed atlas at 120/157. It means on T12 map he should have guaranteed at least T13 drop when it comes to maps. Instead of that his drops oscillate within limits T3 - T7 and he is forced to buy any higher then T10 from market, despite "guaranteed" +1 tier drops as a "reward" for 100 completed maps. BTW, this last thing doesn't work apparently.
"
Marxone wrote:

There's a thread on reddit with tests of drop from white mobs. And the results show that white mobs hardly drop stuff at all, guys even with ~300% IQ in maps with ~50-70% IQ got overhelmingly small amount of drop from white mobs.

So the reason may be much deeper than just abscence of extra mobs. It seems white mobs drop was drastically silent-nerfed, thus we got less maps/surrency/everything this league.

Edit.

Guys, you misunderstand atlas completion bonus. It's not absolute chance to get map +1, it's % increase to chance of getting it.

For example you have 1% of rolling +1 map, with 100 atlas bonus it becomes 1% + 1% = 2%. That's all.
Last edited by MaxGor31 on Mar 19, 2018, 7:07:18 AM
Atlas bonus starts visibly kicking in after 140 or so completions.
just chisel and alch your maps earlier than t10.

it sounds like ggg wants to drain currency at the top end to lower item prices.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Developers probably decided to nerf map drops to the ground due to “harbinger” possibility after levelling Zana to level 8. They just forgot that Zana still has freaking 1,5 M exp. to level 8 and with such low league popularity there are really few people, who are able to generate horizons or harbingers orbs. So now most of playerbase stuck on yellow maps and will eventually leave the league, rather soon then later. Which will result in even less supply with maps or orbs to create them. And it is only after 2 weeks of the new league! I’am convinced, that GGG will feel it in wallet very soon and this trend will continue, as players will be now very cautious with “supporter packs”.
"
Atlas bonus starts visibly kicking in after 140 or so completions.

I know what you mean but the atlas bonus dosent really give you more map drops, If a map drops them it does something
Only a dumbass pays for a F2P game.
yeah might be some misunderstanding of the map bonus.

The +1 means that you can have 100% chance of the tier that rolls to be +1... the tier is still random.

This does mean, however, that once you have 100% chance you can no longer drop Tier 1 maps.

So if you are in a T13 and the game drops a map... Lets say it rolls a Tier 6... this map will now drop as a tier 7.

I am not disagreeing that mapping feels terrible this league... but just clarifying the mechanic.
"
Developers probably decided to nerf map drops to the ground due to “harbinger” possibility after levelling Zana to level 8. They just forgot that Zana still has freaking 1,5 M exp. to level 8 and with such low league popularity there are really few people, who are able to generate horizons or harbingers orbs. So now most of playerbase stuck on yellow maps and will eventually leave the league, rather soon then later. Which will result in even less supply with maps or orbs to create them. And it is only after 2 weeks of the new league! I’am convinced, that GGG will feel it in wallet very soon and this trend will continue, as players will be now very cautious with “supporter packs”.

good explanation regarding map drops. it's likely the harbinger effect they're preparing.

if only people having fun support poe i wonder why ggg is hiding the fun parts in areas you can't really get to with a fulltime job.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info