Map drop rates are broken.

Literally just asked for a full refund for my bestiary support pack. This league has killed Path of Exile for me entirely.
+1
Lvl 92, 122 completed. Consistently getting maps 5 tiers below the map I'm doing. Pretty much cleaned out my currency trying to buy maps. Im now down to Tier 11's which give very little XP at this lvl so chances of levelling much further are knackered.

Doesn't make sense, release an expansion then flatline the chances of getting to alot of it. The leagues are limited for time so you would think you would make more drop so everyone gets a taste of the fun, then adjust from there when it gets moved to standard.

I'm sure the top 1% of players will disagree, there's probably some trick to getting the drops alot of us are missing. It is starting to feel more and more like the game is developed around the ones that can excel at the game e.g. the XP to 100 nerf, I watch some of the streamers sometimes and they seem to get way more drops of everything.
My hovercraft is full of eels.
"
Moose_Q wrote:
+1
Lvl 92, 122 completed. Consistently getting maps 5 tiers below the map I'm doing. Pretty much cleaned out my currency trying to buy maps. Im now down to Tier 11's which give very little XP at this lvl so chances of levelling much further are knackered.

Doesn't make sense, release an expansion then flatline the chances of getting to alot of it. The leagues are limited for time so you would think you would make more drop so everyone gets a taste of the fun, then adjust from there when it gets moved to standard.

I'm sure the top 1% of players will disagree, there's probably some trick to getting the drops alot of us are missing. It is starting to feel more and more like the game is developed around the ones that can excel at the game e.g. the XP to 100 nerf, I watch some of the streamers sometimes and they seem to get way more drops of everything.

Same here. I'm just about to hang it up this league. I have not bought any maps just to see how far I could get in the atlas solo. And at lvl 90 There are still a few white and yellow map's that never dropped for me. As for red's less than that. the only two ive gotten are promenade and another I cant recall which one. I keep getting those 2 over and over.

I dont like it seems slow and tedious at this point, just my feedback.

Last edited by EntityTwenty on Mar 21, 2018, 8:31:36 PM
For the first time (and really hope it's the last time), GGG I want my money back for the 2 support packs for this league, not to mention all the GD boxes. Mainly play solo and have to buy maps from white, yellow and red tiers. Lv 92 with 110 plus on alta, map drop still totally disgusting. Guess my wife will stay with me this league.
Agree with poster, i like solo'ing, and it's hard to complete the atlas solo, and even harder without buying maps, i alch and chisel often, but hardly get the maps i need, i even don't get enough of the lower tier to grind that 1 for the tier that comes after that map.

To be honest, mapping is endgame, maps should be abundant on all tiers. Maybe make some maps more rare then others, but make sure people can at least grind the tier they can/want or need.
and there i just did a test

2 sets of 3 t11(shaped atol) and 3 t12 maps (defiled cathedral)

i alched them, chiseled 3 for t11 and 4 for t12, used like 2 chaos to reroll temp chains and phys reflect (spec shield throw)

applied sextants (2 white, 2 yellow, 4 red) and discounting white and yellow maps this is got from TWO maps alone

i know that ill read 'but standard!' 'but small sample!' 'but youve invested into rolling maps!' etc excuses

truth that hurts is - bosses drop maps. they do not drop them like crazy but they do drop them. chests drop maps. mobs people leave behind drop maps. rolling maps, using frags, sextants - these all make quantity go crazy high (i run with exactly zero quant, not that it matters for maps)

then you have prophecies (bosses drop a map, tempests (these are GREAT!) etc

you need to buy maps from people? and these people did what to get them?

stuff that anyone can get has no value. get better, understand the game you play better, youll get better things

wealth cannot be obtained by begging for it. wealth comes from investment. be ready to use currency - youll be fine. maping is a CURRENCY SINK by design. and at least it works as such. you all should be thankfull as this is the only thing that assures things have any value whatsoever. without it - inflation would make 99.9% items worth NOTHNG and remaining .1% traded in dullurs
"
sidtherat wrote:
and there i just did a test

2 sets of 3 t11(shaped atol) and 3 t12 maps (defiled cathedral)

i alched them, chiseled 3 for t11 and 4 for t12, used like 2 chaos to reroll temp chains and phys reflect (spec shield throw)

applied sextants (2 white, 2 yellow, 4 red) and discounting white and yellow maps this is got from TWO maps alone

i know that ill read 'but standard!' 'but small sample!' 'but youve invested into rolling maps!' etc excuses

truth that hurts is - bosses drop maps. they do not drop them like crazy but they do drop them. chests drop maps. mobs people leave behind drop maps. rolling maps, using frags, sextants - these all make quantity go crazy high (i run with exactly zero quant, not that it matters for maps)

then you have prophecies (bosses drop a map, tempests (these are GREAT!) etc

you need to buy maps from people? and these people did what to get them?

stuff that anyone can get has no value. get better, understand the game you play better, youll get better things

wealth cannot be obtained by begging for it. wealth comes from investment. be ready to use currency - youll be fine. maping is a CURRENCY SINK by design. and at least it works as such. you all should be thankfull as this is the only thing that assures things have any value whatsoever. without it - inflation would make 99.9% items worth NOTHNG and remaining .1% traded in dullurs

you just talking non sense lol maps from standard you really that noob?
Only a dumbass pays for a F2P game.
i think youve ommited the content. content of your post. mind bringing it back for us to read?

or were you just babbling?
"
Xtorma wrote:
If I ever find an arpg with decent amount of content , that does not gate the end game behind rng, it will be the last day I ever play poe.

This.

Endgame content should NOT be gated behind RNG and boring farming. It should be gated behind DIFFICULTY, so you should have a proper amount of skill, knowledge and good items.
But as long as you have all that and can withstand all shit the endgame content throws at you, you should NOT be forced to repetively farm easy, boring and unrewarding lower-level content just to get your occasional access to "endgame".
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Xtorma wrote:
If I ever find an arpg with decent amount of content , that does not gate the end game behind rng, it will be the last day I ever play poe.

This.

Endgame content should NOT be gated behind RNG and boring farming. It should be gated behind DIFFICULTY, so you should have a proper amount of skill, knowledge and good items.
But as long as you have all that and can withstand all shit the endgame content throws at you, you should NOT be forced to repetively farm easy, boring and unrewarding lower-level content just to get your occasional access to "endgame".

skill - there is VERY little skill in POE. once it gets added - people riot (lab). arpgs are games for clay bricks with two left hands. there is very little mechanical skill needed. this wont change because the core audience a) does not want this type of thing b) wouldnt be able to cope with it

knowledge - how to sustain maps is actually a pretty good piece of knowledge (how many of you just burn Tempests from prophecies on any leveling area? how many of you actualy USE prophecies at all?). same with sextants. these work THE SAME way as in 3.1 and 3.0. 4 sextants actually pretty much double the mob count in map. but you cannot use that with 'one shaped map pseudo-strategy'? oh, tough life is it?

items - trading. inflation and trading made 'enough' items cost almost nothing. same with 'good builds' - some builds just need nothing to clear everything (it doesnt make people using said builds good btw)

game is too easy right now. there is no effective difference between T1 and T10 maps (except for mod pool). people can 'farm' using 3900 hp windripper builds. something that should not ever be possible

but balance is a joke for more than few months now and unless ggg replaces their balance team and actually make an effort to fix some idiotic aspects of balance - there wont be any difficulty in the game except for random 'you die moments' and 'cheeze builds' that make everything else redundant

note: (i do not like it but still) poe is a trading game. deal with it. currency can and should be used to buy maps and be invested into maps. i know it hurts but.. deal with it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info