3.8 New Queens Escape + Baron - super fast physical skeletons + zombies

Howdy Sighlight!

I'm not playing this build, so I can't say what changes are relevant to 3.7.
- Haven't tested pride, or the maim aura
- Haven't tried the armour nodes on the tree
- Haven't seen how skellies and zombies go vs legions

I have still been fooling around with summoners, and have found that this tree gets more life and life regen, and doesn't give up much damage:

https://pastebin.com/eEDL5duv

I've also notice that 6 link queens escapes are 50 chaos, making this build exceptionally cheap now.

I've been playing around with chieftan ascendency, and found that there are a few potentially viable builds with really high life, armour and life regen. Unfortunately, they use totems, and they lack minion speed which makes them not so fun.

I've also found skelly mages are a nice way to be somewhere else if you are waking up all the legions, but as usual, they lack the scaling for damage, and the crazy legion damage still oneshots even with so much investment into defence. Still, this is a nice playstyle:

Amazing range, nice chance to block, easy clears, safe positioning, cheapish (2 ex for 6 link lioneyes remores)
https://pastebin.com/xJsxWKtK
"
grimlock9999 wrote:
Howdy Sighlight!

I'm not playing this build, so I can't say what changes are relevant to 3.7.
- Haven't tested pride, or the maim aura
- Haven't tried the armour nodes on the tree
- Haven't seen how skellies and zombies go vs legions

I have still been fooling around with summoners, and have found that this tree gets more life and life regen, and doesn't give up much damage:

https://pastebin.com/eEDL5duv

I've also notice that 6 link queens escapes are 50 chaos, making this build exceptionally cheap now.

I've been playing around with chieftan ascendency, and found that there are a few potentially viable builds with really high life, armour and life regen. Unfortunately, they use totems, and they lack minion speed which makes them not so fun.

I've also found skelly mages are a nice way to be somewhere else if you are waking up all the legions, but as usual, they lack the scaling for damage, and the crazy legion damage still oneshots even with so much investment into defence. Still, this is a nice playstyle:

Amazing range, nice chance to block, easy clears, safe positioning, cheapish (2 ex for 6 link lioneyes remores)
https://pastebin.com/xJsxWKtK

you are a legend sir. thank you! please let us know if you experiment more with this build in 3.7!
Just beat uber elder deathless returning to this build.

In terms of changes I went with. Purity of Elements + Precision + Dread Banner + Aspect of the Spider for auras. Can swap precision and dread banner for enfeeble when you're feeling scared. But curses are useless on endgame bosses so I swapped off. Ideally have two white two blue sockets in boots I guess.

And the ole temple staff with paragon's switch meant I hopped up to death attunement on the passive tree to have both power and frenzy charge apes. Doesn't cost too much life.

Haven't finished crafting my staff because unveiling sucks but the dream is paragon's plus citaqualotl as the only prefixes. One free suffix slot (res for this build is nice, or str) Then multimod for minion attack and craft speed (regular veiled suffix, not too rare) and catarina's +2 sockets for support gems. (Massive pain)

Unfortunately that means you're going to have to annul so it is a bit of a pipe dream given how rare the starting combo is. But absolutely massive power creep for single target.

I beat uber with just the attack speed mod. No catarina's. Still keep queen's escape on weapon swap for map clear. It could be okay to just swap empower and melee splash with a staff but queen's escape just has that juicy movement speed.

Character: Skelilytons on LSC.

~~~~

This build and legion:

Pretty hype you can pop vaal skellies (only like 30c for 21/23 vaal skellies btw) when you open the monolith and it'll be back up 15s later.

Legion monoliths are the only thing that regularly destroy my zombies outside of uber/shaper. Easiest encounters to die in etc. I think it's just the league because it's so many rares at once and their aoe is massive.

Builds great at the timeless conflict though. Just run around and assasinate the bosses. Vaal skellies is up regularly. I've only done up to the 4-way fight I might try finish a staff before trying 5 way. I do it with the single target setup (temple staff + empower)

~~~~

Ty again grimlock. I do love playing this build.
Did you make any changes to the skill tree? I have a similar build to yours. I want to play this build for mapping and killing map bosses. Is it still a strong build for that?
"
Jathura wrote:
Just beat uber elder deathless returning to this build.

In terms of changes I went with. Purity of Elements + Precision + Dread Banner + Aspect of the Spider for auras. Can swap precision and dread banner for enfeeble when you're feeling scared. But curses are useless on endgame bosses so I swapped off. Ideally have two white two blue sockets in boots I guess.

And the ole temple staff with paragon's switch meant I hopped up to death attunement on the passive tree to have both power and frenzy charge apes. Doesn't cost too much life.

Haven't finished crafting my staff because unveiling sucks but the dream is paragon's plus citaqualotl as the only prefixes. One free suffix slot (res for this build is nice, or str) Then multimod for minion attack and craft speed (regular veiled suffix, not too rare) and catarina's +2 sockets for support gems. (Massive pain)

Unfortunately that means you're going to have to annul so it is a bit of a pipe dream given how rare the starting combo is. But absolutely massive power creep for single target.

I beat uber with just the attack speed mod. No catarina's. Still keep queen's escape on weapon swap for map clear. It could be okay to just swap empower and melee splash with a staff but queen's escape just has that juicy movement speed.

Character: Skelilytons on LSC.

~~~~

This build and legion:

Pretty hype you can pop vaal skellies (only like 30c for 21/23 vaal skellies btw) when you open the monolith and it'll be back up 15s later.

Legion monoliths are the only thing that regularly destroy my zombies outside of uber/shaper. Easiest encounters to die in etc. I think it's just the league because it's so many rares at once and their aoe is massive.

Builds great at the timeless conflict though. Just run around and assasinate the bosses. Vaal skellies is up regularly. I've only done up to the 4-way fight I might try finish a staff before trying 5 way. I do it with the single target setup (temple staff + empower)

~~~~

Did you make any changes to the skill tree? I have a similar build to yours. I want to play this build for mapping and killing map bosses. Is it still a strong build for that?
Sorry but im some kind of new to the game, but why are so many necromancer don’t use nodes like “grave intention” or “righteous army”? I thought they were mandatory for enough minion life and damage.

In addition many players skill right done to the duelist tree for things like “bravery” and “master of the arena”. Don’t you miss a lot more minion nodes when you take this route?

grimlock9999 postet his initial build with “Tn_Sylar MoM version: https://pastebin.com/M5PG4mcw”

Some posts ago he said:

“I have still been fooling around with summoners, and have found that this tree gets more life and life regen, and doesn't give up much damage:

https://pastebin.com/eEDL5duv “

I don’t get it. If I read the data from POB I notice that his “updated” build has way less minion damage. Isnt this a Problem? Am I missing something?

Sorry for my noob questions, but I really wish to play a relaxed minion build focused on zombies and skeletons.
"

Yo that's why I named the character name. Go to https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jathura/characters and look at Skelilytons. Let's you look at the gear and passive tree. I mean look at my gear it's pretty average because I cbf trading too much and I've cleared uber elder and 5-way timeless conflict.

"
Sorry but im some kind of new to the game, but why are so many necromancer don’t use nodes like “grave intention” or “righteous army”? I thought they were mandatory for enough minion life and damage.

The build doesn't really struggle with minion damage or minion survivability in any way that those nodes would help with. However grabbing more life nodes and strength nodes gives survivability, which is great. Given that the build stacks strength for the Baron we don't even mind all that pathing along stat nodes.
"

Thank you, I put your advice on the first page for anyone playing in 3.7!

"
In terms of changes I went with. Purity of Elements + Precision + Dread Banner + Aspect of the Spider for auras. Can swap precision and dread banner for enfeeble when you're feeling scared. But curses are useless on endgame bosses so I swapped off.

I don't understand how precision helps? It can't help the skeletons, they can't miss. The zombies should be slamming all the time so they won't miss either.

Also, surely you notice a difference with enfeeble? Enfeeble keeps slow witted folks like me alive while they aren't paying attention!
Yes curses are less effective on bosses, but a flat 15% less modifier synergises well with things like the flat reduction from zombies. Also the reduced accuracy works well with dread banner.
"

.... many players skill right done to the duelist tree for things like “bravery” and “master of the arena”. Don’t you miss a lot more minion nodes when you take this route?

As Jathura said, we like the strength from the pathing, and the life is useful.
These nodes are just really good for quality of life. Defences are super important late game, and that little section gives strength, life regen, armour, evasion, flat life and a jewel slot.

"
grimlock9999 postet his initial build with “Tn_Sylar MoM version: https://pastebin.com/M5PG4mcw”

This is a build variation that someone else name In_Sylar made using 'Mind over matter' (MoM), which is a defensive layer that allows your mana pool to take damage. It's just an option for people to try, it's not included in the main guide. In_sylar's version has more damage because they use better gear and give up some defences compared to the version in the main guide.

"
Some posts ago he said: “I have still been fooling around with summoners, and have found that this tree gets more life and life regen, and doesn't give up much damage:

https://pastebin.com/eEDL5duv “

I don’t get it. If I read the data from POB I notice that his “updated” build has way less minion damage. Isnt this a Problem? Am I missing something?

This pastebin is a much closer version of the main guide, I just tweaked the pathing on the tree to give up some damage and gain some more life regen, which I personally like. The lower minion damage on tooltips is not a problem at all - the lower damage version has more 'effective damage', is cheaper, has to dodge less and has way more movement speed, so it is (in my opinion) a much better version!

On page one I explain my reasons why minion move speed is often better for 'effective damage' than high tooltip damage.

"
Sorry for my noob questions, but I really wish to play a relaxed minion build focused on zombies and skeletons.

No sweat, your questions are insightful!
I also like to play relaxed minion builds, so here are some more suggestions that are not as powerful as physical minions, but still fun:

Lots of Block!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2583410

ridiculous regen.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2332595

phantasms are the best for relaxed mapping
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2253282

projectile weakness is an amazing defence:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2228787
"
I don't understand how precision helps? It can't help the skeletons, they can't miss. The zombies should be slamming all the time so they won't miss either.

Derp, I confused myself from playing other characters and the accuracy allowing to bypass 95% chance to hit change. I'm going to try switch to Pride or War Banner or Flesh and Stone then.

"
Also, surely you notice a difference with enfeeble? Enfeeble keeps slow witted folks like me alive while they aren't paying attention!

Ah I didn't notice a difference in killing uber/shaper where I think it's mostly about mechanics. Then having more damage makes meeting mechanics much easier.

The only other time I've felt in danger this league is high tier legion when I pop every mob in a space they can all attack me at once. It's such a ridiculous amount of damage that Enfeeble doesn't help. It's the only place I've lost my animated guardian and it melted instantly in that one.

I don't die in maps otherwise so I'm just looking to amp the damage for more fun ^^.

Side note just need to link this staff and it's done.

Last edited by Jathura on Jul 11, 2019, 3:26:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info