3.8 New Queens Escape + Baron - super fast physical skeletons + zombies

Greetings,

The level 25 spectres will be "easy" with a +1 level of all minions skill gems + Baron + ascendancy.

Last league I experimented and ended up with that: https://pastebin.com/g5FgEnYT

(Do not mind the 15% mana reservation on the shield, I experimented with it. It is not useful for the final stage).

Without the staff minions speed was more than ok and the extra 700 life at the end from thew shield + the 24% block chance made the toon very tough. I used vulnerability instead of enfeeble. (I know in 3.9 I will have to switch back now.) I replaced IC by molten shell, It felt tougher. I got lucky and got 2 ok+ unset rings, I used tempest shield for the extra block chance,

I did a back of the envelop calculation and replacing the support gems with empowered gems will give a 8% more dmg than 3.8:

Empowered -->
blasphemy
Brutality
Melee physical damage
Minion damage
Spell echo

Summons skeletons will be supported completely with empowered gems (4-link)
Raise spectre will be supported by 2 empowered
Zombies will be supported by 3 empowered

If the monsters armour is too much of a pain, I will try to go fire. With
the "life tree" I used, I am 4 nodes away from lava lash, 4 from divine judgement and 5 from heart of flame. It would be bummer because it would cost about 1700 lifes. Also Awakened added fire damage +1 to fire gems would not be useful...oh well, let's hope we will be able to stay physical.

I am open to any comment, suggestion and encouragements!!!!! :)

Thank you
Greetings,

One question that just popped in my mind: Would it be better to have Vaal Skeletons in the 6 link than Zombies now?

If (and it is a big IF) I can put my hand on a pair of gloves with blind and faster attack supported, I plan to put the skeletons (or zombies if a switch is done) in it.
"
One question that just popped in my mind: Would it be better to have Vaal Skeletons in the 6 link than Zombies now?

For damages, yes skellies are better.
Greetings,

This is a follow up for the current league: Metamorph (3.9).

I am now level 80 and I leveled with this build except 1h and shield. It was again of the fastest progression in the acts. Until I hit maps, I had skeletons and zombies in a 4 link, the spectres in a 3 link. Everything got destroyed and I died only 4 times (My own fault, I was in a hurry or distracted by TV).

With gems around level 15-16, no quality:
With T5 "strong" metamorphs, It takes about 10 seconds to win the fight. I want to point out that the skeletons are now in a 6 link, zombies in a 4 link in the Baron helm and Spectres in a 3 link. Also, I swapped my summon skeletons for a 20% quality Vaal summon skeletons and it did a good job in T5 starting at about level 6. :)

I did the normal lab at level 38, merciless and cruel at level 58. Izario was going down in less than 4 seconds. (I did not do uber yet because I do not have all the trials yet.)

I destroyed with no effort the Constrictors in white maps.

In conclusion, the build is still good.

Thank you
Greetings,

I have no idea if anyone is reading this thread or even using this build anymore. I can say that I am and with bleh 1h weapon and a shield, I was able to get to red maps easily. I was also able to get to 19 stones and defeat the conquerors easily too.

The Metamorphs die pretty fast except the "multiple regen" ones. I had to give up on a T14 that I chose 4 parts regen/ 2 parts high life/1 part leech. My Vaal skeleton is on a 6-link and it melts the Metamorphs.

Once you hit level 21 Spectre (or +1 minions skill gem) you can get a 4th spectre. I chose the Sentinel and it 1-shot white mobs until T11 and 2-shot until T15. I am sure with 1 or 2 Awakened support gem it will bring it to 1-shot.

Minions speed without the staff is a little issue for clear speed map. I would say it adds about 10% more time to the clear map.

For those who use this build and die a lot, A little advice: Yesterday I played 12 hours and died 4 times. I played very risky doing metamorphs bosses, Awakening level 5 T13+ maps with sextants and a lot of mods. Each time I died, it is because I stopped moving. Just not being lazy and keeping on the move will cut off the deaths.

Thank you
"
"
kestak wrote:
Greetings,

Once you hit level 21 Spectre (or +1 minions skill gem) you can get a 4th spectre. I chose the Sentinel and it 1-shot white mobs until T11 and 2-shot until T15. I am sure with 1 or 2 Awakened support gem it will bring it to 1-shot.

what specters are you using?
Last edited by clobberhead on Dec 25, 2019, 12:56:01 PM
Greetings,

I am using the good ol' Flame sentinel.

Thank you
Greetings,

Another update in came some people follow this guide.

Today I did T15-T16 Awakening level 5 fully corrupted maps (Awakening bonus).

I 4 words: You stop you die. I have 8.6k life and I died quite a few times and it was entirely my fault again. I was trying to hide behind walls while doing Metamorphs (and bosses) and each time I got killed. Each time I moved constantly, I was fine. BTW, I am wondering if going with less life on the tree but getting more minions damage nodes would work better now...Not sure

My golem 20/20 (no support gem, but +4 24/20) survivability with mobs was about 15 seconds if I was not using my skeletons to snipe. With bosses I just resummon it when I was able to take the risk. Zombies were fine except boss/Metamorph. Spectres survived all along.

Damage wise, it was noticeably less than T11-T14 especially because I had to be more careful. The boss fights lasted around 30 seconds and the Metamorph about 45-60 seconds. A few times I had to pull back because I wanted to replenish my zombies.

This week my goal is to get a better wand and to have at least 5 gems corrupted 21/20. I tried a 5-link staff and the minions movement speed is still very nice for those who want to go with a 5-6 linked staff.

Thank you
Last edited by kestak on Dec 26, 2019, 12:38:20 PM
I switched to this build some days ago and everything that Kestak stated in his above posts is true. The build is really nice but I also had to learn not to start being lazy at higher tier bossfights. It is really not a good idea to stand still at bosses. :D

I'm also at 6,8k life and thinking about swapping out some life nodes for more dps.

I can add that my animated guardian only died once so far. At T14 Atoll metamorph boss :D I can't remember what effects the boss had, but he wiped my minions so fast that I could not recast them. :D

Some other things I can add (not sure if those things are mentionied in the thread anywhere already):

For the body armor slot, I bought a unique Rotting Legion and six linked it finally after over 2k fusings /sigh :D

For the unique amulet Astramentis I used Intrinsic Catalysts, to boost the attributes a bit more. From 16/97 strength attributes I could power it up to 19/116 this way.
"
grimlock9999 wrote:
"

For damages, yes skellies are better.

Hey Grim,

After playing this build for several leagues (a few leagues back). I love skeletons and the 'lazy 1 button play style'. I have been searching every league for a stronger end game build using them. This league I found it, mana guardian skele summoner. With strong min maxed gear I have 24k es & 5m+ mapping dps 8m+ boss dps.

Just thought I'd pop in and say thanks for the inspiration.

https://pastebin.com/uqY9xpVF
Last edited by NSUCK on Jan 8, 2020, 2:58:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info