Share your Tier 15 Elder spawn attempts, rants, and salt here!!

After the Nth attempt this Sunday, I gave my stuff away and quit the league. It's pretty fucking boring anyway. See you guys next one (if I decide to play).
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
GG drop from Red Elder till now in most expensive War for the Atlas experience in awesome and wealthy Alternation (Bestiary) league (skyrocket MAP prices with lowest currency drop ever).
Thank you GGG for your awesome RNG experience.

Look only if you think to quit game

Last edited by Coolmer on Mar 26, 2018, 11:33:15 AM
"Hopeshredder".

They chose that itemname to add insult to injury. ;-)
Last edited by Black_Gun on Mar 26, 2018, 11:32:01 AM
"
Black_Gun wrote:
"Hopeshredder".

They chose that itemname to add insult to injury. ;-)

I mean the zone itself is called the Absence of Value and Meaning
Last edited by Hanarae on Mar 26, 2018, 12:04:49 PM
"
Hanarae wrote:
It's not just the fact that the Elder spawn itself is RNG, along the way, there were 5 times where I did a Shaper map and Elder retreated 2-3 maps instead. RNG upon RNG. May as well put him in loot boxes.

If you ask me, it's not just RNG, the whole fucking system is BROKEN. I had a 15-map Elder-influenced blob, did an adjacent Shaper-influenced map, and my blob shrunk down to 7 maps.

WTF, I don't even CARE about ELDER, I just want my Shaped maps back.
"
RogueMage wrote:
"
Hanarae wrote:
It's not just the fact that the Elder spawn itself is RNG, along the way, there were 5 times where I did a Shaper map and Elder retreated 2-3 maps instead. RNG upon RNG. May as well put him in loot boxes.

If you ask me, it's not just RNG, the whole fucking system is BROKEN. I had a 15-map Elder-influenced blob, did an adjacent Shaper-influenced map, and my blob shrunk down to 7 maps.

WTF, I don't even CARE about ELDER, I just want my Shaped maps back.

Yeah, that is really stupid. By any chance, was it like this? https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2115225
At 14/15 for only a few days, and only 0/1 so far. Elder on T14 and Guardians on T15/14/13/12.

If you go back to last league, which I ended 14/15, I'm on a miserable streak. No doubt there is some "git gud" to it but I also ended the league 40/40, Level 97 and mainly doing highest tier map that influence allowed me to do.

I'm guessing the best way to do this is to brute force it by skipping tons of content and going straight to bosses for completion of maps. Since this is part of the story line though, I think a more deterministic approach would be appreciated. Applying pure RNG to the games story line progression is a mistake from my perspective.
My t15 elder spawned on the 4th attempt. However, the elder should spawn on the highest tier influenced map when he spawns in my opinion.

There is one thing I am wondering though... if you the first time(10/15 fragments) immediately spawn uber elder, do the 4 guardians have fragment 11-14 and the uber elder himself fragment 15? If so, this would be a sure fire way to get the fragments every time. Would love it if someone tested this theory.
"
sarannah101 wrote:
My t15 elder spawned on the 4th attempt. However, the elder should spawn on the highest tier influenced map when he spawns in my opinion.

There is one thing I am wondering though... if you the first time(10/15 fragments) immediately spawn uber elder, do the 4 guardians have fragment 11-14 and the uber elder himself fragment 15? If so, this would be a sure fire way to get the fragments every time. Would love it if someone tested this theory.

afaik, uber elder cannot spawn until you are at 15/15.
After struggling for 16 days, I just got it:

I started in the bottom left quadrant. The elder influence at one point stagnated at 4 maps, I had to run and then rerun one of those 4 initial maps to fix this. In the end, I was pushing up towards Reef/Sunken city. Summit, Core, Plaza and then Sunken were the last 4 maps I ran. When I ran Sunken, I had 17 elder influenced maps, and the elder spawning was actually premature as I didnt anticipate 2 other maps being taken the moment I complete the 18th map. Anyway, I'm glad that my torment has finally ended.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info