[3.6] Triple Herald Blade Vortex Elementalist

"
HybridBoy wrote:
Im currently using herald of purity alongside the triple heralds.

but im thinking of ditching it and go for MoM.
the damage boost isnt that great but the minions might be useful.

what you guys think about herald of purity?

See above.
It's not for damage, it's for the minions which are very handy indeed. They're up constantly, they aggro bosses and random mobs alike and you can link stuff like blind or onslaught with them.

For mapping i would take Purity over MoM any day, i can count the number of times bosses actually melee *me* and not the minions on one hand.
"
HybridBoy wrote:

I liked it for the minions to help tank, especially while leveling and before getting Inpulsa. But once everything started blowing up the second I charged in it became less useful. As I get deeper into delves I'm wondering if it would be useful to pick up again. I don't have the mana for MOM, and areas like the vaal cities can get pretty scary with so many things spawning all over. Feels like it would be nice again to have them running around taking hits.
"
Miffy23 wrote:
"
HybridBoy wrote:

See above.
It's not for damage, it's for the minions which are very handy indeed. They're up constantly, they aggro bosses and random mobs alike and you can link stuff like blind or onslaught with them.

For mapping i would take Purity over MoM any day, i can count the number of times bosses actually melee *me* and not the minions on one hand.

Do you mean Guardians or higher Bosses when you say map bosses? Because every single lower boss is dead/phased in 1-2 seconds anyway... No need for HoP minions to tank.

But looking forward to your variation.
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 16, 2018, 4:44:39 PM
At what level does this build start to really take shape in it's final form?
I'm having the hardest time with Uber Elder. My sustain just isn't enough, I've gotten him down to about a quarter hp each twice but I can't beat him. Any suggestions would be great.

I use Critical Damage instead of AoE gem during the fight, as well as a cold flask with charge on crit and a Warlords mark elder ring instead of the chaos res ring. I died twice to the slow attack so I was thinking maybe trying kaoms roots (worked well last season)

I thought about getting MoS but I'd have to re-work my res'. Its crazy this build is SO powerful yet I can't quite take uber out :(
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Miffy23 wrote:
"
HybridBoy wrote:

See above.

Do you mean Guardians or higher Bosses when you say map bosses? Because every single lower boss is dead/phased in 1-2 seconds anyway... No need for HoP minions to tank.

But looking forward to your variation.

Not when you play EO for delves and clear, which I am.
It's just generally something i've noticed though, they pretty much soak up 90% of boss attacks.
ok, so i sorted my movement problem by getting higher MS boots, switching to shield charge instead of whirling blades and using quicksilver flask instead of taste of hate.

but my cast speed is still too low, feels clunky to stop for casting every time.
how can i make it faster?

currently at 2.5 in game tooltip and 3 in POB (arcane surge buff).

i could use spell echo, but it makes each hit less powerful.
which means that i would need more hits to explode a pack, and thats less safe.
also takes away from the playstyle experience.

i noticed that i dont use the orb of storms - arcane surge setup, ever.
while mapping its annoying to stop every few sec to cast it and bosses are gone fast anyway.
what else can i use instead?

need to mention that im using the Overcharged node with intuitive leap.
"
HybridBoy wrote:
ok, so i sorted my movement problem by getting higher MS boots, switching to shield charge instead of whirling blades and using quicksilver flask instead of taste of hate.

but my cast speed is still too low, feels clunky to stop for casting every time.

while mapping its annoying to stop every few sec to cast it and bosses are gone fast anyway.

Was about to reply that once you have your character fully geared that clunkyness goes away. Then looked at your character and saw you are nicely geared.

Now I have no idea. I mean, I think this play style is very smooth. 1-2 blades is enough to clear whole T16 screens when I touch one mob. Just cast once every 10 seconds when I stand near a rare that takes a second to kill or something. I never have more blades, except on bosses.

Maybe others have an idea where the problem lies for you.
"
HybridBoy wrote:

A few ideas to tackle your problem:

- Try to work Arcane Surge into your clearing pattern. Either cast OoS whenever you stop to spin up again or link it to Flame Dash
- Use Blood Rage for more reliable frenzy charge generation. You can link Arcane Surge to this too.
- Get the cast speed nodes between Coordination and shadow start
- Get Dark Arts via Intuitive Leap (if dual wielding)
- Whenever you are trying to smooth out your build, go for jewels. (cast speed if you have crit recently)

I know that feeling when your slow spin-up speed can't keep up with the lightning fast clear speed of the build. Like driving a car with the parking break still on. I was using Faster Casting too for a while, until my cast speed was acceptable. From my own experience "acceptable" was above 3.5 casts and "smooth" started at 4 casts per second.
I made a MF build :

It is not realy budget friendly due to boots and rings/amulet but it is realy effective. I did maps up to t14 wihtout any problems, even depht 280 in delve.

It is realy fast as well, maybe it can be even faster with EO version and biggest explosions, but this one has realy fast clear speed and realy huge boss dps as well !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info