[3.6] Triple Herald Blade Vortex Elementalist

"
Iamandre wrote:
Another noob question.

I saw you suggested the links to each gear, for example:

Gloves: Herald of Thunder - Blind - Curse On Hit - Warlord's Mark
Helmet: Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify (+ Blood Magic with MoM)

So basically I need a 2 blue - 1 green - 1 red Gloves AND
a 2 green - 2 red Helmet. But if I have they inverted (blue, green red on helmet, green and red on gloves) is it ok? Or I'll eventually need those specific gems on those specific slots?

As long as no gear piece has anything special like "Socketed gems are supported by ..." or something, it doesen't matter at all.

The only thing that can differ is that for instance Hrimnsorrow has a dex requirement, so getting something like 3 red is much less likely than on a rare pair of gear with a strength requirement.
Last edited by Avous on Sep 16, 2018, 4:28:37 AM
"
Chrom wrote:
"
Miffy23 wrote:
"
@Miffy23 i noticed that you have 3 heralds and also the herald of purity as well. Do you use all 4 at once and if so, how do you have that much mana?

Enlighten 3 and not running MoM.
The Purity minions are actually worth solid gold on bosses and sometimes Delve nodes, as they just pull aggro constantly. Can also link them with Blind btw for guaranteed uptime on bosses.

I wouldn't take my setup as anything to aim for though, i'm still leveling and experimenting, planning on taking this one deeper eventually.

I was debating using Herald of Purity or Ice with Ice Bite, Hypothermia and Innervate. I know you said you prefer purity because they're tanky, but ave you tried the HOI setup, if so which do you think is more DPS?

You don't use the HoI+Ice Bite+Hypo+Innervate setup for DPS. You use it for clear speed and defense. This build really has no need for more DPS.

But that setup in my opinion straight up beats MoM for defense while mapping and delving and adds even more clear speed. For end-game bosses MoM will do more for your survivability.

But don't expect constant Frenzy Charges from the setup. While mapping I sit at 0-1 with this. Inpulsa will deal the killing blow most of the time. But what this does is freeze the whole screen and add the HoI explosion to the Inpulsas explosion.

I personally can't say anything about HoP performance, have not tried it yet.

I will ask my question from the last page again here: Does anyone know if it is worth stacking some increased effect of shock from Abyss jewels?
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 16, 2018, 5:35:43 AM
Could someone check out my equipment and point me the weakest items at the moment? I have about 200c to spare. What should I upgrade next?

Thanks in advance!
"
Irmeli wrote:
Could someone check out my equipment and point me the weakest items at the moment? I have about 200c to spare. What should I upgrade next?

Thanks in advance!

If i'm you would start to buy some shaped dagger/scepter to craft a better dagger though (I chaos spam them). Then next would be a 6L inpulsa.
Hi guys

First I want to thank DirtyDot for the work he did with this build

Need a help in setup and gem links.

I made same changes in the gem links but now I dont no what to put main hand gem link like you guys can see in gear.

Can some one give me a help please?

Last edited by Zacataka on Sep 16, 2018, 9:45:25 AM
What can i do to reduce the clunkyness of the BV playstyle?
i have OKish gear and 6L inpulsa, damage itself isnt the problem really.

the whirling blades speed is low and the cast speed of the BV isnt that great either.
i find it hard to keep a decent amout of blades up while mapping.
also mapping feels somewhat slow, even though most packs explode.
I gotta say this build is insane. Even on t15+ maps it's like mobs don't even exist. Only some bosses can even land a hit or they die in a second. Really enjoying it more than anything else. Reminds me of how I felt playing coc discharge for the first time.
"
HybridBoy wrote:

the whirling blades speed is low and the cast speed of the BV isnt that great either.

Use a Sceptre with 20%+ increased attack speed and a shield so you can shield charge... The build should really recommend that, not dual wield and shitty whirling blades. With Shield Charge the APS of the weapon does not matter, just the amount of local increased attack speed. Of course you want 30% movement speed boots and a Quicksilver Flask for mapping with Shield Charge. Look at my setup. In T16 maps I just cast 1-2 blades and zoom around for 10 seconds. Really pretty fast and very mobile.

With the right Sceptre and Shield combination you will lose little to no DPS, which this build has more than enough of anyway, and gain a ton of survivability from 90-120 flat life and block. The shield is also the reason why I am able to use

as my second ring which brings Sceptre + Shield easily on the same DPS level as dual wield. At least if you cant afford two 15ex+ weapons.

Well, as a closing statement: There is a reason why 40% of the players of this build use Sceptre+Shield according to poe.ninja. And that percentage goes up if you only look at higher levels. More mobility, more survivability, still more than enough damage.
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 16, 2018, 9:20:25 AM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
HybridBoy wrote:

Use a Sceptre with 20%+ increased attack speed and a shield so you can shield charge... The build should really recommend that, not dual wield and shitty whirling blades. With Shield Charge the APS of the weapon does not matter, just the amount of local increased attack speed. Of course you want 30% movement speed boots and a Quicksilver Flask for mapping with Shield Charge. Look at my setup. In T16 maps I just cast 1-2 blades and zoom around for 10 seconds. Really pretty fast and very mobile.

With the right Sceptre and Shield combination you will lose little to no DPS, which this build has more than enough of anyway, and gain a ton of survivability from 90-120 flat life and block. The shield is also the reason why I am able to use

as my second ring which brings Sceptre + Shield easily on the same DPS level as dual wield. At least if you cant afford two 15ex+ weapons.

thanks for the reply.

i tried shield charge before i posted and it was better than whirling blades.

but i thought i will lose alot of dps due to no "phyz as" mods on shields.
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Chrom wrote:

I was debating using Herald of Purity or Ice with Ice Bite, Hypothermia and Innervate. I know you said you prefer purity because they're tanky, but ave you tried the HOI setup, if so which do you think is more DPS?

You don't use the HoI+Ice Bite+Hypo+Innervate setup for DPS. You use it for clear speed and defense. This build really has no need for more DPS.

But that setup in my opinion straight up beats MoM for defense while mapping and delving and adds even more clear speed. For end-game bosses MoM will do more for your survivability.

But don't expect constant Frenzy Charges from the setup. While mapping I sit at 0-1 with this. Inpulsa will deal the killing blow most of the time. But what this does is freeze the whole screen and add the HoI explosion to the Inpulsas explosion.

I personally can't say anything about HoP performance, have not tried it yet.

I will ask my question from the last page again here: Does anyone know if it is worth stacking some increased effect of shock from Abyss jewels?

Thanks for replying, that seems a bit contradictory, but think I understand.

I'm probably going to go non crit EO without MoM or just change to Oculist CI altogether.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info