[3.6] Triple Herald Blade Vortex Elementalist

"
Mecielle wrote:

Was about to reply that once you have your character fully geared that clunkyness goes away. Then looked at your character and saw you are nicely geared.

Now I have no idea. I mean, I think this play style is very smooth. 1-2 blades is enough to clear whole T16 screens when I touch one mob. Just cast once every 10 seconds when I stand near a rare that takes a second to kill or something. I never have more blades, except on bosses.

Maybe others have an idea where the problem lies for you.

i dont need to stay at 10 blades all the time ofc.
but i feel like 4-5 gives me the clear speed i want.

"
Monti_Jones wrote:

A few ideas to tackle your problem:

- Try to work Arcane Surge into your clearing pattern. Either cast OoS whenever you stop to spin up again or link it to Flame Dash
- Use Blood Rage for more reliable frenzy charge generation. You can link Arcane Surge to this too.
- Get the cast speed nodes between Coordination and shadow start
- Get Dark Arts via Intuitive Leap (if dual wielding)
- Whenever you are trying to smooth out your build, go for jewels. (cast speed if you have crit recently)

I know that feeling when your slow spin-up speed can't keep up with the lightning fast clear speed of the build. Like driving a car with the parking break still on. I was using Faster Casting too for a while, until my cast speed was acceptable. From my own experience "acceptable" was above 3.5 casts and "smooth" started at 4 casts per second.

tried to link it to flame dash, but i use shield charge mostly for mapping.
flame dash isnt reliable enough for this job.

for frenzy charges i use overcharge node, i dont like using blood rage with builds that cant out degen it, feels weird and unsafe.

will try the casting nodes, probably gonna give up on MoM then.

Dark Arts- im using a shield :)

on my jewels i have life and crit multi, adding cast speed will make them very expensive.
might look for cast speed instead of crit multi.

"
Monti_Jones wrote:
"
HybridBoy wrote:
ok, so i sorted my movement problem by getting higher MS boots, switching to shield charge instead of whirling blades and using quicksilver flask instead of taste of hate.

but my cast speed is still too low, feels clunky to stop for casting every time.
how can i make it faster?

currently at 2.5 in game tooltip and 3 in POB (arcane surge buff).

i could use spell echo, but it makes each hit less powerful.
which means that i would need more hits to explode a pack, and thats less safe.
also takes away from the playstyle experience.

i noticed that i dont use the orb of storms - arcane surge setup, ever.
while mapping its annoying to stop every few sec to cast it and bosses are gone fast anyway.
what else can i use instead?

need to mention that im using the Overcharged node with intuitive leap.

A few ideas to tackle your problem:

- Try to work Arcane Surge into your clearing pattern. Either cast OoS whenever you stop to spin up again or link it to Flame Dash
- Use Blood Rage for more reliable frenzy charge generation. You can link Arcane Surge to this too.
- Get the cast speed nodes between Coordination and shadow start
- Get Dark Arts via Intuitive Leap (if dual wielding)
- Whenever you are trying to smooth out your build, go for jewels. (cast speed if you have crit recently)

I know that feeling when your slow spin-up speed can't keep up with the lightning fast clear speed of the build. Like driving a car with the parking break still on. I was using Faster Casting too for a while, until my cast speed was acceptable. From my own experience "acceptable" was above 3.5 casts and "smooth" started at 4 casts per second.

I recommend swapping in Ice Bite for the gem that gives you the least dps (In my case, inc crit) for mapping. It gives frenzy on kill on frozen enemy, and it is pretty nice to effortlessly have max frenzy charges all the time :)
oh, gonna take the cast speed nodes at the start of the skill tree instead of spell damage.
think i can sacrifice a little bit of damage :)

also took Nimbleness node for now, just for testing.
Last edited by HybridBoy on Sep 17, 2018, 5:56:46 AM
"
HybridBoy wrote:
oh, gonna take the cast speed nodes at the start of the skill tree instead of spell damage.

For mapping im using Spell Echo, i find it's waaayyyy smoother with it, and you don't need big support gems, even on t15 you can kill a boss within 3 sec without.
"
Uriacesjaces wrote:
"
HybridBoy wrote:

For mapping im using Spell Echo, i find it's waaayyyy smoother with it, and you don't need big support gems, even on t15 you can kill a boss within 3 sec without.

Tried spell echo, didnt like it too much.

ok so i added blood rage to the setup, makes a lot of difference.
the degen isnt high, also i can turn it off in no regen maps and leave the frenzy charge generation to Overcharged node.
also makes my shield charge much faster, clear speed went up by like 50% :)

my skill tree is a mess tho ^^
will need to lvl up to sort it out.

also gonna swap atziris promise with silver flask for testing.
already swapped taste of hate with quicksilver.
Last edited by HybridBoy on Sep 17, 2018, 6:25:26 AM
Personnaly i don't like shield charge, i made many tests and i find im faster with whirlwind blades...
"
Uriacesjaces wrote:
Personnaly i don't like shield charge, i made many tests and i find im faster with whirlwind blades...

Did you use 30% movement boots and a Quicksilver Flask with permanent uptime and a weapon with 20%+ local attack speed instead of just high base APS?

If not, your test has no meaning. It is possible that you personally prefer WB over SC, then sure, go ahead and use WB; but it is fact that SC is much faster and a shield setup overall far superior in this build.
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 17, 2018, 6:28:10 AM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Uriacesjaces wrote:

Did you use 30% movement boots and a Quicksilver Flask with permanent uptime and a weapon with 20%+ local attack speed instead of just high base APS?

If not, your test has no meaning. It is possible that you personally prefer WB over SC, then sure, go ahead and use WB; but it is fact that SC is much faster and a shield setup overall far superior in this build.

i did, i've tested with brightbreak too, and i realy don't feel super fast. I think it is a matter of taste too
"
Uriacesjaces wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Uriacesjaces wrote:

i did, i've tested with brightbreak too, and i realy don't feel super fast. I think it is a matter of taste too

they changed the way shield charge works in the last update.
brightbeak isnt that effective anymore.

personal update: i removed the cast speed nodes om the tree.
i feel like 2-3 blades up is more than enough for now and its not hard to keep those up.

basically blood rage solved it for me.
its not affecting the cast speed but it makes the mapping so much smoother.
before that i had to stop for casting AND was slowingly dashing around.
The only point i find a bit disturbing is the Warlord's mark ring. Is this realy that important ? i mean i have it in gems, it's always up.

To replace it with a decent ring , with good elem, i need to spend at least 5 to 10 Ex .

Is there a specific skill that can be added to complete the build once you have this ring ? I mean a skill that makes a real difference.

Because if it's just to replace 1 Gem, i prefer to buy a 3 res belt for this king of budget .

I've put a decent amount of Ex already in it :

Last edited by Uriacesjaces on Sep 17, 2018, 8:07:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info