[3.5]FJTHEBEAST| DW Nebuloch Chieftain Molten Strike |90% Dmg Mitigation|9M Shaper DPS| All content

Hi,

I decided to try out this build this league and I've been having a great time. I've currently been focusing on getting more attack speed to make the build feel smoother while also keeping my resistances balanced for Wise Oak. Other than that, this has been one of the best boss killers I've played so far.

Current gear:

Spoiler

"
liamwpk wrote:
How does Soul of Arakaali work if you have Blood Rage?

I use Soul of Arakali because of
- the "5% reduced Damage taken from Damage Over Time, 10% chance to Avoid Lightning Damage when Hit" (good against any degen, Nebuloch degen)
- the "30% reduced Effect of Shock on you, 30% reduced Shock Duration on You" (because currently I don't have other means to deal with Shock)
- and the "+25% Chaos Resistance against Damage Over Time"

I don't need the "50% increased Recovery of Life and Energy Shield if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time Recently" because even without it, my life regen is already very high (you can walk on traps on lab without problems for example).

"
Xavathos wrote:
"
liamwpk wrote:

Blood Rage deals physical damage. When you trigger Immortal Call, you become immune to physical damage for a short period of time, which means you stop taking damage over time. That triggers the effect of Soul of Arakaali.

I don't use Immortal Call because I need my Endurence Charghes to be up all the time :D . Also, there is the degen from Nebuloch so even if you use immortal call, you will not benefit from that increased llife recovery until 4 seconds after not being hit.
"
Recoil99 wrote:
Hi,

I decided to try out this build this league and I've been having a great time. I've currently been focusing on getting more attack speed to make the build feel smoother while also keeping my resistances balanced for Wise Oak. Other than that, this has been one of the best boss killers I've played so far.

Hi there! Thank you for your feedback.

Do you use another amulet while mapping/bossing? (a rare amulet with % extra phys gained as fire dmg is about 10% more dmg). Many here suggested to use Ralakesh's impatienece for Endurance Charge generation, so if you want you can try it.

Also, I think you can get Kaom's roots with +1 endurance charge now because you should already have enough regen.

You can try Consecrated Path (melee phys-faster attack-inc AoE-ele focus-wed) for faster mapping.
Anyone farming Guardians/shaper with this build? No video's like that i can find for 3.4
"
fjtheknight wrote:

"
Xavathos wrote:
"
liamwpk wrote:

Blood Rage deals physical damage. When you trigger Immortal Call, you become immune to physical damage for a short period of time, which means you stop taking damage over time. That triggers the effect of Soul of Arakaali.

I don't use Immortal Call because I need my Endurence Charghes to be up all the time :D . Also, there is the degen from Nebuloch so even if you use immortal call, you will not benefit from that increased llife recovery until 4 seconds after not being hit.

I knew not to use IC, I don't do it in my build either. I was just explaining to him how most people bring upon the Arakaali buff. We can do it with Nebuloch of course. :)
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
fjtheknight wrote:
"
liamwpk wrote:

- the "5% reduced Damage taken from Damage Over Time, 10% chance to Avoid Lightning Damage when Hit" (good against any degen, Nebuloch degen)
- the "30% reduced Effect of Shock on you, 30% reduced Shock Duration on You" (because currently I don't have other means to deal with Shock)

I don't need the "50% increased Recovery of Life and Energy Shield if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time Recently" because even without it, my life regen is already very high (you can walk on traps on lab without problems for example).
I am aware of the usage of Arakaali, it's just that it was listed in the OP "to increase life recovery rate".

Regardless though, ty for the explanation, hadn't really thought about the other mods listed on the Pantheon.
Last edited by liamwpk on Sep 12, 2018, 5:49:05 PM
"
Xavathos wrote:

I knew not to use IC, I don't do it in my build either. I was just explaining to him how most people bring upon the Arakaali buff. We can do it with Nebuloch of course. :)

Ok thank you :D
Last edited by fjtheknight on Sep 12, 2018, 7:59:35 PM
"
liamwpk wrote:
"
fjtheknight wrote:
"
liamwpk wrote:

I am aware of the usage of Arakaali, it's just that it was listed in the OP "to increase life recovery rate".

Regardless though, ty for the explanation, hadn't really thought about the other mods listed on the Pantheon.

I am the OP :D and you're right. I had some regen problems when I was like level 75 and used Soul of Arakaali to recover life fast (in lab for example) and didn't update that section since then.
Would it be safe to rely on endurance charges for capping resists?
"
Vaedon wrote:
Would it be safe to rely on endurance charges for capping resists?

It is not safe to rely on ECs to cap resistences (because some ranged ele monsters will hit you hard before you start gaining ECs). But if you still can't cap them, you should replace Vicious projectiles with EC on melee stun and use The Wise Oak flask from the beginning
Last edited by fjtheknight on Sep 12, 2018, 8:09:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info