[3.5]FJTHEBEAST| DW Nebuloch Chieftain Molten Strike |90% Dmg Mitigation|9M Shaper DPS| All content

"
grimchip wrote:
tried out this build, enjoying it alot. I felt kind of pressured into a really tanky build to deal with the incredible damage the delve mobs can do at the 300+ levels and this build really does a great job of dealing with it.

only note I want to make is that molten strike with ancestral call AND melee splash feels better for clear then consecrated path.

also endurance charge on stun will be more overall dps if you have 8-9 endurance charges, since its the same dps as vicious strikes for the balls and more dps for the melee hit.

Everyone should use PoB to decide which gems they need to use because it highly depends on currently available gear. Thank you for your feedback!
"
fjtheknight wrote:

Would you please tell me how did you calculate your damage? because if my math is correct, Chieftain still has 20% more damage than Juggernaut.

I decided to go chieftain also because of the resistance problem. The +100% fire res is huge and makes it easier and cheaper to gear. I spent about 14 ex on all my gear (Bestiary).

The way I've been comparing them is just a ratio between the two, if you take best case scenario of everything landing short of the penalty range on point blank, then the max potential damage would be -

Average ball damage * melee APS * No. balls being generated

using your newer 3.4 PoB you'd get -

106088 * 5.13 * 10 = ~5.44m dps as a theoretical max

using my current gear (but adding helm enchant) it would be -

89821 * 4.68 * 10 = ~4.2m dps

If I had the same weapons as your newer 3.4 PoB (implicit corruption & better rolls)and actually managed to recolour my gloves to use lightning instead of ice golem -

101662 * 5.05 * 10 = ~5.13m dps

so by my calculations the best case scenario damage of my build is about ~5.5% lower, as far as I can tell the AoE of our builds is pretty similar so it should scale down to worst case scenario at about the same rate. In my previous post I was using an earlier version of your PoB pastebin with the double corrupted nebulochs where the gap was a lot closer, also bear in mind I cant use flammability due to the glove curse on hit, so I'm losing a little damage there too (using the same calcs I came out to 5.44m dps with flammability).

Last edited by Carrmatt93 on Sep 13, 2018, 10:17:07 AM
"
fjtheknight wrote:

Everyone should use PoB to decide which gems they need to use because it highly depends on currently available gear. Thank you for your feedback!

i just one shot uber elder with this build. so thank you =) haven't been able to do uber elder with any of my other builds so far.

very nice and well put together build/guide, had a great read.
Just got a tiny question (maybe dumb :D), how do you quality your weapons to 30%? (since they are unique)
Any alternatives to Kaoms Way? Super pricey...
"
rvdeh wrote:
very nice and well put together build/guide, had a great read.
Just got a tiny question (maybe dumb :D), how do you quality your weapons to 30%? (since they are unique)

Oh sorry I didn't pay enough attention to it. I thought we can use Perfect Fossils but forgot that we can't use resonators on unique items :D I will correct it right now. Thank you!
Last edited by fjtheknight on Sep 13, 2018, 11:51:24 AM
"
swooks wrote:
Any alternatives to Kaoms Way? Super pricey...

You can use Kaom's Sign if your resistances and life/life regen are ok.
It seems that you no longer cant get +1 endurance on a belt. So is +1 endurance better than life/mana regen on boots?
"
NoBo1 wrote:
It seems that you no longer cant get +1 endurance on a belt. So is +1 endurance better than life/mana regen on boots?

Life regen is better when you are leveleing. Once you have enough life regen, get +1 EC boots (level 80ish or sooner).
Last edited by fjtheknight on Sep 13, 2018, 1:50:40 PM
Still trying to decide between Juggernaut and Chieftain.

Chieftain seems to be the cheaper option, because you don't need Xoph's Blood. I was thinking of using the fire-version of impresence for free blasphemy and then also using herald of purity (or purity of fire).

Juggernaut is a bit more tanky, but is a lot more expensive. You need Xoph's Blood and another 100% resistance from somewhere on your gear. It's a little tankier. And the easy endurance charge generation is appealing. I do think it's worth considering going non-crit and taking unstoppable (no -movespeed and immune to freeze).

I'll probably end up going chieftain simply because it's cheaper and easier to build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info