[3.5]FJTHEBEAST| DW Nebuloch Chieftain Molten Strike |90% Dmg Mitigation|9M Shaper DPS| All content

"
fjtheknight wrote:
"
Vaedon wrote:
Would it be safe to rely on endurance charges for capping resists?

It is not safe to rely on ECs to cap resistences (because some ranged ele monsters will hit you hard before you start gaining ECs). But if you still can't cap them, you should replace Vicious projectiles with EC on melee stun and use The Wise Oak flask from the beginning

To add to this: The overcap resistances from your charges are supposed to be the "curse buffer" so that when you run ele weakness maps or mobs use specific curses to lower your resists, you won't dip below the cap.

Remember to pay attention to map mods though, ele weakness means you WILL be below the cap before your charges are maxed.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Sep 13, 2018, 3:39:18 AM
Does elemental equilibrium work, and if so is it worth taking?

I have a bit of a different take on this build atm. Currently running consecrated path as a main clear skill, and i have both EE (might drop this) and EO keystones picked, with a bit of an investment on gear (one jewel) and tree to get some accuracy and crit chance, so that EO has 100% uptime. I’m planning on using 6l molten in the Loreweave for single target, and a 4L Cons path for clear (maybe 5-6 linked with elder/shaper gear).

In terms of outregening Nebuloch’s downside, i’m able to do that without using Kaom’s way rings, easily i might add, with less investment on the tree and gear, my loreweave has 79 max res, and i’m currently using Kaom Signs. Point being that after the buff to Nebuloch, you absolutely don’t need to invest so heavily in negating its drawback, especially as a Chieftain, which further opens up possibilities for this build.

"
Chieftain has more net life regen than Juggernaut, and a lot more damage, I honestly don't see why some people choose juggernaut over chieftain

I've decided to try Jugg this league just because I've done so many in the past and I've grown too used to the easier endurance charge generation, when I tried chieftain I kept forgetting to EC and let the charges lapse in boss fights for example, with my current gear I can get probably about 95% of the damage that the chieftain has, about 95% of the regen and leech, the only major downsides are the slightly uncapped resists without charges (currently at 81, 63, 65 without them) with running purity of elements since I have curse on hit gloves, and the chunk of life I miss (I'm at ~6550 vs the Chief's ~7350) but then again my life rolls aren't the greatest and could be improved a lot, also my current build would be more expensive to gear, I estimate I've spent about 16-17ex on it so far.

This is the pastebin of what I'm currently running in delve - https://pastebin.com/hwjtbAky
Last edited by Carrmatt93 on Sep 13, 2018, 7:25:10 AM
"
nasty69 wrote:

I have a bit of a different take on this build atm. Currently running consecrated path as a main clear skill, and i have both EE (might drop this) and EO keystones picked, with a bit of an investment on gear (one jewel) and tree to get some accuracy and crit chance, so that EO has 100% uptime. I’m planning on using 6l molten in the Loreweave for single target, and a 4L Cons path for clear (maybe 5-6 linked with elder/shaper gear).

In terms of outregening Nebuloch’s downside, i’m able to do that without using Kaom’s way rings, easily i might add, with less investment on the tree and gear, my loreweave has 79 max res, and i’m currently using Kaom Signs. Point being that after the buff to Nebuloch, you absolutely don’t need to invest so heavily in negating its drawback, especially as a Chieftain, which further opens up possibilities for this build.

I think you misunderstand the point of the regen. Regen is good, REALLY good. We're not trying to just counter the degen of Nebuloch, that just happens. We're healing nearly 2k life/sec after degen passively, without needing to leech, more than 3k with leech on top. Coupled with the massive amount of damage mitigation and the large life pool this build offers, the sustain from regen compliments it perfectly.

As long as you're not taking mega spikes of damage constantly really fast, you can survive literally anything for as long as you'd like.

Last edited by Xavathos on Sep 13, 2018, 7:46:29 AM
"
Carrmatt93 wrote:

"
Chieftain has more net life regen than Juggernaut, and a lot more damage, I honestly don't see why some people choose juggernaut over chieftain

I've decided to try Jugg this league just because I've done so many in the past and I've grown too used to the easier endurance charge generation, when I tried chieftain I kept forgetting to EC and let the charges lapse in boss fights for example, with my current gear I can get probably about 95% of the damage that the chieftain has, about 95% of the regen and leech, the only major downsides are the slightly uncapped resists without charges (currently at 81, 63, 65 without them) with running purity of elements since I have curse on hit gloves, and the chunk of life I miss (I'm at ~6550 vs the Chief's ~7350) but then again my life rolls aren't the greatest and could be improved a lot, also my current build would be more expensive to gear, I estimate I've spent about 16-17ex on it so far.

This is the pastebin of what I'm currently running in delve - https://pastebin.com/hwjtbAky

I think the fallacy here is that you improve your gear and then say you can reach roughly the same damage and regen that Chieftain offers. You're right of course, but what if the Chieftain improves his gear as well? Wouldn't the gap just become bigger again, as big as it was before? ;)

Both Jugg and Chief are great choices. The selling point to me about Jugg is the increased AOE per charge, which ends up being a free Inc AOE support with 10 charges, the extra free charge and the chaos resistance per charge, making it super easy to cap Chaos res. Chief has more damage though, also roughly equal to a 7th damage modifier socket. So it's like a choice between 35% more damage or 50% inc AOE in your 7 link. For mapping, I'd take the AOE hands down, but bosses of course, damage is king. All depends on what you want to do.

Jugg is easier to play as well, never having to worry about charges, but you can also play Chief with Endurance Charge on Melee Stun. What? Yes, that gem. It got changed recently to a 4% more melee damage per endurance charge modifier, along with a 100% chance for a charge on any melee stun, which Nebuloch with high damage and stun threshold implicit has absolutely no trouble doing. :)

Last edited by Xavathos on Sep 13, 2018, 7:57:48 AM
tried out this build, enjoying it alot. I felt kind of pressured into a really tanky build to deal with the incredible damage the delve mobs can do at the 300+ levels and this build really does a great job of dealing with it.

only note I want to make is that molten strike with ancestral call AND melee splash feels better for clear then consecrated path.

also endurance charge on stun will be more overall dps if you have 8-9 endurance charges, since its the same dps as vicious strikes for the balls and more dps for the melee hit.
"
Xavathos wrote:

I think the fallacy here is that you improve your gear and then say you can reach roughly the same damage and regen that Chieftain offers. You're right of course, but what if the Chieftain improves his gear as well? Wouldn't the gap just become bigger again, as big as it was before? ;)

Both Jugg and Chief are great choices. The selling point to me about Jugg is the increased AOE per charge, which ends up being a free Inc AOE support with 10 charges, the extra free charge and the chaos resistance per charge, making it super easy to cap Chaos res. Chief has more damage though, also roughly equal to a 7th damage modifier socket. So it's like a choice between 35% more damage or 50% inc AOE in your 7 link. For mapping, I'd take the AOE hands down, but bosses of course, damage is king. All depends on what you want to do.

Jugg is easier to play as well, never having to worry about charges, but you can also play Chief with Endurance Charge on Melee Stun. What? Yes, that gem. It got changed recently to a 4% more melee damage per endurance charge modifier, along with a 100% chance for a charge on any melee stun, which Nebuloch with high damage and stun threshold implicit has absolutely no trouble doing. :)

What I meant was compared to the OP pastebin which has a lot of gear that is pretty near BiS compared to my current gear which is pretty average, I'm already at about 95% of what the chief has (besides health + resists),If I had the gear from the OP pastebin which has stuff that's actually a ton better than my stuff, like I don't have the double corrupted nebulochs and mine are mid rolls whereas the pastebin ones in this thread are near max rolls, If I had those I would actually have a little more damage for example (by my calculations I'd have 5.2m potential dps vs the OP pastebin of a potential 5.1m dps.) without things like flammability or scorching ray.

And Endurance Charge on melee stun does allow chieftain to get easy charge generation in mapping and bosses with a lot of adds, but against bosses that spawn no reliable adds or areas where mobs have unwavering / cannot be stunned, your back to spamming EC, and without juggs chance to go from 0-10 charges instantly it gets real tedious kiting around the room getting them back if you happen to get in there without the charges (think lab).

Personally I just think it's all down to personal choice, I've always just found jugg easier to play so I much prefer it the chieftain, also I've just remembered as well that jugg can also let you cap out chaos res at 80% without relying on anything other than charges + flask which is quite nice in deep delves where the chaos DoT can hit quite hard.
Last edited by Carrmatt93 on Sep 13, 2018, 8:35:57 AM
"
nasty69 wrote:

No

"
nasty69 wrote:
I’m planning on using 6l molten in the Loreweave for single target, and a 4L Cons path for clear (maybe 5-6 linked with elder/shaper gear).

I tested Consecrated Path (level 1) on a T14 map and it was great. You just use your 6L for CP when mapping, and just switch to MS for endgame bosses (Shaper and friends). No need for extra 4L.

"
nasty69 wrote:

Yes. You can reach 12M dps with very good rare rings and rares.
But as Xavathos said, the regen will help with many other things such as lab traps, bosses with heavy degen...

"
Carrmatt93 wrote:

"

Would you please tell me how did you calculate your damage? because if my math is correct, Chieftain still has 20% more damage than Juggernaut.

I decided to go chieftain also because of the resistance problem. The +100% fire res is huge and makes it easier and cheaper to gear. I spent about 14 ex on all my gear (Bestiary).
"
Xavathos wrote:

The selling point to me about Jugg is the increased AOE per charge, which ends up being a free Inc AOE support with 10 charges

IIRC increasing AoE will lower the damage for single target. More area means the projectiles will travel farther, which means they are more likely to miss the target. Using Dying Sun will decrease the dps too.

By the way, thank you very much for answering others questions :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info