[3.5]FJTHEBEAST| DW Nebuloch Chieftain Molten Strike |90% Dmg Mitigation|9M Shaper DPS| All content

"
nasty69 wrote:
Any thoughts on going Consecrated Path instead of Molten Strike for general clearing?

I have just tested it with level one Consecrated Path (melee phys-faster attack-inc AoE-ele focus-wed). Cleared T14 map with no problems. It is faster than Molten Strike (20-40% faster). Thank you!
Last edited by fjtheknight on Sep 10, 2018, 9:32:06 AM
"
fjtheknight wrote:
"
nasty69 wrote:
Any thoughts on going Consecrated Path instead of Molten Strike for general clearing?

I have just tested it with level one Consecrated Path (melee phys-faster attack-inc AoE-ele focus-wed). Cleared T14 map with no problems. It is faster than Molten Strike (20-40% faster). Thank you!

Yeah, Consecrated Path feels amazing to play, it's basically a better, more controllable Flicker in my eyes. Also, upon landing you leave behind consecrated ground, which means that you regen 6% of your life per second while standing on it, which should further help with negating Nebuloch's drawback.
"
nasty69 wrote:
"
fjtheknight wrote:
"
nasty69 wrote:

Yeah, Consecrated Path feels amazing to play, it's basically a better, more controllable Flicker in my eyes. Also, upon landing you leave behind consecrated ground, which means that you regen 6% of your life per second while standing on it, which should further help with negating Nebuloch's drawback.

However, its Shaper is at best 1/4 of Molten Strike with this build.
"
fjtheknight wrote:
"
nasty69 wrote:

For endgame stuff and hard bosses you'd definitely want to switch to Molten Strike, but for general mapping and delving Consecrated Path is just much smoother. I think this opens up the build for more variety.

How did you manage to +30% Nebuloch? Im a newbie, sorry.

Edit : And why are they corrupted? Thx
Last edited by Helwïn on Sep 11, 2018, 10:09:17 AM
"
Helwïn wrote:
How did you manage to +30% Nebuloch? Im a newbie, sorry.

You can use a "Perfect Fossil" (Delve specific mecanism)
"
nasty69 wrote:
"
fjtheknight wrote:
"
nasty69 wrote:

For endgame stuff and hard bosses you'd definitely want to switch to Molten Strike, but for general mapping and delving Consecrated Path is just much smoother. I think this opens up the build for more variety.

Thank you. I added it to the PoB links.
Your build greatly inspired me to create one like it. It's super similar, but it uses Consecrated Path for mostly everything. Nowadays you've adjusted your build to use that for clearing as well, so now our builds are more or less the same again.

However, I do feel it's different enough to share it with you. I'm interested in hearing what you think of my take on it.

Some notes:
The gear is a planning, I don't have it yet, but I wanted to show what the build can achieve with the right gear, without going into ludricrously GG items that only 1% of players will ever own. You can reduce the budget on the rares tremendously by taking off the chaos res rolls. I just wanted to show that 80% chaos res cap is achievable, even without flasks up.

I use the Battering Rams, an otherwise hardly ever used item, because the 6% life corruption kind of negates the loss of life on gloves and I don't need the res. They're cheap as dirt to Vaal and being immune to shock adds another layer of defense on this beast of a build, if you'll pardon the pun.

For those who think the DPS is low, yes, it's Consecrated Path, a clearing skill. I could use Molten Strike for bosses easily by switching a few gems and threshold jewels. I just don't do bosses much myself and spend 99% of my time delving or mapping. Having said that, I highly doubt it would ever reach the numbers of this guide, as molten strike is an unplanned addition to my build.

Damage can be higher if taking the Inc AOE/Conc Effect path for supports, but I honestly don't like swapping gems for every boss, so I took the "middle road" with Ruthless support instead and I'll eventually corrupt my Nebulochs for increased AOE to simulate having inc AOE support for faster clearing.

Bloodgrip not possible due to resistances (otherwise I'd have to drop gloves for rares) and reason for no Marble is simply stats. I'd have to drop life or damage nodes to take int/dex nodes on the tree to use a Marble and dropping life reduces the value of ALL other life regen we already have. The result was 50 more life/sec at the cost of 300 life, which is obviously terrible.

I think the rest speaks for itself as it's fairly similar to your build. On top of all the defenses we already have, I got the regen+leech to 3k per second without enduring cry and after accounting for degen. Old Vaal Pact, eat your heart out.

Anyway, please let me know what you think. :)

https://pastebin.com/KHVRH6da
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Sep 11, 2018, 7:15:56 AM
Thinking of doing this build. Should have enough currency.

Justo wondering how its doing in delves? How deep has anyone gone and how does it fare in the darkness (fossil runs and such)?

Ty
Well the guy at the top of the solo delve leaderboard (last I saw around 830 depth) was using a dual nebuloch MS build but as a jugg, so in theory it should do pretty well, I'd be worried mostly about the degens down there than the mobs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info