[0.10.2] The Hand of God - Let's go on Crusades !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you ever dreamed of a mixture of rough brutality, thick skin, and summoning abilities ? The Hand of God has been directly sent amongst us to do this job. Let me present that really, really funny build.

The core of this build : Unarmed + Dominating Blow = Convert monsters, build your crusade army and fight !

VIDEOS !

End Game Map : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc_0YMs_Jww&feature=youtu.be
Lunaris Temple : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyaS2nV4PQs

Pros :
+ Active gameplay : Not like putting 2 totems and running... more like a "THIS IS SPARTAAAA" fighting style.
+ Really funny to have a 20 mobs army, to have + 150% movement speed, over 6000 energy shield, being invicible for more than a minute ! etc...
+ Rapes bosses in about 10 seconds, with the right preparation. Last time i've done Piety, on merciless, it took me 8 seconds to kill her !
+ Not best but good overall dps without the minions.
+ Tankiest of tanky tanks : Bunch of mobs tanking for you, tons of hp and armor and resistances. Come on Rhoas !
+ Running 6 Auras
+ Good team mate : buffs you and takes the slappings for you !
+ Viable in HC, although i myself got oneshot by vaal blunt attack at level 66
+ Viable in End game Maps, solo or in team.
+ You'll get the craziest comments in game : "OPPPPP", "LOL", "Are we really invicible ? OMGGG", "DAT SHIELD", "SO CRAZY"

Cons :
- Needs to be carefull early on for the first mobs you dominate.
- Minions doesn't follow you in town or between map areas with a loading screen.
- Pure Melee combat
- Gear is very specific, and sometimes expensive.
- Completely gear dependant.
- No disable/stuns etc.
- Counteracts with infernal blows character (mobs will be dominated, and won't explode)
- Hardly playable with heavy frost casters (double totem ice spear etc...), as mobs will shatter and not get dominated.
- Not for girls bwahaha.
- He is not a templar, god damn it !

The build and the explanation :

Requirements
- Facebreaker Strapped Mitts with 950%+ bonus to unarmed combat.
- Meginords Girdle
- 2 Iron rings at start.
- Balls. Yes. Sometimes you will need them to run into packs.

Unarmed combat is really special, because no passive really buffs it (Except attack speed boost). Melee Physical damage does it, indeed, but the 10% gained represents an very small amount, compared to the 1000% of facebreaker.

So basically, the strength of the unarmed build is that we need nothing. Let's get hp and resistance everywhere then !

Build at level 20
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7ayqcql82VnzwBqQVaeEGjg=

Pretty common start for HC builds. Rush Resolute technique, then go up to the templar tree for more HP.

Build at level 40
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7ayqcql82VnzwBqQVaeEGjjsODrYTdiePIx2gW8EswJx8B-iAMT2PC3Grrc-eriuk26qPycqTRUgX5hZbR2-

Finish to get the hp and regen nodes on templar tree, then get the increased skill effect duration passives, your minion must last the longest they can to serve you well.

Build at level 60
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7cT2rKo8LXKpWfPGrnzZwBq3Pv4KZp6QVXq48kWplaeErpPnY3B9UWAaOLXybqpPfew4qW4_J4BWOth4DSpNTdi-ihUgnjyMdgHcX5iBb6QZWW0Esxv6Hb7wHwJxJd-iAITZZU1uaUd-vqerxUGHgsfT-6h9WpE=

After running into cruel and the beginning of merciless, resistance on shield will be your best allies then get your Master of the Arena. Finally, takes hp nodes and some minions buffs.

Regarding dominated monsters : They count as minions and there are on the road a few buffs for minions, hp and damage. We will take them like every other summoner does.

And finally, we have to take the skill effect duration passives relatively early on, so that our minions last a long time.

About minion instability : I fought with it a long time, but minion instability is bad for 2 reasons :
- It kills your precious minions at 35% hp, instead of 0
- The area of effect of the passive is too small, doesn't work vs ranged, and prevent you from dominating more monsters.

Total
Keystone

Resolute Technique: Your hits can't be Evaded
Resolute Technique: Never deal Critical Strikes

Stats

+340 to Strength
+90 to Dexterity
+120 to Intelligence

Life

283% increased maximum Life
5.4% of Life Regenerated per Second
+60 to maximum Life
Minions have 50% increased maximum Life

Mana

8% increased maximum Mana

Physical Damage

8% increased Melee Physical Damage

Resistance

+25% to all Elemental Resistances
+5% to maximum Fire Resistance
+5% to maximum Cold Resistance
+5% to maximum Lightning Resistance

Attack Speed

27% increased Attack Speed

Armour

96% increased Armour
32% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
Ignore all Movement Penalties from Armour

Energy Shield

44% increased maximum Energy Shield

Critical Strike

You take 30% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes

Shield Block

7% additional Shield Block Chance

Minion

Minions deal 105% increased Damage
Minions have 50% increased Life

Misc

35% increased Defences from equipped Shield
45% increased Skill Effect Duration
30% increased Effect of Buffs on You
+2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range
+1 to Maximum number of Spectres

Credits to Exile Pro Build Summary

The skills :

- Dominating Blow + Increased duration + Blood magic + Speed Attacks (+Life leech) (+ Rarity/Quantity/Fire damage/Minion life).

= One 80 seconds, 250% Damage Minion with 200% Life and attacking at 150% speed over the original. Happy, now ? No ? Ok, let's put some auras on it, then.

- Grace + Anger + Wrath + Reduced cost + Blood magic (change your bm/reduce cost gems smartly to get those 3 auras on life for about 600 hp.)
- Haste + Purity + Hatred + Reduce cost

- Raise Spectres : A nice spell, which gives you sligthly weaker minions, but they last indefinitely, and can travel between areas (good for chaining maps !)

- Enfeeble : A really good curse, letting your minion live (and you, by the way :D), when fight is hard.
- If you don't have a 5L (and not enough life leech support), you can take Warlord's mark : You will need the life leech to attack with dominating blow/bm. Or maybe you could control the thug in the pools and streams who will cast it for you ? =)
- Keep a frenzy/manaleech somewhere, if the mob has really a bunch of hp and you don't have tons of minions.

- Rest is utilities : Lightning warp/ Skeletotem/ Rejuvenation totem/ Frostwall etc...

Remarks
- For first levels, build a common 2 hand marauder, until level 16 with infernal blow, or wait dominating blow at level 24.
- At the begining, with the appropriated stuff you will one shot everything until merciless. First increased duration, then bm, then faster attacks (when your mobs will hit 100 times harder than you and you will play with the 0.5 second debuff, explained below)
- At the begining, you won't have all the auras of course. Focus on Hatred (directly depends on you physical damage output) and Wrath (for shocks)

How to play it effectively :

- Throw a prayer to God.
- Laugh at your team mates and explain them that they are cowards, because you can fulfill your duty without any weapons and even mobs turn against each other in front of your godly presence.
- Watch your army begin the Judgement Day.

Uups.

- When you have no mob, be cautious, attract only a few mobs, dominate it/them and try to make your army grow quickly.
- When facing a pack, focus OP mobs. OP mobs are the monster that are such a pain in the ass for you, but will become double painful for the enemies and will completely destroy the area once you dominate them.
These mobs are :
Spoiler
- Act 1 : Rhoas ++++, Scavengers +, Goatmen ++, Ghosts +
- Act 2 : Cobras ++++, Snipers ++, Rolling Golems +++, Constructs +++, Ape Chieftains +
- Act 3 : Voidbearers ++++, Blackguards Mage and Elite ++, OP Sexy Miniguns (oh wait) ++++, Lightning/Fire Ribbons ++, Alchemists +++
- Special Mention for Burned Miscreations (not enough stars ^^, which are the most OP mobs you can dominate. They have so much HP and when they cast Righteous fire, just move on and see the packs burn and melt.

- Move on, let your army finish the job, keep getting some new recruits :D

What you need to know about dominating blow :

Spoiler
- It's the funniest spell ever created. If you still doubt it, test it !
- You don't have to get the killing blow on the mob to dominate it. Actually there is a 0.50 second debuff on the mob after the hit. If it got killed during the time, it will be dominated. Direct conclusion is that with 2 attacks per second, you are almost sure to dominate the monster, whoever killed it.
- Quality is extremely recommended on dominating blow, as it increases the duration of domination.
- Supported with incresed duration and the passives, domination can last more than 80 seconds.
- Combat support gem on dominating blow affects the attack skill directly, and the minions dominated : Faster Attack increases minions AS by more than 40%, for example !
- Gaining control on yellow aura monsters or totem will grant you this : http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Monster_Auras . This is the big funny part of this build. As you can see, those auras are completely overpowered, and no risks that someone else in team already has it =)
- By the way, with the invicible aura, you can still use your life in blood magic with 1 hp without dying :D
- Monster usually teleports to you when you get about 1,5 screen from it. You can use this ability to create a "monster bomb" (running behind a pack to tp all your mobs on the pack)

The stuff :

Big part, as it's the stuff that will make the build possible, but theorically simple though. Besides Facebreaker and Meginords wich are absolutely necessary, you will need :
- 2 High added physical damage rings, with attack speed/resistance/hp/mana
- 1 High added physical damage amulet, with stats/hp/mana
- High block shield. I have been using Crest of perandus until lvl 70 (3% lifeleech, 70 hp, 40% block), And now i wield Lioneye's remorse, for example.
- Rest of the gear will depends on what you lack (mainly HP/Resists/Mana/armor/Movement speed)
- Flasks : High Regen Life, Instant life, Life leech Amethist, Armored Granite, Speed Quicksilver.

Regarding the bandits : Help Oak, Help Oak, Kill them all (or Help for Kraytin Frenzy Charge).

Criticisms, Advices or Upgrades are welcome !

Regards,

EvrySingleOnes.

To do :
Spoiler
- Add more awesome videos
- Discuss MI, Flasks, Bandits rewards.
- Discuss Fox Shade, Dareso's courage, Ezomyte Peak, Quivers.
- Discuss best utilities.
-

Actual Stuff :
Spoiler

P.S. : Sorry for my awful english.

Spoiler
Thank you Storm3 for the Cruel Oak reward test.
IGN - Elyzim
Last edited by PinkPingPenguin on Apr 12, 2013, 10:49:17 AM
Questions/Answers :

Q : Why use unarmed ?
Spoiler
- It's fun, it's manly, it's rough, it's awesome.
- Actually, getting unarmed allows you to wield a shield and to have the dps of a common 2 handed marau. Therefore, you need nothing in the passive tree to gain dps, so you can increase your defense as much as you want, whereas weapon user would probably put points in their weapon damage boost.

Q : Isn't it a bit slow with zero AoE ?
Spoiler
It completely depends on the mobs you dominate. And precisely, on the movement speed of the dominated monsters. A 10 Rhoas Charge is the best Aoe of this game. Or worse. A 5 Cinder Golem rolling charge. Or a band of poison alchemists, tranforming the area into a biologic weapon test encampement. Though with a bunch of drowned or crabs, you will indeed lack aoe.

That's exactly why you must focus the "op mobs" like explained above.

Q : When do you use Frenzy ?
Spoiler
Basically, at lower level, the initial combo was to spam frenzy, using the physical bonus for frenzy only, which had more dps than DB, and finish the mob with DB.

After putting faster attack on DB and a life leech source, those tendancies changed. You could still use frenzy when you need mana right now (linked with mana leech), or when you have to kill a meatshield mob, using the attack speed bonus of frenzy charges for db.

Q : Why don't you use Raise Spectre, according they would fit well in the build ?
Spoiler
Compared to DB mobs, spectres are just trash, they don't hit hard, they are weak, and if you do it on a elite or rare monster, it will downgrade it, which is really really sad. Though it's a good spell vs corpse exploders.

Q : Does this build scale with End Game content ?
Spoiler
I think it will scale late game because :
- Until maps lvl 70 i've never had any huge problem, for now, from my personnal experience
- You control mobs of the area, and at high level they do the dps for you. It means it will necessarily scale with late game as the higher difficulty you get, the higher level and strength the monsters you dominate are.
- About the character scaling, it will be limited by the phys dmg suffix on rigns/amy, indeed. But for now it's ok for me, and there is still a suffix tier at ilvl 74, and I think it would be enough !

Q : Will Sidhebreath Unique Amulet boost the dps of the dominated monster ?
Spoiler
Yes it will !

But with sidebreath equipped you will do a lot less dps since you are not wearing a +physical damage amulet. If it's possible to play with this loss of dps though, it would really be a great improvement thanks to the minions movment speed bonus on it !
IGN - Elyzim
Last edited by PinkPingPenguin on Mar 4, 2013, 3:46:49 AM
i have a 14 qual dominating blow if anyone wants it for whatever price

ign: Killboars
Keep it and try the build ! :D
IGN - Elyzim
looks fun
So, Maybe i'm not seeing the exact reason why. But why use unarmed?
Well I haven't tried this build but I watched your video and I can safely say that looked freaking awesome.
Isn't its a little bit slow with zero aoe? Somehow from video,i feel your dominated mobs not dealing damage but just being meatshields. Looking for more info,it would be my new fav build! :)
When you use Fenzy?

Please post how you play in different situations.

Thank you!
"
Painless611 wrote:
So, Maybe i'm not seeing the exact reason why. But why use unarmed?

Hey, there are 2 main reasons :

- It's fun, it's manly, it's rough, it's awesome.
- Actually, getting unarmed allows you to wield a shield and to have the dps of a common 2 handed marau. Therefore, you need nothing in the passive tree to gain dps, so you can increase your defense as much as you want, whereas weapon user would probably put points in their weapon damage boost.

"
storm3 wrote:
Isn't its a little bit slow with zero aoe? Somehow from video,i feel your dominated mobs not dealing damage but just being meatshields. Looking for more info,it would be my new fav build! :)

It completely depends on the mobs you dominate. And precisely, on the movement speed of the dominated monsters. A 10 Rhoas Charge is the best Aoe of this game. Or worse. A 5 Cinder Golem rolling charge. Or a band of poison alchemists, tranforming the area into a biologic weapon test encampement. Though with a bunch of drowned or crabs, you will indeed lack aoe.

That's exactly why you must focus the "op mobs" like explained above.

"
ikzorn1 wrote:
When you use Fenzy?

Please post how you play in different situations.

Thank you!

Hi,

I used to play a lot with frenzy at lower level, when there was still no blood magic gem on dominating blow but it was still costing an arm in mana to cast. Basically the initial combo was to spam frenzy, using the physical bonus for frenzy only, which had more dps than DB, and finish the mob with DB.

After putting faster attack on DB and a life leech source, those tendancies changed. I still use frenzy when I need mana right now (linked with mana leech), or when I have to kill a meatshield mob, using the attack speed bonus of frenzy charges for db.

Else, I'll try to upload other videos of different examples, like in lunaris temple, or a common dock run.

Thanks for questions and feedbacks !

IGN - Elyzim
Last edited by PinkPingPenguin on Mar 1, 2013, 5:55:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info