[3.2] Spectral Shield Throw - Gladiator - Pure Phys

Ah very good point! i had read it as physical damage rather than melee, lol

i have also changed the starting point from the accuracy/attack speed to the phys points, as it was more damage on PoB + we dont use accuracy with resolute!
"
bastimars wrote:
So I worked on that all day and that is what I think could be very interesting:

Tree:

Build:

I took a lot of ideas from you, Baerendude.
But I took a lot of bleeding in the skill Tree.
I get a good DPS and so the bleeding damage is interesting. With Crimson Dance I can apply 280% the base damage dealt by SST.

I agree that you have to switch between Fork and Slower projectile.

If you see something stupid in the tree, tell me because even if I spent all day on it, It's the first time I theorise a build.

something like this was also one of my thoughts. But i think, that cromson dance is only worth against bosses. Otherwise packs mostly are dying to fast. Thats the samethought i got, when i thought abaout pushing bleeding dmg. Thats the reason i only picked the 30% phys dmg passive on the left bottom side. I think you are missing to much life if you dont go deeper into the tree to get Constitiution and all the %life passives.
Last edited by Manabaerchen on Mar 9, 2018, 3:26:48 AM
"
baerendude wrote:
"
bastimars wrote:

Tree:

Build:

I get a good DPS and so the bleeding damage is interesting. With Crimson Dance I can apply 280% the base damage dealt by SST.

If you see something stupid in the tree, tell me because even if I spent all day on it, It's the first time I theorise a build.

something like this was also one of my thoughts. But i think, that cromson dance is only worth against bosses. Otherwise packs mostly are dying to fast. Thats the samethought i got, when i thought abaout pushing bleeding dmg. Thats the reason i only picked the 30% phys dmg passive on the left bottom side. I think you are missing to much life if you dont go deeper into the tree to get Constitiution and all the %life passives.

I checked your tree. You are right. I get slightly more life and even a little bit more of dps. Very neat!
Although be careful about resistances, you might want to take Diamond skin or even Cloth and Chain :)
"
bastimars wrote:

I checked your tree. You are right. I get slightly more life and even a little bit more of dps. Very neat!
Although be careful about resistances, you might want to take Diamond skin or even Cloth and Chain :)

As long as you take Auromvorax as a weapon you should be fine with elemental resistances. at lvl70+ you should get good resitances out of the rings, on top if you can grab a good iron ring or steel ring you'll get nice dps boost as well.
Oh Thank you man for creating this thread/build so we can all discuss here about SST with phys / bleed damage.

I started the league with the idea to bring SST to the shaper! I'm lvl 81 atm.
Maybe there are some good unique not discovered yet that we could use! who knows???
about end game shield, what do you think about The Anticipation/The Surrender ?

I'll keep an eye on this thread!

Now with your Skill Tree I got an idea.
You have more than enough life. You could just get 2x Le Heup of All, Iron Ring. Adds just enough resistances, damage and even intelligence.

So if you use the Impresence, Onyx Amulet, you should be able to use Blasphemy + Vunerability. It adds a very good dps.

Based on this Skill tree Baerendude provided:.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.2.0/AAAABAQCANlhW69sRtwn_EvNmGhltfIvzF85my2S9zIJ974aVYIHivBfPwSH705I7ryfNui2ij0Avqewq2zYMk7Eghm0PeKezS5TwYLbTyW8bzvqYvKcL9fiLNN-RmmKs_JBrY2mV03j8kV67311XhMUTU1GwBrp1e96IOPTb6TCt7b-j2LseTlDMTpSvnjzmwaL9qMaPu8OFCDYvX7ik6gJMw482sEVII-ZGJEyfjGebpdybODDLYPRNqluBS1hITrhfNnSIcC__roB53XLV1SnMECg_go1ko1-z37qGHgNgZu741cN3Q34Aniudqx07dl8FHXfvxx19zLEolivhO8=

I just added Hard Knocks which gives +30 intelligence.
Last edited by bastimars on Mar 9, 2018, 8:32:51 AM
"
I started the league with the idea to bring SST to the shaper! I'm lvl 81 atm.
Maybe there are some good unique not discovered yet that we could use! who knows???
about end game shield, what do you think about The Anticipation/The Surrender ?

Just take Lioneye's Remorse or Magna Eclipsis

I personally will go for Magna Eclipsis which will add +2 lvl to Blasphemy and Vulnerability
Last edited by bastimars on Mar 9, 2018, 8:41:11 AM
Thanks so much everyone for all of the comments! I've seen some other builds and passives on here, and I think it's awesome we're all trying to figure this skill out xD

I've personally found that trying to scale the bleed damage of this build is relatively hard, and takes a lot of our "punch" away. That being said, if you prefer to do that, then by all means do it! It's hard to figure out what's a damage increase and what's not when you've just got the passive tree to work with. I've spent like 30c worth of regrets trying stuff that didn't feel as good as what I've got now xD

It's a new skill, so keep it coming! More info is always better. That being said, here's my path of building. I updated it with my new gear and my new flasks. I'll be updating my guide as well today, and including a bunch of the info that you guys have shared with me. https://pastebin.com/RU9t6gEd

Also, I love unique shields, but I think for damage purposes a rare rolled with 2k+ armor is definitely the way to go here, although way more expensive. If any of you guys are using one of the two unique shields mentioned above, feel free to share how it's going for you!

Thanks again guys, and keep the comments coming!! :D <3
"
psdoug315 wrote:
Thanks so much everyone for all of the comments! I've seen some other builds and passives on here, and I think it's awesome we're all trying to figure this skill out xD

I've personally found that trying to scale the bleed damage of this build is relatively hard, and takes a lot of our "punch" away. That being said, if you prefer to do that, then by all means do it! It's hard to figure out what's a damage increase and what's not when you've just got the passive tree to work with. I've spent like 30c worth of regrets trying stuff that didn't feel as good as what I've got now xD

It's a new skill, so keep it coming! More info is always better. That being said, here's my path of building. I updated it with my new gear and my new flasks. I'll be updating my guide as well today, and including a bunch of the info that you guys have shared with me. https://pastebin.com/RU9t6gEd

Also, I love unique shields, but I think for damage purposes a rare rolled with 2k+ armor is definitely the way to go here, although way more expensive. If any of you guys are using one of the two unique shields mentioned above, feel free to share how it's going for you!

Thanks again guys, and keep the comments coming!! :D <3

since i dont have a lot chaos to buy a good shield nor having luck to find a good one i am using lioneye's remorse and i am happy with it, yet.
i hope i'll get a good rare shield soon. My Lioneye's Remorse has

Lioneye's Remorse
Pinnacle Tower Shield
--------
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Chance to Block: 30% (augmented)
Armour: 1616 (augmented)
--------
Sockets: R-G-R
--------
+27 to maximum Life
226% increased Armour
+162 to maximum Life
5% reduced Movement Speed
20% increased Stun and Block Recovery
-25 Physical Damage taken from Projectile Attacks
+5% Chance to Block
"
bastimars wrote:

Tree:

Build:

Thanks so much for working all day on this (I know how long it takes, it's kind of crazy!) and you've got some great ideas! Something to be careful of in PoB is making sure you're staying realistic with gear (keeping resists and life up) and also staying realistic with passives and Gems. Lvl 20, 20 quality is gonna look way better than what you'll have.

I took your link and broke it down with the correct gems, and I looked up your suggested items and it would cost 7-9 ex just to get your uniques xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info