[3.3] CHAOS-FIRE-INQUISITOR | feat. Magma Orb - All Content incl. UBER ELDER! Budget friendly!

"
GornoDD wrote:
"
"
Bibibabibu wrote:
Hey thanks for the quick reply!

I think you misread my question though. I was asking what your thoughts are for hierophant magma orb totems vs self-cast magma orb inquisitor :p

4-5 totems casting magma orb could possibly be the laggiest spec anybody has ever suggested. If you're playing on a space-ship you should definitely try it and show us the video.

I think it would be a quite fun spec to try. The new hierophant is interesting. I did make a magma orb totem chieftain some time ago with tukohamas and it was kinda tough to get really good damage. You should take your time PoB to flesh out the ideas first

On paper the damage potential is actually pretty nuts but it suffers from the problem that the totems won't pre-cast magma orbs during boss invuln phases, which is a pretty significant problem for a gloomfang build.

edit: will totems shoot at worms? Maybe with good timing you could use a worm flask to make them pre-fire.

edit2: tested it, totems will shoot at worms
Last edited by magicrectangle on Mar 11, 2018, 4:10:54 PM
"
GornoDD wrote:
"
bdplaya wrote:
Is magma orb + gloomfang still working? Because I reached lvl 77 and gloom its not adding the chaos damage. Is this a bug or nerf. Cause if this is true build is dead.

Its not adding the chaos damage to your tooltip dps. The chaos is added the further your ball bounces, adding 20% each bounce. At 6 chains the ball does 120% more damage. So you want to stand the furthest away from your target so you can hit them with the last bounces. Also the final ones have massive AOE from the Inevitability Threshold jewels. A good indicator are the purple explosions when the chaos damage is dealing the killing blow.

How do you explain the chaos damage that appears in your pictures of the build ? The tooltip clearly states the damage being added. Even in your pastebin the damage is there
What about doing this but on Trickster?
More chaos dmg = more leech?
and Patient reaper should help with life and mana sustain, at least while mapping.
Is this viable or is Inquisitor way better?
How can i craft a weapon lik this? i mean its rear but only have one mod (shaper).
"
Kelpou wrote:
How can i craft a weapon lik this? i mean its rear but only have one mod (shaper).

Get a base and annul it
One thing I'm still confused about: The shaped sceptre gives 20% of ele as chaos, and the gloomfang gives another 20% of NON-CHAOS as chaos. That means the extra dmg given by the sceptre is not scaled by gloomfang? We potentially can have more spell damage/fire damage on the weapon to scale with gloomfang without the shaper mod, what makes this sceptre a better option?
Can this work on a lighter budget? I feel like the claw build is a much cheaper solution to destroy end game content even though this is only slightly quicker. How well does this function without an elder ring and a 6 socket? As opposed to the other build that can do it with 3 sockets :)
Is it okay to use level 8 warlords mark or should I go for the level 12?
"
Yhtomitn64 wrote:
Is it okay to use level 8 warlords mark or should I go for the level 12?

8 is alright
I am pretty much set as well with the exception of the chest. I haven't even though about crafting it yet. Did you just chaos spam it?

Here is my gear so far:

Last edited by gundorf on Mar 13, 2018, 8:52:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info