[3.3] CHAOS-FIRE-INQUISITOR | feat. Magma Orb - All Content incl. UBER ELDER! Budget friendly!

what about the red dream for jewel with high budget ?
So I saw your build and that there are a few methods of acquiring +1 curse like the ring or boots. From what I can see, the build uses mana leech for most of its mana sustain, so I decided that losing 50% mana regen was an acceptable loss and bought a +1 curse 18% gloomfang (4.5% damage loss to free up a ring is a win for both survivability and damage). My current thought is to use a fire damage rolled opal. Long term, maybe get a fire damage+fire dmg to spell elder opal if I really like the build.

Next consideration: +1 active skill gem/+1.5 spell crit chests are basically unable to be procured on bestiary SC at the moment, but on the other hand loreweave is an amazing chest for this build. 50% global crit and 50% elemental damage on a build that only has about 400-500% increased damage makes the chest a 10-20% damage increase while also having a 20% reduction in incoming elemental damage.

Second consideration: I know that consistency is very valuable and for most situations is probably better, but for boss killing you can gain about 20% damage by swapping inc Crit Chance for controlled destruction, and still maintain around a 70-75% Crit Chance with your diamond flask up- I’m part of the cult that believes any base Crit Chance above 50% is overkill due to how strong diamond flasks are.

Last consideration: 20/20 HoA is around 17% more damage, and provides a potential increase in clear speed. If you replace clarity with HoA in your aura links, it’s about a wash, and all you lose is something like 30 mana regen when you should be around 300 mana leech for hitting things. Obviously I’ll have to play with this to see how it feels, but I have to imagine this would feel better. It’s possible that I might end up substituting in a laviagnas in place of the mana flask. But we start getting into a “how do we deal with ele status effects” with so many unique flasks. TBD- atleast we are ranged.

Anyways Your other build was very successful for me and is letting me fund a second build with basically whatever I want- and I’ve been trying to play magma orb for awhile but my last attempt was mines and was unsuccessful (and it was before gloomfang because a common drop.) I’m hoping to start this build after I farm a dying sun off shaper :D
Last edited by Varek on Mar 15, 2018, 11:31:05 AM
I didn't look through all of the comments so I don't know if someone else has already asked about it.
But does the new loreweave unique give any good ideas to anyone? I wanna use it haha.
I feel like it’s pretty disrespectful to ask people for the answer to a question when you won’t even look through the last few pages- the unique was only recently released...and the post above yours literally talks about it.
Great build so far, good combination of clear speed and single target while only needing to change one gem if you want.
Just a couple considerations for budget and leveling that really helps.

1. Allira needs a bit more respect. MoM crit builds are made for her. Level 3 clarity+20 multi+45 res. I dropped clarity while levelling for HoA. Once you have some currency you can easily respec but for budget or league starter i think she's preferable
2. Flame totem. Synergy with magma while leveling is perfect. I threw it in a tabula as the 6th gem slot and it acts as a 60% more dmg. Totem doubles as a decoy to some degree and benefits from GMP/Slower for boss swaps.
It doesn't benefit from echo+conc later but it's still pulling its weight in act6
Fast clearing, low def, mid dmg on bosses 8-10ex cost build\ 92 lvl
=(
Last edited by GolovaLOshadi on Mar 16, 2018, 2:59:36 AM
I swapped my league starter Dark Pact totem build over to something close to this. I haven't used clarity at all and I don't have Alira. I've just been playing it like a normal leech build.

I am doing my equipment a bit differently, but I don't have it all crafted / bought yet.
For starters
"
GolovaLOshadi wrote:
=(

+1
"
zirtech wrote:
"
GolovaLOshadi wrote:
=(

+1

Im working on improving the defenses as I write this. Im currently trying out diffrent things to make the way leading up to level 94 much smoother, as well as making the endgame more comfy as well. The true tankyness of this build pretty much only becomes noticeable when getting to high level with items that a are a bit beyond just "starter gear". This is about to change.

Regarding the dmg I dont know what you would consider "mid dmg". calling 3-6 mil single target damage "mid". There are actually only a few builds that go beyond 10mil and even fewer that surpass 15mil. There are ofc some that even have even higher dmg. But the majority (and I mean about 90%) is ALOT lower than 3-6mil.

And I wouldnt even call the clear very fast. But In all my builds I strife for finding a balance between all aspects of poe-gameplay.

Thanks for another great build gorno :* Really enjoying it so far. It definitely feels much better to play the more I gear it. Sadly I don't see myself getting elreon 8 for the weap (lag too much to party and do rotations), and not really finding much loot so I cant afford to upgrade much.
Last edited by Bibibabibu on Mar 16, 2018, 6:53:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info