[3.3] CHAOS-FIRE-INQUISITOR | feat. Magma Orb - All Content incl. UBER ELDER! Budget friendly!

Can you share your thoughts on Inquisitor vs Assassin for this build? I also noticed that your gems are somewhat different than Mathils' build, would love to hear why.

Still trying to decide between this build, Mathil's version, and your elemental inquisitor molten strike....

Fantastic guides by the way, thank you for investing that time and effort!
"
saxisa wrote:
Can you share your thoughts on Inquisitor vs Assassin for this build? I also noticed that your gems are somewhat different than Mathils' build, would love to hear why.

Still trying to decide between this build, Mathil's version, and your elemental inquisitor molten strike....

Fantastic guides by the way, thank you for investing that time and effort!

Inquis has the option to focus much more on defenses life Evasion, Acrobatics, MoM and get away with less investment into Offensens while maintaining the same amounts of damage.

For elemental builds the ignoring of resistances with "Inevitable Judgement" makes this possible.

"
falxes wrote:
I would like to try this build but, Do you need a really good pc to manage a lot of magma balls?

My rig is a gtx 1060, with i5 processor. Nothing super special. I can play on maximum setting with 60fps while rolling with Magma Orb MTX on GMP. If you leave out the MTX you get much better frames, and its less stressful for the eyes.

"
Yoluun wrote:
Doing this as my league starter. So far so smooth, lvl 54. Warlords mark at the moment doesn't allow me to face tank yet; the leech doesn't seem high, and the aura size is quite small. Hopefully this will be solved later on with boot enchants, and finally elder ring.

Im leveling the build too. I aim to kill uber-elder this league. This build isnt really made for pure facetanking for three reasons.

First reason is that you can in theory facetank quite alot of stuff but you will eventuelly run to low mana and cant continue casting if youre running MoM. Also the leechs isnt quite good enough to stand in stuff like shaper beam etc.

The second reason is that you want to fire balls always from max-range at targets to get the maximum damage from Gloomfang.

The third and most important reasons is, that you do so much damage that you wont need to facetank alot if you play it correctly. If you maxrange guardians and shaper you will drop them so fast that facetanking isnt really necessary at all. Uber Izaro gets instagibbed once hes fully emerged.

"
dpkmon wrote:
Love your armour set, which one is it?

Its the Evil-Gandalf look. Pretty much full Scholar-Set from the most recent supporter packs. Hooded Cloak. Augyre Sceptre as skin transfer. Light of Lunaris Shield skin transfer. Abyssal Imp Weapon Effect from the Abyss supporter packs (no longer available). Bone Aura Character Effect. Magma Orb MTX and Clarity MTX.
Awesome Build. I thought with some chaos dmg and leech I would try this build out as an Occultist. Here is my theory build https://pastebin.com/9YK6rW0S. I will be playing it this season. Wish me luck lol.
Well i checked the videos,and since i don't know the ~ total cost of gear used in these kills,dunno but i have a feeling that single target seems no near your MS build single target.
Map clear speed is superior and fun,but if compare to Frost blades that many was using in MS build for mapping,its mb even slower.
Survivability about the same as MS.(About 1k-1.5k less total HP same evasion+enfee,but some damage mitigated by MoM.)

That's not my final predict,just a first impression by video, compared to your MS build(That i played a lot in Abyss).
Mb with some better items,it will be even stronger.

Also there is no any possible option to build it on ES instead of life?
Because since we not using Claw with +46 life on hit in this build we not getting that extra sustain.
Last edited by FreshMeat93 on Mar 3, 2018, 4:45:12 PM
"
FreshMeat93 wrote:

Because since we not using Claw with +46 life on hit in this build we not getting that extra sustain.

Im new to builds and used this build as a template for an occultist es build above your post. I'm thinking it should have enough sustain. With the Occultist Es Passives as well as life leech to ES. Let me know what you think.
I am trying the build and i have so much fun once we get past lvl 38.

that said, i noticed that this build is severely lacking in term of leech for sustain in early league. how do you manage this?
"
FreshMeat93 wrote:
Well i checked the videos,and since i don't know the ~ total cost of gear used in these kills,dunno but i have a feeling that single target seems no near your MS build single target.
Map clear speed is superior and fun,but if compare to Frost blades that many was using in MS build for mapping,its mb even slower.
Survivability about the same as MS.(About 1k-1.5k less total HP same evasion+enfee,but some damage mitigated by MoM.)

That's not my final predict,just a first impression by video, compared to your MS build(That i played a lot in Abyss).
Mb with some better items,it will be even stronger.

The single target needs to be measured against what type of gear your using. Getting a spellcaster like this to deal about 4-6mil dps has MUUUUCH needs much lower investment. OFC attack based builds have much higher top-end scaling. My standard Inquis character has gear worth about 250ex. My Morb Inquis total combined cost is more like ~12ex. Both pretty much end each shaper phase quite fast. Its a diffrence in seconds.

I did the comparison to what the average dedicated player will achieve during a league. If you invest 20000 Ex fully mirrored gear into the Molten Strike build, it will deal about 20 times the damage. At 12ex the magma orb build does quite a bit more.

"
xxzagxx wrote:
I am trying the build and i have so much fun once we get past lvl 38.

that said, i noticed that this build is severely lacking in term of leech for sustain in early league. how do you manage this?

The build really is a slow-burner at the start. It will get MUUUUUUUCH better once you get gloomfang (wich has 0.5 life leech from chaos damage) and especially the elder ring (wich curses even target 4 screens away). At first your Enfeeble + Warlords mark has about melee range, wich really sucks quite hard. Everything seem kinda slow and halfbad at first but once it starts coming together it really turns out quite beautiful. Also your damage gets ALOT better once you have all ascendecies (especially inevitable judgement).

I play the build myself to evaluate the leveling process and later kill Uber Elder in the league.

Last edited by GornoDD on Mar 4, 2018, 1:26:40 AM
One thing I'm struggling with at really low level (level 14) is attacking something that's right on top of me. The magma orb just bounces away and is hard to hit something that's close. Is there a trick to it or is this going to continue due to the mechanics of magma orb? It's pretty painful single target right now if they are on top of you and attacking.
"
saxisa wrote:
One thing I'm struggling with at really low level (level 14) is attacking something that's right on top of me. The magma orb just bounces away and is hard to hit something that's close. Is there a trick to it or is this going to continue due to the mechanics of magma orb? It's pretty painful single target right now if they are on top of you and attacking.

Yeah its a bit of an issue at the start. You can for leveling also pick up Amplify at the start of the leveling tree for more AoE. Later this becomes a non-issue once you get more AoE. This build is pretty much a slow-burner for a long time. But patience will be rewarded.
I'm a big fan of your elemental claw inquisitor (using that as my league starter this time) and very tempted to try this but the essential equipment-the elder ring-seems way out of reach for a starter budget build. In Bestiary the only one up for trade is three exalts, and even in standard the minimum is one exalt.

Probably be a league end experiment for me once I'm rich.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info