[3.9] Frostblades Assassin SSF Viable. 1M+ DPS w/ Budget gear! League starter! Insane Clear Speed

Hello

I really enjoy this build but... Well, Im not pro player and I have problems with survivability.

71 lvl
3.3k hp
elemental res 75%
chaos res -33%
estimated phys dmg reduction 6%
estimated chance to evade attacks 12%

is this a bad idea to take Acrobatics node? What should I aim for now? Dps is nice, I have never clear maps that fast before... But some rare mobs or map bossed kill me easy - my life leech is not enough... Please give me any advice
"
Mistgun44 wrote:
Hello

I really enjoy this build but... Well, Im not pro player and I have problems with survivability.

71 lvl
3.3k hp
elemental res 75%
chaos res -33%
estimated phys dmg reduction 6%
estimated chance to evade attacks 12%

is this a bad idea to take Acrobatics node? What should I aim for now? Dps is nice, I have never clear maps that fast before... But some rare mobs or map bossed kill me easy - my life leech is not enough... Please give me any advice

More levels and aim for more life on gear and on the tree. 3.3K is really low for level 71.

"
exslarko wrote:
i cant didnt get any frenzy charges i got all the nodes from the soul raker wheel can u help me please? :/

Touch of anguishs give frenzies on kill
Last edited by Reloads on Jun 16, 2019, 11:42:10 AM
Been using a 300+ PDPS rare claw and bloodseeker with Rage support + Berserk and its working pretty well compared to before, currently oneshotting mobs in tier 8-10 and my only problem right now is low life (4.1k) and having mediocre yellow items.
"
SirTravis wrote:
"
JaymerJaymer wrote:
what good does it do to base a build on two Claws that you cannot get.
a G-G-R claw is 1 ex
if you sub that out, then maybe lose Frenzy.
that changes other stuff in the tree and gems that use Frenzy.

at Lvl 73 now - what a mess

When you literally need your hand held at every step. I chromed both of my claws to G-G-R and G-R-R with 50 chromes... rip the guy spending 1 ex

U can just use only 4 chrome as well with a bunch of jeweller orb. Its pretty easy to get off color socket once you know how to do it.
With recent changes to damage and melee I find this build unplayable. I had damage at about 16k when started mapping.
build is fun as long as you mostly oneshot map mobs (as are most builds), but lacks a lot in single target, especially for shaper and the guardians - even with ruthless.

i've cleared the atlas, killed shaper and delved to ~240 now with "budgety" gear. i would estimate max. 1 ex in total, claws being about half of that at league start, boots with dodge for 5c, 20c for the 6l body + essences i found for crafting
further upgrades to come are a bit hard to find for this, mostly better rolled rings, amulet and gloves or gloves with curse on hit corruption I guess.
getting lvl 1 precision aura and tanky minions from herald of purity helps a lot.

i changed the tree and gear to my liking with dodge as main (and pretty much only) defensive layer aside from steelskin cwdt. hitting vaal grace puts me at capped 75%/75% dodge chance for legion packs usually, 50%/50% with only flask
the extra frenzy charges dont seem worth it compared to other nodes that give the same boost without having to cap frenzy first.

my POB if anyone wants to see: https://pastebin.com/YFTBJ4Mr

just wanted to leave this here as my feedback.

PS: i thought about changing this into a bit more tanky version as trickster with soul tether belt for overleech into ES, might see this through later.
This build imo is definitely NOT a league starter, spent about 1 ex so far on my gear, most of those was spent on taste of hate/double rare claws 300+ pdps and decent rings/amulets.

To anyone who's struggling with HP, I suggest buying a shaper's touch and using Le Heup of All ring as a budget ring for 1k+ HP boost, I also sacrificed fangs of frost for golem's blood on tree and removed any frenzy passives since I dont use touch of anguish anymore.

I also use multistrike now instead of rage support since its better in my opinion.
Last edited by Nekuuuuuu on Jun 16, 2019, 5:38:05 PM
Right now my grip is trying to get my starkonja to r-r-r-b ! i dont know how to do it efficiently and i dont have a lot of chromes right now.

Anyway im getting higher and higher in maps before i reroll in something more sustainable
"
Nekuuuuuu wrote:
This build imo is definitely NOT a league starter, spent about 1 ex so far on my gear, most of those was spent on taste of hate/double rare claws 300+ pdps and decent rings/amulets.

To anyone who's struggling with HP, I suggest buying a shaper's touch and using Le Heup of All ring as a budget ring for 1k+ HP boost, I also sacrificed fangs of frost for golem's blood on tree and removed any frenzy passives since I dont use touch of anguish anymore.

I also use multistrike now instead of rage support since its better in my opinion.

Touch of Anguish are basically free, why did you buy rare claws? You can easily fully gear this build out for around 30c. Belly of The Beast being by far the most expensive but you can get to red maps with a Rare 5 link. A 5 link belly costs around 40c though.

A budget path for this build is to get the required jewels, claws, 5 link Rare, proper gems and links on your gear. Targetting capped res and over 4k hp this should cost less than 30c. Then after that get your Belly and so on.

"
Ma23ck wrote:
Right now my grip is trying to get my starkonja to r-r-r-b ! i dont know how to do it efficiently and i dont have a lot of chromes right now.

Anyway im getting higher and higher in maps before i reroll in something more sustainable

It's just a four link, get it somewhere else if you can. Gloves or boots will be easier.
Last edited by Fizban140 on Jun 16, 2019, 11:30:44 PM
"
Nekuuuuuu wrote:

Usually I don't respond to these type of post because nothing of value is gained due to lack of the users ignorance on following a build guide. However this a whole new level. I don't understand how you thought buying rare claws that are worse than touch of anguishs is a good idea. I've said it many a times, touch of anguishs are the hardest claw to beat for this build. In order to get better DPS numbers, you'd need almost mirror tier worthy claws.

So in short, the reason it wasn't a league starter for you was because you just chose to ignore the guide and use a random roulette of selecting ideas.
Last edited by Reloads on Jun 17, 2019, 12:48:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info