[3.9] Frostblades Assassin SSF Viable. 1M+ DPS w/ Budget gear! League starter! Insane Clear Speed

Thoughts on Daresso's Salute as a mid-tier amulet? I was levelling with it but it carried me all the way to t16. The extra weapon range felt really good with frost blades.
Where is the curse on hit places. I don't see in the pathbuilding where is it placed
Where is leveling trees ? T_T
so this build still getting updated or so im lvl 59 just wanna make sure that im following it right
"
shroudb wrote:
"
JorDag wrote:
Sorry if this has already been asked, it's a large thread to dig through. What is the purpose of curse on hit here? I'm not seeing any skill in that link that would trigger it?

Heralds explosion triggers it.

On that note, on the same links:

Would ice bite or onslaught be better in place of hatred? (I can slot hatred alongside ice Golem and berserk on my claw)

Thank you!
"
shroudb wrote:
"
kennyhuangxy wrote:
new to POE here and i find this build very fun to start with.

for one thing i've been thinking, berserk gem on the weapon slot.. it does not activate rage (at least 5 rage to activate berserk), any seasoned veteran can tell me why berserk gem in the slot?
i cannot activate berserk.

ice-golem, double strike, berserk on weapon guide fyi.

rage support on the attack builds up rage.

blow up your built up rage with berserk for bosses

i cannot find any rage support in his POB guide, where does the support comes from? passive tree? ascendancy? items?

or do you mean replace one of the gem (preferably double strike) for rage support gem?

sorry but i'm still confuse why OP chose berserk gem when there is no rage support.. perhaps i miss out something (i'm new to POE).

EDIT: OK i found the rage support gem. thank you for your help!
Last edited by kennyhuangxy on Jun 17, 2019, 10:19:20 PM
"
Reloads wrote:
Build is updated. New skillgems. Acrobatics taken for newer players to reduce getting oneshot. Around 200-600K DPS increase. Taste of hate is the new BiS Chase item flask wise. If you can't afford it, use a diamond flask.

Examining the new PoB, I notice that a lot of things have changed, namely the passive tree, items and skill gems. Some things are amiss though, e.g. the required strength and intelligence are listed as 155 and 123 respectively, even though the gear only gives 93/100.

Is the PoB fully up-to-date or have I missed something? I'm still so new that I'd rather make sure before going on a shopping spree :p
question from new poe player here.

does gem order of arrangement affect dps output?

for example:

1) Frost Blades - Ancestral call - EDWA - rage - added cold dmg - Hypothermia

to

2) Ancestral call - EDWA - rage - Frost Blades - added cold dmg - Hypothermia

take frost blade as an example since it is the main dmg skill.
"
kennyhuangxy wrote:
question from new poe player here.

does gem order of arrangement affect dps output?

for example:

1) Frost Blades - Ancestral call - EDWA - rage - added cold dmg - Hypothermia

to

2) Ancestral call - EDWA - rage - Frost Blades - added cold dmg - Hypothermia

take frost blade as an example since it is the main dmg skill.

Gem order arrangement does not matter when it is sockted into your gear.
Not sure if this is good or not, but for me it helped to remove maximum frenzy charges from the tree (only got the one with linked 4 increased evasion per charge). For the extra skill points I got Phase Acrobatics = much more survivability. Now I rarely die with 4850 HP. So now I only got 4 frenzy charges + 4 power charges.

Still got 300k+ DPS in the ingame measurment when I use flasks on bosses = most things die instantly.

Also I got a stygian vise belt. Could be good for people without too much experience to change like I did I think to be able to get to lvl 90+ and to clear the T16 maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info