Development Manifesto: Ascendancy Changes

Last edited by Sinaranu on Sep 29, 2022, 2:29:57 AM
"
Well now that they are all done, take a bow GGG.
Awesome work overall (except elementalist which I don't yet understand).

Personally, here's hoping that:
(a) patch notes do not rain on this parade
(b) 3.2 fixes a lot of long-standing bugs
(c) Bestiary is free of bugs that are fundamental to the league (e.g. abyssal lich spawn rate)

Thanks for all the hard work.

I completely agree with all that :)
"
Well now that they are all done, take a bow GGG.
Awesome work overall (except elementalist which I don't yet understand).

6 golem better, than 5
Harsh RNG, fair trade is dead, botting everywhere, oneshot mechanic -=RIP=-
FYI, herald of ash looks goooooood:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2093185/page/1#p15303115
the best part is the file names.
Trickster, Harness the void : It means you got 45% to have a chaos damage boost and after that you can crit on it ?
Let's ruin necro and make scion OP. Yay for balance. Srsly i liked to play my cyclone/*put any random weak ass skill here) melee necromancer. Now it just forces you to go summoner or play another class. I'm hella sad about this.
"
Komunyashka wrote:
Let's ruin necro and make scion OP. Yay for balance. Srsly i liked to play my cyclone/*put any random weak ass skill here) melee necromancer. Now it just forces you to go summoner or play another class. I'm hella sad about this.

ascendant necro+other lets you get half an offering and choose another class to get their benefits. I feel the necro focuses on raising the dead, and fair enough, while the ascendant lets you branch out. Sure, it's not an easy 75/75 block with bone offering, but it's still good. Necro plus jugger gives you easy endurance charges for some good defence, saboteur gives blind chance ... sure it's not the same, but with work you can make it better :)

I took necro for bone offering, even though I was using a wand for kinetic blast and barrage. Instead, now I can take one of the two I just mentioned, or any of the ranger nodes, or a bunch of others. Sure, I have to work harder to get 75/75 block, and I don't get as much life when I do block, but I get another group of skills that will make my character feel cool.

If you want to play necro, well, expect to raise the dead, that's what a necromancer should do in a roleplaying game :)
Last edited by Wuffell on Feb 28, 2018, 3:19:30 AM
Jugg certainly worth to be trying as league starter, ascendant looks great too. Though im still disappointed with the path of on kill effects cuz they really have no use where it does matter.
Wan'na kill me? Do it faster!
If the way for balancing Ascendant is to follow up the general buff, it won't really change the overall picture will it?

These parameters are so weak within Ascendant when compared to other setups, this sucks.

Back to The Melee (Reaving Insight): view-thread/1240462
Fusion Skill Engineering: view-thread/1095291

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info