Development Manifesto: Ascendancy Changes

Go home bex you're drunk...hicc...jugg
You had ONE JOB :D

I think the Juggernaut is WAY more powerful than the Juggernaut. What do you think?
Last edited by maugli2 on Feb 27, 2018, 6:24:35 PM
Very interesting changes ... ascendant necro gets the 50% offerings ... raider/necro or deadeye necro could make a good chracter that has bone offering for some extra defence, and the ranger's offensive sections, hmmmm.
Path of Juggernaut
"
Wuffell wrote:
slayer+elementalist=immune to all reflect, hmmmm

Who cares now anyway?
ItsNicolekidman.jpg LOL
"
Wuffell wrote:
ascendant necro gets the 50% offerings

Necro has this too... I am kind of disappointed.

Maybe they shouldve completely reworked ascendant tree in a way where each lab gives you ability to pick 2 points from one ascendancy up to 4 per each ascendancy. Or would this be too op?

Looking at changes so far, every other ascendancy is "damn this is strong now, i want to play this" and then you look at Scion as an ugly duck sitting in the corner playing with turds

It's better, don't get me wrong, some interesting combinations, but I duno... let's wait and see how many good builds can be made with it.
Last edited by Get_M4d on Feb 27, 2018, 6:51:07 PM
"
Get_M4d wrote:
"
Wuffell wrote:
ascendant necro gets the 50% offerings

Necro has this too... I am kind of disappointed.

Maybe they shouldve completely reworked ascendant tree in a way where each lab gives you ability to pick 2 points from one ascendancy up to 4 per each ascendancy. Or would this be too op?

Looking at changes so far, every other ascendancy is "damn this is strong now, i want to play this" and then you look at Scion as an ugly duck sitting in the corner playing with turds

It's better, don't get me wrong, some interesting combinations, but I duno... let's wait and see how many good builds can be made with it.

I see the ascendant necro node as being cool, as it lets an ascendant get some of the offering benefits without needing to be necro.

The necro itself having 50% offering is a shame, but I can see the reasoning behind it.

I'm unsure if the ascendant is good or not. The layout seems even more disappointing now, but they do have the chance to take nodes from a different starting point, so that's still cool. If they could actually take whole nodes from other ascendancies, that would likely be OP, so it would have to be heavily controlled. I'm guessing that's how they came up with this current system.

It does feel bad to have no cool powers after doing the first lab, so in that sense the ascendant does feel like a bit of an ugly duckling.

In particular, there are very few tanky nodes. None gain armour, evasion or energy shield, or permanent fortify. There are definitely a few that have defensive mechanics, but I don't think any combination comes anywhere near close to four points spent in jugger or champ.

Jugger's "Gain an Endurance Charge every second if you've been Hit Recently" is certainly very good, but then they have it 1000 accuracy and more damage per EC.

Definitely an uncertain mixed bag IMO.
"
Gain an endurance charge every second if you have been hit recently

How long last the gain ? Untill max charge ? 4 secs too ?

edit : with the bestiary coming soon, will we have the opportunity to buy a Parrot that will hit us just to refresh the charges ? :o)
Last edited by Morne76 on Feb 27, 2018, 7:20:10 PM
"
Morne76 wrote:
"
Gain an endurance charge every second if you have been hit recently

How long last the gain ? Untill max charge ? 4 secs too ?

If you have been hit recently, so.... 4 sec, so minimum 4 endurance charge, up to your max, because you can always gain your max with this class

What I find strange is the fact that you only have 30% to gain a power charge on hit... but you still gain 4 if your hit... So they fear you get 5 of them? when they also put 25% to gain max endurance.... I'm not sure on this node.
Last edited by Xenombra on Feb 27, 2018, 7:22:32 PM
"
bjjnick913 wrote:
ItsNicolekidman.jpg LOL

WTF???

Is this a joke with me?I created a scion and named Am_I_NicoleKidman(it was supposed to be asking them GGG) when she was very like Nicole Kidman before they change her picture.

I love it thank you GGG.
Last edited by Redfloyd on Feb 27, 2018, 7:34:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info