Development Manifesto: Ascendancy Changes

"
jordan02 wrote:
jugg : +1.5% damage from hit is regenerated ? is it good ? compared to leech?

Remember it's 1.5% of the total Physical damage prevented in the past 10 seconds. So I doubt it'll be anywhere near as good as leech can be (unless you're constantly getting hit by every mob from 2-3 different packs), however it's a nice regen buff to have if you're not getting leech as your main source of damage mitigation
Last edited by Unknownone on Feb 27, 2018, 5:44:20 PM
"
VurdaLuck wrote:
Am I right, that Remarko, Sun's light's "Unaffected by Ignite" does not interact with RF in any manner?

Correct!

Burning refers to any fire damage over time effect.
The damage from RF is one type of burn, while ignite is another type of burn, so preventing ignite doesn't prevent anything else :)
"
Unknownone wrote:
"
jordan02 wrote:

Remember it's 1.5% of the total Physical damage prevented in the past 10 seconds. So I doubt it'll be anywhere near as good as leech can be (unless you're constantly getting hit by every mob from 2-3 different packs), however it's a nice regen buff to have if you're not getting leech as your main source of damage mitigation

My only question is, what counts as prevented?
Reduction from armour almost certainly counts, but does a dodge or block count as being prevented?
"
arkolyno wrote:
"
DAT juggernaut.
Are you kidding me? That is way to much defense for one ascendancy. And giving him that much accuracy that also scales with strength and crits and damage .... I see a new cookie cutter first char.

Do you even think before you speak ?

By your reasoning everybody can say the same for every ascendancy out there.
Does someone forces you not to play Jugg? Are you under threat with a gun on you head ,forcing you not to play the Jugg? Is there a prize of money at the end of the day for best DPS or best defence ? Are you competing with someone in this game? Is there a ladder of which ascendancy gets the best defense and Jugg will win cause it's broken?

People, wake up and go get a breath of fresh air, it's just a free game , the point of games is to have fun ...
Why waste nerves and torment your soul and waste time calculating whoever has best defence or clear speed or whatever... Just choose whatever class and playstiles you like, choose what gives you more satisfaction, that's the purpose of this game and all games, especially Poe with milion classes and whatever!!!! So what if a class is king of DPS and other of defence...that's the point. Everybody acts like GGG should make every class identical and also give us a few mirrors at the start of a league.

For real now, some thing u just can't stand for anymore, the levels of cinism is too much sometimes.

The amount of cynicism is indeed at an all time high today, particularly in your post.
"
Wuffell wrote:
"
Unknownone wrote:
"
jordan02 wrote:

Reduction from armour almost certainly counts, but does a dodge or block count as being prevented?

That's a good question. I want to lean towards saying yes, but im not 100% sure. I doubt evade/dodge would be counted as you didnt prevent any damage from the hit since you technically didnt get hit at all. However, blocking does make sense. You took the hit, but managed to prevent the damage with a shield. We'll need some confirmation from GGG but that's my assumption
"
VurdaLuck wrote:
Am I right, that Remarko, Sun's light's "Unaffected by Ignite" does not interact with RF in any manner?

You'd be right on that. RF is a burn, not an ignite.

"
Wuffell wrote:
"
Unknownone wrote:
"
jordan02 wrote:

Dodges (and evasion) cannot count at all because the damage value is entirely ignored. Block is unknown and could go either way. Physical damage prevented through armor and endurance charges will definitely count.

Leech isn't mitigation by the way. Mitigation by definition reduces damage taken. Leech and regen are forms of damage recovery.
"
Well Juggernaut is supposed to be the tank of tanks, so all those defenses make sense to me. However, I agree with the accuracy, damage, and crit mechanics... seems a bit too much for an ascendancy that's meant to be a wall of health and armor. But I'm not going to complain. These changes are still welcome

I am totally fine with jugg been the tankiest and truly believe that it is supposed to be this way, unless GGG would make champion the most tanky guy out there (which would be fine too :P),but I really think that 1000 accuracy + lets say 400-500 strength so 1500 plus lets say 2500 (should be a good accuracy bench mark for non-resolute-technique-char) + 30% which would be roughly 5200 that would also give free 26 attack speed is a huge dps buff for a tank. And lets not forget about that +30% increased damage (I know its increased and not more) paired with a damage buff (+5% for each) from a bunch of endurance charges from unyielding that became more a less juggernaut-defining-passive.
So what I'm saying is that I think it is rather unbalanced to have the tankiest char with such a high offensive capabilities.
Scion elementalist is better than actual elementalist for everything that's not golems
Scion raider + slayer is better than regular slayer
Shit ANYTHING melee with scion slayer + whatever you feel like picking is probably better than the "real" ascendancies
Nice
Last edited by Redreaper21 on Feb 27, 2018, 6:10:36 PM
I think juggernaut and champion both have their strong points.

Unless there's a way for juggernaut to frequently hit himself, thus giving himself endurance charges, champion's perma fortify makes him better navigating through traps, except when champion gets to 90% DR through having massive armour late-game. EDIT: I forgot that the traps vary ... many traps ignore fortify completely, so the juggernaut's 5% reduced Damage taken node will actually be better, while the armour means nothing to those traps. Hmm.

During a fight, assuming the juggernaut gives himself fortify, juggernaut is more tanky versus straight damage.

But ... champion can use totems to easily taunt enemies, while also hurting enemies (ancestral warchief, mostly).

I'd lean towards champion being a better starting character, and perhaps a better lab farmer, but at first glance, juggernaut feels better late game.
Last edited by Wuffell on Feb 27, 2018, 6:41:24 PM
Ooooo scion is out ... though it's labelled The Juggernaut, oops Bex :)

slayer+elementalist=immune to all reflect, hmmmm

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info