Development Manifesto: Ascendancy Changes

"
HJackWolf wrote:
Can anybody pls help me understand why they gave Gladiator a chance to blind? In the way it its kind of counter intuitive 'cuz right now half of the tree basically works with one of two things happens: either you get hit, or you block a hit, that way you will proc every buff the tree has to offer(more damage, more block, more movement..) but if you blind the enemy you wont be able to get that hit to damage you nor to block.

I know that in the Hier changes there is a similar thing happening where one of the most powerfull branches only work if you spent mana(arcane surge), and another branch PREVENTS you from spending mana, but in his case he has other options, he does have other powerful ways in the ascendecy to combo with either branch. In the case of the glad I dont see this happening, in my case I always wanted to make a powerfull block+BLEED build(not a good damage skill that does bleed, i'm talking about a a build that the bleed portion carries you to the endgame content), and when I saw the changes I didnt really know what to think about it.

So if someone could explain to me the reason and maybe how to make a good synergy with it, please help cuz the way I see it it would be better if they just made Maim for glad just like they made Arcane surge for Hier.

good point for the blind part
to me it is here to add a "defensive layer" to the duelist that is not block
and for the hiero you can either trigger it with hit/totem hits with " arcane reverence"
or by using your totems that might be expensive in mana ( spell totem support adds a 200% mana cost)
or just by not spending points to go to "sanctuary of though" xD
Wow jugger has been buffed! Yikes, so many good nodes!
"
Breakleg wrote:
"
Wasylus wrote:

You know you could use Warlord's Mark directly, without blasphemy, right ? The worse part is that you lose one curse slot that could be otherwise used for an ele penetration one or a defensive one instead. And Elementalist got 0.5% spell leech now, the amount can be enough if you do enough damage. There are also a few other ways to get spell lech - granted they are more tricky and not always suitable for a given build.

Yeah but for bossing forcing warlords mark into every build takes away your diversity from using any other curses just to survive and most times if you don't use it as an aura it can be either clunky or very unreliable or both.

It's not "clunky" - all you need is one rare ring (elder or shaper - forgot which one, but the mod does not require a very high ilvl so a ring like that is affordable) and voila - Warlord's Mark mark XII on hit at your service. An "on hit" trigger is as "not clunky" as you can get.
Also you do not have to get warlord's mark in every build - that's nonsense to say. There are other ways to play spellcasters or even to get spell leech, it's just that Warlord's Mark is the most obvious way to play for some builds - but not the only one. You just got that idea to do things one way and if you can't - you get mad. Berserker is obviously not mean't as a spellcaster class for GGG devs, they clearly wants to differentiate the classes somewhat now. Time where a class was just a starting point on passive skill tree won't come back. You either have unique classes and specialization with some flavour or you can make best spellcasters with berserkers. Both approaches have merits of curse but the point is: you can't have both at the same time. Deal with it.
Last edited by Wasylus on Feb 27, 2018, 4:14:13 PM
"
Ygidua wrote:

I tell you, all those that insulted me, would run back home to mommy, if they ever had to play such a game.

POE is a game like Diablo or any other. You visit third party websites, buy items that you need for a build, a build that you did copy from some streamer and then you faceroll content. Let´s face it, this is how you guys roll and then you attack those of us, that refuse to take the path of least resistance... hypocrisy at it´s best.

Firstly, no one insulted you. Secondly, stop assuming things about people that you have literally 0 information on. Everyone plays how they like and if you cant play how you like then there are other games out there.
I cannot be caged.
I cannot be controlled.
Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools!
Unflinching looks awesome ... particularly: Gain an Endurance Charge every second if you've been Hit Recently.
Which mechanics can we use to be constantly hit ourselves?
Eye of Innocence etc can be used when attacking enemies ... but are there any combinations now that allow us to constantly hit ourselves, so we get 1 EC every second?
lol there is a paschal eggs in the names of images
DAT juggernaut.
Are you kidding me? That is way to much defense for one ascendancy. And giving him that much accuracy that also scales with strength and crits and damage .... I see a new cookie cutter first char.
"
spawnas wrote:
"
Ygidua wrote:

There are casuals playing this game too, it needs to stop that GGG only caters to hardcores that spend all day online.

Why can´t they just give us a viable necro build for shaper and co? I play for two years and never saw that guy...

If you balance the game to casual players then it will be broken for serious players. And i think its fare to balance it in favor for people that play this game much more. Also im pretty sure that there are necro builds that can kill shaper. If you are not willing to put enough effort to get there thats on you.

Of course there are necro builds that can kill shaper. And they are really cheap. I find necromancer the cheapest build to kill shaper, but on the other hand its max single target potential is lower than other ascendancies.

You need nothing but a 6 link and all minions nods on the tree to kill shaper. It can also be done with a 4 link with some practice and skill. But if you have time an a lot of currency to expend, better use an inquisitor, there you have a shaper melting ascendancy...
Last edited by Jedity1 on Feb 27, 2018, 4:59:16 PM
TFW the gladiator picture is named RusselCrowe.jpg.... I love you guys. It's the little things.
ascendant tonight or riot!!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info