Development Manifesto: Ascendancy Changes

Increases and reductions to damage are additive with all other increases and reductions on your tree, gear, e.g. "increased attack damage, . .", whereas culling strike can be viewed as a somewhat multiplicative damage boost as it will always cull under 10/20% enemy health, regardless of your damage output or the enemy base hp. With 400% increased damage on your tree/gear, another 40% increase from ascendancy would equal "10% more" damage, getting gradually more/less impactful as you have less/more baseline increases already.
On that note, a 10% cull is approximately 11.11%, a 20% cull a 25% "more damage buff". Culling is slightly harder to evaluate in party play as monster hp increases but you will still cull the same, but it gets even more useful the larger the party is.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
"
Hfgbrzl wrote:
Increases and reductions to damage are additive with all other increases and reductions on your tree, gear, e.g. "increased attack damage, . .", whereas culling strike can be viewed as a somewhat multiplicative damage boost as it will always cull under 10/20% enemy health, regardless of your damage output or the enemy base hp. With 400% increased damage on your tree/gear, another 40% increase from ascendancy would equal "10% more" damage, getting gradually more/less impactful as you have less/more baseline increases already.
On that note, a 10% cull is approximately 11.11%, a 20% cull a 25% "more damage buff". Culling is slightly harder to evaluate in party play as monster hp increases but you will still cull the same, but it gets even more useful the larger the party is.

I see, thanks!
That's why is was writing I might not be getting it.

So the culling strike might be much more valuable than I thought, particularly for bosses, even though it is only the 10% version and not the 20% of the slayer ascendency.

Too bad I only play solo.

How do you get to the 11.11 percent?
Hi, just wanted to throw my 2 cents in regarding the new ascendancy changes, in specific the changes to Occultist, or in this instance, the lack of changes to the malediction talent. I'm referring to the % of non chaos damage added on kill. I'm just curious why this would be kept in a tree dedicated to chaos damage, energy shield and curses. I get that GGG want variety in builds, and for people to be able to make characters outside the box, but to keep 1 single text line in an entire major node of an ascendancy attributed to some niche, "ok, I'm going occultist and building phys/ele damage" build seems like a waste to me. It could have been better attributed to 1 of the three major attributes of Occultist. What ED, DP or Blight builds could possibly take advantage of that node to the fullest, or in fact, what ED, DP, Blight or phys/ele build could take full advantage of that node? Just seems like 1 text line out of 12 full nodes worth of text dedicated to some random build that might be fun, but noone is prob going make because no build can make the most of it. Just my thoughts anyways.
Soooo happy for the Ascendant changes! I am excited to try them out!
Cheers to those whose friends have moved on to other games...
So the ascendant has been inspired by Nicole Kidman ... interesting !
Glad I came here !

The trickster added chaos damage node seem quite insane for non dot non chaos builds.
No more free movement skill though, I thought that this one was interesting :(.

PS : what has nothing been done about the retarded inquisitor "ignore resistances on crit" node ?
I thought this was a rework ....

And couple of new keystones' powers seem .... pretty insane to be honest.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Feb 28, 2018, 9:22:47 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
So the ascendant has been inspired by Nicole Kidman ... interesting !
Glad I came here !

The trickster added chaos damage node seem quite insane for non dot non chaos builds.
No more free movement skill though, I thought that this one was interesting :(.

PS : what has nothing been done about the retarded inquisitor "ignore resistances on crit" node ?
I thought this was a rework ....

And couple of new keystones' powers seem .... pretty insane to be honest.

"No more free movement skill though, I thought that this one was interesting :(." Weave of the arcane still gives u free movement skill..
Not sure if this has already been asked, but will there be a complete Reset (incl. Ascendencies) available with the patch? I feel that certain builds are heavily influences by their chosen Ascendency and thus might want to consider switching it due to your rework.
Exampke would be Righteous Fire with Berserker, which becomes quite unuseable after the Patch due to the Life Degen on top. One might chose to switch to Chieftain instead.
Love the names of the jpgs :)
"
Rushblaze wrote:
Not sure if this has already been asked, but will there be a complete Reset (incl. Ascendencies)

Every major patch comes with a free tree reset
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
scion ficou uma bosta! muitos nerfs kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info