Development Manifesto: Ascendancy Changes

Has anyone else noticed the names of those jpgs? Someone at ggg has a weird sense of humor. I like that.
"
Wuffell wrote:
"
Dragoon_Diver wrote:
hmm i kinda knew it that they would modify jugg heavily but didn't expect to remove fortify from the unyielding node to solely rely on endurance charges mechanics
too early to say if it is a nerf or not i think

Big buff. They removed the reliance on fortify, as previous nodes gave you bonuses when you had fortify, instead of giving you fortify itself.

The 30% inc damage is nothing, and it has been more than made up for.

Instead of 1.5% of max life regenerated per second while you have fortify, you have 2% life regen.

Instead of 25% increased effect of fortify, you have 5% reduced damage taken.

And those last two are both in the Unbreakable node, which is an amazing node.

It's clearly a big buff :)

Have to disagree here. Fortify is something you just use on melee chars all the time no matter what. You either link it to main skill or some other skill to use every few seconds but you make sure to have it on at all times when in combat. 20% reduced damage from hits is just too big to pass. Which means that the reliance you spoke off was mostly illusory. 5% reduction = 25% fortify effect (against hits). And now you need to spend 2 points on something that used to be almost useless and could have been ignored. Final effect = one less node to take for a little more defence. Probably not a buff overall at all, i'm absolutely certain not a "big" one.
Unless you wanted to play the old jugg without fortify - then it's a buff for sure.
On the other hand offensive options for jugg got boosted nicely so overall Juggernaut looks good as always.

Edit: sorry, the 1.5% regeneration from prevented damage in past 10 second might actually be quite good, but I'm not really sure how good. So in case it works well = a big defence buff but at a cost.
Last edited by Wasylus on Feb 28, 2018, 5:31:11 AM
"
If the way for balancing Ascendant is to follow up the general buff, it won't really change the overall picture will it?

These parameters are so weak within Ascendant when compared to other setups, this sucks.

+1

Somes are good together tho, but overall looks unbalanced, and honestly it will never be a good ascendancy until you have some proper nodes after normal lab.
I'm playing almost only ascendant and I just never do normal lab because it's worthless the effort. No it's not even that, it's actually slower and less useful to do the normal lab instead of continuing, you'll be just wasting time and take risk. Spending that time to level up and progress will be far more profitable.

now, regarding the current ascendant:
Champion : 10% change to get fortify on hit is not reliable, you design your build with or without fortify, but you can't do shit with 10% chance. Why did it get nerfed ?

Trickster: 15% chances to gain 50% of non chaos damage as extra chaos damage... same story, what is the point here ? make a non reliable node ? and this is a wayyy more shitty than the original, it's just pointless.

Occultist: Switch the +1 curse to curse apply to hexproof and it will be an awesome node.

Overall, yes it is better than the previous ascendant, but regarding the global buff of ascendancy, I don't think there is a case where picking ascendant is better than regular, it's always under. Honestly the idea is good the realization is bellow average.

I'll put some effort to propose you another tree, that you'll probably don't take into account, but at least I will bring something on the table.
1.5% regeneration from prevented damage in past 10 second is HUGE. I think with arctic armour, fortify, full endurance charge followed by immortal call the prevented amount would be so great that you could stand afk if no big ele hitters are there or much degen. For me ofc the best tank in the game. I think this league will be full of

totem hieros
82 gladiators
immortal juggs
slayer scions
golem elems
onslaught raiders

"
Wasylus wrote:
"
Wuffell wrote:
"
Dragoon_Diver wrote:
hmm i kinda knew it that they would modify jugg heavily but didn't expect to remove fortify from the unyielding node to solely rely on endurance charges mechanics
too early to say if it is a nerf or not i think

Big buff. They removed the reliance on fortify, as previous nodes gave you bonuses when you had fortify, instead of giving you fortify itself.

The 30% inc damage is nothing, and it has been more than made up for.

Instead of 1.5% of max life regenerated per second while you have fortify, you have 2% life regen.

Instead of 25% increased effect of fortify, you have 5% reduced damage taken.

And those last two are both in the Unbreakable node, which is an amazing node.

It's clearly a big buff :)

Have to disagree here. Fortify is something you just use on melee chars all the time no matter what. You either link it to main skill or some other skill to use every few seconds but you make sure to have it on at all times when in combat. 20% reduced damage from hits is just too big to pass. Which means that the reliance you spoke off was mostly illusory. 5% reduction = 25% fortify effect (against hits). And now you need to spend 2 points on something that used to be almost useless and could have been ignored. Final effect = one less node to take for a little more defence. Probably not a buff overall at all, i'm absolutely certain not a "big" one.
Unless you wanted to play the old jugg without fortify - then it's a buff for sure.
On the other hand offensive options for jugg got boosted nicely so overall Juggernaut looks good as always.

Edit: sorry, the 1.5% regeneration from prevented damage in past 10 second might actually be quite good, but I'm not really sure how good. So in case it works well = a big defence buff but at a cost.

So, let's assume we have fortify on the old jugger, and on the new jugger.

old juggernaut with Unyielding gained:
30% increased Damage
1.5% of Maximum Life Regenerated per second
25% increased effect of Fortify on You, which translates to 4% damage reduction versus hits only

new juggernaut with Unbreakable gains:
2% of Life Regenerated per second
5% reduced Damage taken
Armour received from Body Armour is doubled
Strange 1.5% mechanic

so for the same two points, you lost 30% increased Damage, which you can make up elsewhere. You gain 0.5% life regen, but the minor node had 0.4% life regen so we can almost ignore this. You gain 1% reduced damage versus hits, and 5% reduced damage versus non-hits. You gained the double armour and the strange mechanic.

This is clearly a buff, as you easily make up the damage elsewhere, and defensively it's just plain better :)

And if you don't have fortify, then the new jugger's even better.

It's not like old jugger got fortify for free or anything, so I really don't see your side of the discussion :)
One thing is clear looking for melee chars, who would ever again play gladiator or chempion with crazy-to-proc adrenaline? Having jugg with its insane ec def/accuracy buff and chieftain with its fire nodes (ash!!)? Unless u love being at max block with average dmg...thank u for castrating my favorite char ggg :)
"
anastazjasz wrote:
One thing is clear looking for melee chars, who would ever again play gladiator or chempion with crazy-to-proc adrenaline? Having jugg with its insane ec def/accuracy buff and chieftain with its fire nodes (ash!!)? Unless u love being at max block with average dmg...thank u for castrating my favorite char ggg :)

I'm trying to figure out adrenaline ... if you have ideas, feel free to help out :)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2092686. I think there's a chance of it being amazing, if it's wrangled well ...
I am not entirely convinced about the slayer node for the ascendent, but perhaps I am not getting it right?

We used to have 40% increased damage on bosses.

Now we get culling strike which I believe are 10% and 20% while leeching.

To me this looks like a nerf, particularly when considering the increased boss HP from 3.2. onward.

To me the physical reflect immunity is nice but does not make up for damage loss.

The champion also appears to be doing less damage now as we no longer get 30% while having fortify (which now also only has a 10% to proc).

Last edited by Spackomat on Feb 28, 2018, 7:09:27 AM
"
Spackomat wrote:
To me this looks like a nerf, particularly when considering the increased boss HP from 3.2. onward

WIth bosses it may not be nerf. As they have HP buffed (again, so even morte people will skip them), 20% of their life is more meaningful, than now.
Of course when killing trash it is weaker.
Damn, I hoped to play Scion this patch :/
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
"
Spackomat wrote:
I am not entirely convinced about the slayer node for the ascendent, but perhaps I am not getting it right?

To me this looks like a nerf, particularly when considering the increased boss HP from 3.2. onward.

To me the physical reflect immunity is nice but does not make up for damage loss.

The champion also appears to be doing less damage now as we no longer get 30% while having fortify (which now also only has a 10% to proc).

For what i see, its a little nerf, you dont get all the goodies in 1 build, but at least if you want tu use splash damage (like i do) you will get 100% splash damage instead of the old 50%, which will be better then the actuall gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info