To support or not to support. That is the qustion

"1) Is your game, GGG, worthy of my financial support?"

I'm a very casual player, still learning a lot about the game, and have been playing on/off (more off than on due to work) for a few months and I'd say 'yes' | spending points on stash tabs was where I started and eventually bought a few supporter packs. Like someone posted above, I calculated how much time I spent playing the game and how much that was worth to me.

"2) If so, to what degree do I do so? If, not, do I continue to play anyway?"

As you can see from my profile, I don't get to play too much however I do like starting a league and see how far I can get before 'life' gets in the way. I set a goal and try to reach it, I love the fact that I can pickup where I left off even after a league is over (even if it's in the Standard league).

3) Do I speak positively about your game to others?

If you've had a good time playing the game then 'why not'?

"Unfortunately, there is a deal breaker. CONSTANT disconnects."

I agree with the previous posters, constant disconnects could be the system you're playing on, your service provider, or a combination of both. Granted all service providers will suffer issues periodically but that's the exception and not the norm.

*My gripe with PoE are the desync issues I encounter when using my movement ability. I'm playing on a pretty beefy system, just built with all the latest hardware available at the time (October 2017) with a 1440p Predator monitor, currently working in South Korea and have a 1 gigabyte fiber line to my house - connect to the server in Japan at about 40ms (so i have pretty stable connection) - if i choose 'lockstep' networking mode I suffer from game stutters and if I choose 'predictive' networking mode I suffer desync - not enough to make me stop playing tho ;)

I've learned to save 'harder' things I want to try for right after I make a new level, then I don't care how much I die trying as the XP penalty won't de-level me :D

Anyway, I hope you can achieve a stable connection and enjoy the game!
"
IIPheXII wrote:
I want the XP penalty, numbers and time to get past 95 is just retarded, you eventually just die of boredom or a lag spike before u get to 90% of lvl 96

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAxZVZgpmI0

Hey OP. So heres my short story.

I started PoE long ago when game ended on entrance to Solaris Temple. Loved it from the very first sight. It got me this "new thing" in "old comfortable manner".

I buy games that give me something more than just playing. I love the experience. I love Witcher (im from Poland so extra points for books and rest of the content). 3rd is waiting for new rig that will eventually come. I remember when i started Mass Effect. 1st and 2nd. They were great but third made me this "i will never give my money to EA again". When i will get Witcher 3rd i will have proper experience from 1 to last. Game worth my time and attention are worth my money.

If PoE would be game in box i would buy it. Because it gave me exellent experience among the time and for some reason its not boring to me. So i support GGG because they deserved it. They earned it.

It is actually Your call. Make it in harmony with The Self.
When you log in, there is a gateway you can choose. Are you choosing the nearest one to you?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info