To support or not to support. That is the qustion

Don’t do it....gets expensive.
I have the same problem with disconnects. I use satillite internet and I play on a pretty powerful laptop but I wonder whether something about the laptop's power saving features to the wifi are contributing to the disconnects I get.

One thing I have noticed though, is that I get 5x as many disconnects when I play in windowed mode as when I play in fullscreen mode. As I said, I think my laptop may be trying to modulate my connections power resources when I have more than one application in the foreground and GGG's server's are seeing it as a weak connection and then kicking me off. And they really need to do something about that if my theory is correct.

Mine is always disconnecting during loading screens. I think my laptop notices the reduced strain on the connection and then lowers the resources its putting into wifi, especially in windowed mode and then GGG's jiggaboo ass servers takes that as their cue to drop the connection.
Last edited by BearCares on Feb 20, 2018, 7:40:28 PM
"
crzytimes wrote:
Don’t do it....gets expensive.

Only if you have impulse control issues!

Spoiler
I totally don't...
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
You will need to spend money anyway (stash tabs) so why not buy a supporter pack and get that extremely useful space for your items? Also recommend you do that on a stash tab sale, otherwise you are just wasting your money. I've spent enough money on the game to make up for my service i guess and enjoying 30+ stash tabs and some mtx sets is not bad at all. I would say it's a game worth buying although sometimes they dissapoint us in their patch notes, so you migth wanna wait until the dark side of all the cool stuff is shown (nerfs) and decide if you like that or not.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Last edited by IIPheXII on Feb 20, 2018, 10:43:07 PM
OP have similar problems like I did back then. It is on your end, I used to have a subpar laptop and ended up blaming GGG when all I needed was an upgrade. Maybe include your specs or quit playing on wi-fi.

Deal with it first, and then you'll see why most support this game after seeing how beautiful it runs on a real gaming pc. The game isn't perfect, but a lot of my boring rants about poor optimization was summarily debunked with a new pc.
I think if you really like the game you should buy an entry level supporter pack with an armor skin you like.

About disconnects, I play HC with my phone as modem using 4glte... I think maybe 1 dc per 50 hours this league?

Laptops are awful, it's going to max our your GPU no matter what it is unless you use Vsync or limit frames to like 30-60. Recommend buying a fan platform for your laptop as well, they are like 20 bucks on amazon.

It's still gonna overheat if you ambient room temp is over like 75 degrees.
Playing this game is best on a Desktop.

This whole ISP is the problem is crap. Maybe a bad router sometimes. GGG uses a TCP connection to there game servers which is a connected state. If a packet drops then the TCP protocol will request the host to resend the packet. Most likely an application issue with there network stack and how the engine process the data on the server. Just maybe their ISP provider is the problem causing the disconnects. TCP uses a buffer and there is an idle timeout before a disconnect would happen which is 300 seconds in today's networks. Instant disconnect is usually a server issue. If it was the client then usually the client couldn't connect to the game.

Take a packet capture and see what the traffic is doing and who is disconnecting who. I bet it's either GGG's ISP provider hosting the servers or the application itself.
"
To support or not to support. That is the qustion

Not at their prices. GGG charges as much as a AAA game for multiple things, many times over. It's like a sick joke. I've spent about $75 on this game which is plenty. Nope, never buying any type of supporter pack.
If they didn't keep putting in XP Penalities lord knows how many Supporter Packs I would have bought by now.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
If they didn't keep putting in XP Penalities lord knows how many Supporter Packs I would have bought by now.

I have the lord on speed dial. I just asked him this very important question.

He hurriedly changed the subject after mumbling something that sounded strangely like 'none', but it might have been 'ten'. That big beard of his gets in the way sometimes...
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info